Sign in to follow this  
Jorgenson

Get ready to eat cake ...... what flavor of frosting do you like?

Arwen, a lot of the naysayer here are very frustrated because they did not get what they wanted (yet,) on 01/04/2012, and some others who were posting here are not anymore because of what they had predicted Flight would be at released, another word, the best think after sliced bread...... Because MS released only what you are seeing now (beta) they are convince that this is all what Flight will be PERIOD, so debating with them is a waiste of time if you ask me, can opinion be exchange...of course they can but some posters here will ague just to argue.You can't debate your idea for ever, I'm with you here but some peoples need to see to believe...the camp was devided in 1/2 before Flight was release, I posted what Flight was to be at release from over a year ago, I even said I had source(s) was I right or was I right.....still today some here can't belive what I posted before was from my sources..... nothing I can do about that.....no matter what they will see only what their emotions will making them see.When you take a step back and you look at the whole picture it's easy to see it regardless if you have insiders info or not....

Edited by alainneedle1

Flight is not (at this point) intended to replace what we have (or don't have) in FSX. So it isn't a matter of all or nothing. The thing that makes flight simming such a great hobby is the diversity of what we have to chose from.
Thanks heavens for the voice of sanity. :( It's just such a shame that the majority of posters in this forum will completely ignore it. :(

Give people power to really test their personality.

Went to my local car dealership to test drive and purchase a car advertised on TV.Salesman gave me the keys and I was rearing to go. I sat behind the wheel and to my suprise, no ignition, no radio, no speedometer no gauges for fuel tank etc...just a blank panel.I asked the saleman how the heck am I supposed to drive this thing. He said that was the basic car but I can get the deluxe version for an additional $2000 with a proper panel. So off I went and jumped in the deluxe version. Wow what a difference. Had everything I could want in the panel. Even Apple ready connections. So I start it up and the roar of the engine was to die for. I reached for the accelarator with my foot....nada, none, zilch, no brakes, and worst of all no gear shift. I could not believe it and again asked what the heck is going on. The salesman politely said that comes with the premier version for an added, yes you guessed it, $4000.00Off I go into the premier edition and yes its all there...what a joy it will be to take this for a ride. So off we went out the exit of the dealership and towards the highway where I am greeted by a stop sign. The salesman says we can go left or right , take your pick. I look left and right there isnt anything, no road no traffic nothing. So what to do. He says there is a credit card slot in the dash , swipe your card, and pay the $100 fee for roads etc and it will activate all you need to see......Fortunatley I have not bought the car so do I jump out and give him back the keys orPay and keep going not knowing what it will cost to return the car after the test drive? :Hypnotized:Any similiaritues to people places or things is purely coincidentalNail%20Biting.gif

purchase a car
The car is FREE
I have not bought the car
Neither has anyone else and only a limited of people have seen the car at the Auto Show.
keep going not knowing what it will cost
Wait and see what the final produced car will be.

You can't debate your idea for ever, I'm with you here but some peoples need to see to believe
I only have to debate this until Flight is released. I have a feeling that most of those members here that I'm debating with, are going to be too embarrassed to show their faces here for awhile.
Thanks heavens for the voice of sanity. It's just such a shame that the majority of posters in this forum will completely ignore it.
Thanks! :) And I'm used to guys not listening to me (or to reason).
Pay and keep going not knowing what it will cost to return the car after the test drive?
But you will be able to test drive Flight for free.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Bray, tell me you don't have 3RD party addons.....or tell me that if Flight was just FSX with better performance you would not buy 3RD party addons to make it look better....I see Flight as your basic car and you buy the options your want in it, if you don't want a GPS or a rear view camera in your car you don't buy it, but if you want heated seat and a sunroof you can buy these options.....how hard is it?

Edited by alainneedle1

Pay and keep going not knowing what it will cost to return the car after the test drive? :Hypnotized:Any similiaritues to people places or things is purely coincidentalNail%20Biting.gif
Yes, similarity with another platform, pay every month and keep going, quit paying and you can't take a ride.....

Bray, tell me you don't have 3RD party addons.....or tell me that if Flight was just FSX with better performance you would not buy 3RD party addons to make it look better....I see Flight as your basic car and you buy the options your want in it, if you don't want a GPS or a rear view camera in your car you don't buy it, but if you want heated seat and a sunroof you can buy these options.....how hard is it?
Yes I agree but for heavens sake at least let me have a car to drive with an engine, a gas pedal and a basic panel to see whats going on. Test driving a free car without anything to really test makes no sense. But hey if it floats some peoples boat no problemAs for FSX I do have 3rd party addons all freeware I might add and I am satisifed with it as a 'simulator' not a game to me. I dont want the NDA policia after me so I cant speak to Flight at this point.

Yes, similarity with another platform, pay every month and keep going, quit paying and you can't take a ride.....
purely coincidental...............

Any similiaritues to people places or things is purely coincidental
As are any similarities to reality.

Yes I agree but for heavens sake at least let me have a car to drive with an engine, a gas pedal and a basic panel to see whats going on. Test driving a free car without anything to really test makes no sense. But hey if it floats some peoples boat no problemAs for FSX I do have 3rd party addons all freeware I might add and I am satisifed with it as a 'simulator' not a game to me. I dont want the NDA policia after me so I cant speak to Flight at this point.
Well, seems to me you know that MS Flight comes with an engine, a gas pedal and a basic panel (if not more) so I don't see the problem here...

Well, seems to me you know that MS Flight comes with an engine, a gas pedal and a basic panel (if not more) so I don't see the problem here...
Yes! That's the starting point......"Of course, being just Hawaii takes away hopes for big transatlantic voyages, but Microsoft promise it’ll be approachable for all, with options to tweak it from ultra-realistic cockpit simulator, right down to flying the plane from the outside with controls a dog could manage." (rockpapershotgun.com)."I played a few missions and spent some time in the free fly mode, and it certainly is a simulator. The controls and piloting hasn't been dumbed down for users.Long-time flyers will only be missing the option to use multiple monitors, at least when the game releases. According to Microsoft, that is likely to change in the future.Like Microsoft Flight Simulator, MS Flight will work with all 3rd party flight controllers." (kotaku.com)."Accommodating new players seems to be a focal point, especially given the price structure, but those serious about getting an experience which mimics real-life aviation shouldn't turn away. Both audiences, according to Microsoft, are being targeted." (destructoid.com)."Instead, Microsoft is supposedly working and negotiating with the current 3rd party developers to offer their products in the marketplace.This would provide Microsoft with control of the add-ons, but also most likely provide Microsoft with a cut off the profits of 3rd party add-ons sold within the marketplace." (examiner.com).and so on....... :(

They are not working with PMDG, LEVEL-D, Orbx... we know that much.
So what?

Instore game sales were down drastically this holiday shopping season (again) highlighting a trend that will only continue. Venues like Windows Live Marketplace are the obvious solution.cheersjja

Edited by jjjallen

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

There has not been one 3PD that has publicly announced their intentions to develop for FLIGHT on the Games for Windows Live platform,
Why? Restrictions?
but plenty of developers who have been vocal in expressing their disappointment with Microsoft and announcing that they have NO intentions of developing for the "arcade game" that is FLIGHT.
" - And it is also worth noting that that we haven't closed the door on developing for FLIGHT. [...].But that isn't to say that if/when they decide to bring the platform to the point where they want external support we won't consider the platform. (Robert S. Randazzo, PMDG)."NO intentions of developing....."????FLIGHT = "arcade game" = rhetoric (not true). :( Edited by torium