Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Yoke for flying the NGX

i wish people wouldn't say 'Saitek is crap' like it's a worldwide fact.maybe you had bad luck with a defective product, it doesn't mean the entire brand is crapi use the saitek yoke, two throttle quads, and saitek pedals and i consider them far, far, far from crap. they're definitely more durable and less cheap-feeling then the CH yoke and CH pedals I had before themi have been using them hard since almost a year and not one piece has had an issue. everything works like the day i bought it and opened the boxbased on my experiences, the Saitek yoke, throttles, and pedals (non-combat) are the best quality for the price you payi also will say i don't have 600+ dollars to blow on simming gear. some people here should consider that this hobby is used by many as a replacement for investing in time, training, and the money to buy/rent actual aircraft. the gear sitting on your computer desk doesn't have to be interchangeable with the real deal

i wish people wouldn't say 'Saitek is crap' like it's a worldwide fact.maybe you had bad luck with a defective product, it doesn't mean the entire brand is crapi use the saitek yoke, two throttle quads, and saitek pedals and i consider them far, far, far from crap. they're definitely more durable and less cheap-feeling then the CH yoke and CH pedals I had before themi have been using them hard since almost a year and not one piece has had an issue. everything works like the day i bought it and opened the boxbased on my experiences, the Saitek yoke, throttles, and pedals (non-combat) are the best quality for the price you payi also will say i don't have 600+ dollars to blow on simming gear. some people here should consider that this hobby is used by many as a replacement for investing in time, training, and the money to buy/rent actual aircraft. the gear sitting on your computer desk doesn't have to be interchangeable with the real deal
I agree with you, however i also think that it is ok to strive for the best you can with the limited money and resources you may have. As mentioned in my previous post, i have a CH Eclipse yoke which for the money is not bad at all, 'except for' the sticky shaft thing which i have seen written about on the web with regard to both the CH and the Saitek yoke. That does not mean that i think Saitek products are crap. In fact, for my throttle i use my X52 throttle which works great for both throttle and rev. thrust.The biggest problem i had with both the Saitek and the CH products is the software which i solved by using FSUIPC.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Rick, if suffering from "Sticky Shaft Thing" see other current Yoke posting http://forum.avsim.n...e-for-the-pmdg/ post no. 23.Cheers.Dave Baggs.
Hi dave. Yes, that's where i first got interested in MrKen's yoke mod, which i am going to give a try.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

To the OP,Seriously, dont let everyone say that the cheaper ones are crap, yes they arnt realy boeing yokes, and not as good as the more expensive ones that a normal guy like myself can afford. I was like you, a young college guy looking for something to get rid of my stick, i opted fpr the well priced first gen ch yoke, ok sure its made of plastic, but it changed my simming immensly.The kicker is I have been using it for the last 5 years.... and still going strong. Try and tell me i didnt get my monies worth!!!!It is starting to show its age i wont lie, a couple red buttons on the yoke stopped working, but that just happened recently, so even so at 5 years without an issue.Just recently decided to buy a set of pedals, figured i never needed them, i found a used pair on avsim the ch brand for quite cheapp, 50$ i beleive. (thanks again, you know who you are!!) i dont think i can fly wothout them now that i have some, the first couple times i didnt think id get used to having pedals in my sim, but niw cant go without. Again, dont really see any crappiness in both the ch yoke and pedals for what i paid. And when im in need of new yoke and pedals, I will definetly opt for the "cheaper" ones again.Post yourself an ad in the classified section here on avsim wanting a yooe or pedals, you never know, Ive had a few positive dealings with other users using the classified section here.P.S i also run the saitek throttle quad for the last 3 years, thinking of buying a second one to pair up with my original, and very happy with it.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

i forgot to post the links to the mods for the yoke. One of them is in the signature of the modifications creator earlier in this topic and the other one is this one that fixes the horrible sticky elevatorhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/351529-finally-a-fix-for-the-saitek-pro-flight-yoke-pitch-axis

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Great, so you gotta mod the product for it to work good. Nice approach.I had two Pro Flight yokes, and both had a very sticky elevator. Even after really heavy modding I wasn't able to get it working alright.I'm keen to order Cessna Yoke to try it out - EDIT: I just saw some videos on youtube concerning Cessna yoke, and the movement seems WAY smoother than what I owned with Pro Flight Yoke in the past.Man, when I see this video, of this KID owning all that stuff, I get sick, check this out LOL:

He must have one very understanding and wealthy parents!

Dave Taylor gb.png