Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Take off seconds after entering runway

We do the same thing with the King Air. We put in power and let the engines stabilize as we come around the corner to make sure they are working then up to max torque and off we go.
All right. i´ll do that next time with the NGX. i was used to line up and recheck everything and then taking off.

i´ll do that next time
A good idea. Something new to experience in our good old sims! rubbinghands.gif

When I'm givin the green light, I'm always at full throttle by the time the nose is pointed down the runway, Unless I'm doing a Short or Soft field t/o. This is in a 172/archer/Viking, it don't matter.

"Cleared for the immediate" means one thing: ATC needs you out of the way
Depending on which airport that can be pretty much all the time...LOLI respect what those guys have to do....CHEERS

Matthew Kane

In the UK it's expected behaviour.

1.7.5 For traffic reasons a controller may consider it necessary for an aircraft to take off without any delay. Therefore, when given the instruction ‘cleared for immediate takeoff’, the pilot is expected to act as follows:a) At the holding point: taxi immediately on to the runway and commence take-off without stopping the aircraft.b) If already lined up on the runway: take-off without delay. Should an immediate take-off not be possible, the pilot is to advise the controller
http://www.caa.co.uk...s/33/CAP413.pdf

No sweat. YT does throw up some funnies. On another subject, purely out of amicable curiosity, as your interests are listed a 'all that jazz' and you have the name of a jazz legend, is jazz your bag?
Yes sir I'm a local jazz journalist in my country and that brings me to enormous short flights and eventually brought me here (also to a flight simming hobby). And thank you for those who have explained. I appreciate it.Since Low Cost Companies have been mushrooming in my country since 2005, the public needs more valid information since we are easily distracted by new things in the world of aviation, which sometimes lead to misunderstandings, especially in terms of safety. Their ignorance often generates bad perception of an airline company when an incident or accident occurred. To make things worse, the media as well is not too well informed. For example, they once wrote in a daily newspaper that "an aircraft is declaring emergency at 35.000 meters", which I believe it should've been 35.000 feet. Things like that.This information should add depth to my next column, as an opening perhaps (I'll think about how it connects to jazz later on :) ).Regards,Coltrane Edited by Coltrane

Did this imediatly take off recently. It´s a bit tricky bt you really get of a lot earlier. Very good if the runway isn´t that long.

To align us better with ICAO standards. Soon we will be saying decimal instead of point.
And Russia have finally adopted RVSM and altitude in feet. I'd love to see QNH in HPa in the USA too. One thing the USA does which I'd like to see adopted in the rest of the world is the standard 18000 foot transition altitude. I mean... why not?

What is special about 18,000 ft that it should be applied world-wide? As far as I am aware no other countries (except Canada) use such a large value. The lowest transition altitude in the UK is 3,000 ft

Yes sir I'm a local jazz journalist in my country and that brings me to enormous short flights and eventually brought me here (also to a flight simming hobby). And thank you for those who have explained. I appreciate it.Since Low Cost Companies have been mushrooming in my country since 2005, the public needs more valid information since we are easily distracted by new things in the world of aviation, which sometimes lead to misunderstandings, especially in terms of safety. Their ignorance often generates bad perception of an airline company when an incident or accident occurred. To make things worse, the media as well is not too well informed. For example, they once wrote in a daily newspaper that "an aircraft is declaring emergency at 35.000 meters", which I believe it should've been 35.000 feet. Things like that.This information should add depth to my next column, as an opening perhaps (I'll think about how it connects to jazz later on :) ).Regards,Coltrane
I fully agree with you, Coltrane, that the onus is very much on the media in disseminating the correct information, specially when dealing with the world of statistics.As a music-loving and sports-loving aficionado, there used to be an athletics correspondent on one of our foremost leading 'quality' newspapers, and I lost count of the number of times he infuriated me by not getting his facts right,--- more so in a sport such as track+field(athletics to the rest of the world)which is all about statistics i.e. records, times, distances, etc.---continually, wrong.After all, there is quite a vast difference between 35k feet and 35k metres.

What is special about 18,000 ft that it should be applied world-wide? As far as I am aware no other countries (except Canada) use such a large value. The lowest transition altitude in the UK is 3,000 ft
Mountains. Except for the Himalayas, there should be few terrain considerations above that altitude. Edited by KevinAu

Did this imediatly take off recently. It´s a bit tricky bt you really get of a lot earlier. Very good if the runway isn´t that long.
For a proper short field, one should line up and hold the brakes using all available runway. Allow the engines to spool up to T/O thrust before releasing the breaks.A "rolling takeoff" isn't a wise choice for shorter runways. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

A "rolling takeoff" isn't a wise choice for shorter runways.
Really?! I thought when were allready rolling, the momentum to overcome is a bit smaller to we´re faster at Vr?

Guest bstolle

Depends on the plane. Large GA plane can do that, starting at Dash-8 class A/C it's getting uncomfortable for the passengers and you don't do brake release take offs with heavies.Furthermore the take off calculation includes a line up allowance and with airliners you generally don't use a runway that would be that limited.

Edited by bstolle