Sign in to follow this  
eSimmer

Wake me up when "you" have something new to report frm MS

Maybe Flight will meet harcore simmers' target ? Maybe there will be the word "harcore" on the tokens ? :(

jahmanAre you saying that 1 year ago you was expecting your FSX 3PD addons would work with MS Flight?wow my typos fixed

Edited by garsands

Proof: Had I known FSX would be the last of the simulators by MS, I certainly would have made a smaller investment in add-ons and hardware. Likely others feel the same way too.
That's silly. So with each add-on you bought you only bought it with the assumption that a non-existant future product would work with what you were buying. Wasn't there some time after 2006, maybe in 2008 or 9 you had an idea that FSXI wasn't coming? I suppose you officially stopped buying add-ons in January 2009 when Aces was closed? I mean, Aces closing was, in other words, MS saying that there would be no FSXI. Would I be able to find posts from you shortly after that announcement lamenting about your investment?Six years after it's release. Three years after MS said, through it's actions, "no more Flight Sim". Seven months after Flight was announced and we were informed, with no uncertainty, that Flight would not work with FSX compatible add-ons and you are now upset that your add-ons won't work with the next generation of the franchise? How long ago do you think MS should have told you that the add-ons you were buying weren't going to work on the next version? How many years into the future and how many generations of FS were supposed to support the add-ons you bought five years ago?
MS has been feeding the sim community ever better versions of MS Flight Simulator for some 20 years now, so we're upset when after FSX we're told "that's all, folks!" because we expected the franchise to continue.
I don't think my Mallard scenery is going to work with FSX. Heck, I think I bought it for FS4 and it didn't work in the very next version of FS. So, FS has never been a backward compatible product for 20 years. It's been sporadically compatible with some stuff between releases, but very little, if any between a trio of releases. In essence, we've never had more than 4-6 years of add-on compatibility which means you are actually ahead with FSX. . .

You are in for a huge surprise so !!As are the majority of folks in this forum.I wish I could say more but NDA's are NDA's.Fred.You got that right !
NDA lolMS sent out beta to "who knows who" -- unless some got a GAME beta, and some got a Simulator Beta, by now, somone would have let the cat out of the bag, that Flight is more than just a game.If Flight is really more, and it being perceived as just a game is causing so much unrest, why would MS not set the record staight--- unless they get a sadistic pleasure out of upsetting so many FS enthusiasts.If you know more that others in this forum, but cannot say anything dues to a NDA, your motive for flaunting it can only be to show off,

I said what I did to put people's minds at rest............not to show off.I was in no way interested in Flight but all that has totally changed now.I don't know why MS has been so secretive about it but they must have their reasons.Fred.

I said what I did to put people's minds at rest............not to show off.
Hm... Just curious who are you to be let in the know? I'm guessing just a beta tester or something more?

Hm... Just curious who are you to be let in the know? I'm guessing just a beta tester or something more?
I smell another MS plot. Big%20Grin.gifEveryone who has been posting negative comments about Flight have been given a fake beta to keep them quiet under the NDA.Mine should show up any day now. :(

I wish I could say more but NDA's are NDA's.
To coin a phrase statements like that aren't worth the paper they'e not written on.

Let's just say that my 30 years in aviation and 10 years in professional flight simulation has luckilyput me in close contact with the right people. I am well aware of the NDA notice at the top of this page so I have to be careful what I say.I can say this however ! I have read in a few places that the " Aces " team are no more. That is very far from the truth however.MS was not so stupid as to let all that talent and knowledge go. All the Top guys are still there and working very hard to bringthe latest and greatest of everything to us all........and WOW !! does it look good !!Fred.

Let's just say that my 30 years in aviation and 10 years in professional flight simulation has luckilyput me in close contact with the right people. I am well aware of the NDA notice at the top of this page so I have to be careful what I say.I can say this however ! I have read in a few places that the " Aces " team are no more. That is very far from the truth however.MS was not so stupid as to let all that talent and knowledge go. All the Top guys are still there and working very hard to bringthe latest and greatest of everything to us all........and WOW !! does it look good !!Fred.

"The team behind Microsoft Flight consists of roughly 50 people, including a mix of professional pilots, 40% of which worked on the previous team. Three years into development, Project Manager Joshua Howard invited a select few involved in the Flight Simulator community to visit the Microsoft campus in Redmond WA, to see the project thus far."

Wasn't the "previous team" Aces?

Flyaway got it wrong. Joshua stated that the present team was greatly slimmed down from the ACES team and was made up of about "40 people". He went on to say that he thought there was only one of the previous ACES team in the new one.
Hmmm

There are news on youtube every day... I respect that AVSIM doesn't allow discussion of the beta here. MS was after all kind enough to invite 'em to an exclusive preview of the beta.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The three quotes above were meant to show that no one seems to be sure about how many people are working on Flight and how many are former ACES employees. Perhaps checking the Credits of Flight and FSX would shed some light on this - when Flight becomes public, of course.

At least 11 of the former aces team are working on Flight !Fred.

Edited by RYR738

At least 11 of the former aces team are working on Flight !Fred.
Could they be credited because of legacy work from FSX?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.