Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

briansommers

odd green tint in snow.. any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I thought it was only me.I get that too & have no idea why or how to fix it.Hope someone with the knowledege chimes in & is able to answer.Me thinks it's a layering issue w/scenery....or library structure?!

Check Colour settings in your driver and in monitor (bezel).Cheers,- jahman.

The setting of Land detail textures comes with that downside. Uncheck it in the Scenery tab of the FSX options if you are flying over snow and things.It may also be dependant on the actual file in use. Talking about the detail1.bmp in the SceneryWorldTexture folder. Some folks are using that REX grass or some Orbx 'cracked' structure, so maybe alter the style there to remove the greenish tinting.I think Holger Sandmann once explained how FSX handles that file and structure in the Orbx forums.

Brian - that green can be offset by wearing rose-tinted glasses...... :(

It may also be dependant on the actual file in use. Talking about the detail1.bmp in the SceneryWorldTexture folder. Some folks are using that REX grass or some Orbx 'cracked' structure, so maybe alter the style there to remove the greenish tinting.
I have found this to be the case. The tint of the snow depends on what detail1.bmp file is used. This file is indeed changed by the REX grass texture or ORBX runway surface textures as you stated (in the "FTX Aero Tool", under "Detail Bump Map" you can choose default, coarse, fine soft or cracked surfaces). Every different surface there gives another tint in the snow, generally reddish, except the default that gives a greenish tint...You will also find that each different surface induces a different "line pattern" in the snow textures, some more pronounced than others, also depending on the viewing distance from the ground..As stated, the only effective solution must be to uncheck the "Land detail textures" whenever you are in snowy terrain.

I have never seen that and my Land Detail Textures have been checked from day 1.

If its yellow snow then you have a real problem. :-)

If its yellow snow then you have a real problem. :-)
Phew, that was close, fortunately it's only green or red :(