Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Yoke for flying the NGX

Guys I just tried cleaning my Saitek throttle and I now have no more spikes going on, it just brought them back to life again! I'm so happy!For anyone wanting to try this I used alcool and qtips to clean the potentiometers and some grease for the levers. Thank you Zach for getting me started...:-)

Yup, the 'Logitech Extreme 3D Pro' is great.Its all down to personal preference I guess. I prefer the Logitech - used it for ages and I do great landings with it. Precision wise I'm very happy with it. I like it specifically for its 'hard spring' feel.Its also very durable and at a great price.
That's what I like about it to, the hard springs, it gives you more feel therefore better precision. Edited by smokeyupahead

In respons to post number 3, to recommand plastic products or flying a boeing with a joystick is ridiculous and unrealistic, plastic products = plastic performances, amateurism! You're missing the point!Here are good products: http://flypfc.com/?/products/yokes/Nile Daniel
Hi Nile,Tell me, is there an hat button in order to be able to look all around like on my CH yoke?

Real Deraps

In respons to post number 3, to recommand plastic products or flying a boeing with a joystick is ridiculous and unrealistic, plastic products = plastic performances, amateurism! You're missing the point!Here are good products: http://flypfc.com/?/products/yokes/Nile Daniel
Unrealistic? Amateurish? After all, we're talking about some armchair piloting in front of a PC monitor. The prices of the products you are linking to are way over the top; not for the quality which I don't doubt is outstanding, but for the purpose of driving a PC flight simulator.Minimum $600 for a decent yoke? That buys me around three hours of real-world flying at the controls of a real aircraft here in Europe; time I can actually log.Professionalism also means balancing cost and benefit.

Dave P. Woycek

Unrealistic? Amateurish? After all, we're talking about some armchair piloting in front of a PC monitor. The prices of the products you are linking to are way over the top; not for the quality which I don't doubt is outstanding, but for the purpose of driving a PC flight simulator.Minimum $600 for a decent yoke? That buys me around three hours of real-world flying at the controls of a real aircraft here in Europe; time I can actually log.Professionalism also means balancing cost and benefit.
Well said, Dave!I would love to have that $600 yoke but it stands in relation to the rest. It is nice for cockpit builders but not for the "normal" FS flyers.And please guys, calm down a bit, you don´t want to have this thread locked. :(

Tried to buy the X52 this weekend but the shop was out of stock. I may have to buy on-line. I really like the idea of yoke and pedals but it would be difficult for practical reasons, not to mention the cost. Eventually I'll go that way but I think the X52 will see me right for a few years. My current stick is completely useless.
As far as X-52 is conserned,I have it for 3 and a half years now and here are some thoughts:1)The paint marking the switches is rubish,it will wear off in 2-3 months.2)Idle/afterburner detent is rubish,I ended up opening the thing and removing it completely.3)elevator and aileron axes are excellent,but rudder pot is rubish.I had to open the pot itself twice and clean it with alcohol,and every few days I have to hit the stick reasonably hard to loosen up some of the dirt in the rudder pot and get the rudder working again.4)The "precision slider" is anything but precise,it is completely useles,but rotaries are quite good.5)the saitek software that comes with it is excellent,it alows you to program almost everything.6)amazingly,the vacuum clamps that hold the thing to the table are still working after all this time.Overall,If you have a toolbox nearbuy and the patience to thinker with it,it is a nice stick,it serves you well for the price.I would reccomend getting some rudder pedals with it though.

How about the VRInsight yoke? $280 for a full metal yoke; only issue is it doesn't have any buttons. :(I have the VRinsight M panel and its working great over here. Good investment.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I am very happy with the Saitek yoke and rudder pedals, I've had them for 2 years and the only problem that i've experienced with any of them is the throttle spiking.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How about the VRInsight yoke? $280 for a full metal yoke; only issue is it doesn't have any buttons. :sad:I have the VRinsight M panel and its working great over here. Good investment.
The yoke seems very solid and I seen some pics of the inside of the yoke, but still without buttons is a big no-go. They should just put some buttons there and a hat switch. Voila. And if the price is comparable to current price, you got a very good alternative to the much-uber-expensive PFC.

The yoke seems very solid and I seen some pics of the inside of the yoke, but still without buttons is a big no-go. They should just put some buttons there and a hat switch. Voila. And if the price is comparable to current price, you got a very good alternative to the much-uber-expensive PFC.
I've asked them to add buttons and this is their response. Perhaps more of you can write in so we can get a ~300 metal yoke with buttons.Dear Sir.Thank you for your interest in a VRinsight product.There are some customers asking same questions. When we designed the yoke,we considered it. However we didn't adopt it since it could raise theproduct price a lot.Anyway, thank you for your suggestion and we always keep trying to hearcustomer voice in order to improve the product quality.Thanks & Warmest regards!Mr. Steve Choi / Sales & Marketing manager

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Well, I for one, quite understand that the price tag couldn't be held and would probably reach the PFC price or at least nearly so much, that in the end you could also buy PFC.But: I see the VRI yoke has the flat parts on the top of the yoke, where the buttons would possibly go. Other parts are possibly doable.How complicated would be a DIY making of buttons. And my 2nd question would be, which buttons, where would buy them... and in the end, how to mount them.I am pretty much DIY guy, but never done something like that.

Well, I for one, quite understand that the price tag couldn't be held and would probably reach the PFC price or at least nearly so much, that in the end you could also buy PFC.But: I see the VRI yoke has the flat parts on the top of the yoke, where the buttons would possibly go. Other parts are possibly doable.How complicated would be a DIY making of buttons. And my 2nd question would be, which buttons, where would buy them... and in the end, how to mount them.I am pretty much DIY guy, but never done something like that.
Rip apart the old Saitek yoke. I imagine you could even use the control panel board in the yoke. Personally I would just splurge and buy the PFC yoke. The catch is PFC doesn't offer HAT switches so I'd be forced to use TrackIR in my heavy iron.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I don't need the HAT switch that much - I mostly use the mouse and EZCA. Have all the views configured there, and a button which when I press once, I get the mouse-view. Pretty convenient. I only use HAT switch in some special situations.

I don't need the HAT switch that much - I mostly use the mouse and EZCA. Have all the views configured there, and a button which when I press once, I get the mouse-view. Pretty convenient. I only use HAT switch in some special situations.
I see. Unfortunately I'm not in the same boat. Mouse panning is clunky to me, and a HAT is a must as TrackIR is shelved when flying iron. Trim and HAT switches are a must IMO.Which leads me to the question; Are there high end products that offer a HAT switch? Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Which leads me to the question; Are there high end products that offer a HAT switch?
I haven't seen any. Usually only trim switches and buttons.