Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buzzbee

2012 Practice Thread #3

Practice Thread #3KOAK KMERKMER KBDGKBDG KAMAKAMA KGGGKGGG KBROMMTO MGGTMGGT MROCMROC SKMDSEQU SBCZSBCZ SLLPSLLP SASJSASJ SAMESAME SAZSSAZS SCASSCAS SCOHSCOH SAWHSAWH SAVTSAVT SABESABE SBPASBPA SBRJSBRJ SBSVSBSV SBNTSBNT FHAW

To all who shall see this post, greetings:Please note that race legs above (post #1) needed some slight editing... e.g. I could not find KMPG therefore I substituted KAMA.For specific changes to the Practice Route, see the Race Channel.Thanks,Rob(the jarhead with a little "j")Edit: aHa! KMPG is 74D in FSX (Marshall County Airport in Moundsville, W. Virginia) but don't think the intent was to go there.

I have the baton KBDG - KAMA in the Tigercat.Edit: I was just interested in seeing what happens to the posted time if you edit your post, original time 9:44PM CET

I have the baton KAMA - KGGG in the F7F-3Here goes...

Baton is free at KGGGWent well but I didn't get close to Bryans time in the Mustang. Was it my flying or is the F7F that much slower?

Excellent Practice Session Gentlemen.REMINDER to Pilots & Wingman, You need to post your Duenna Log File in addition to the Duenna jpg.

Very nice!It's not your flying, the P-51H is just so much faster.
Figured so. Tried it again a little higher but it didn't make much difference. Guess I'll have to get the Mustang then. :)

Congratulations LowFlyer , A very nice flight . :) The Mustang is Nice :)

Wasn't much of an achievement really but at least everything seems to work. :)About the Mustang... There are currently two versions available for the same price at A2A. The one Eamonn linked to in the other thread which seems to be for FS9 only, and a WoP2 one which is for both FS9 and FSX but doesn't seem to have the H version. Is it a big deal to lose the H version given it's expected limited use in the race?

The P51-H is one of the fastest race planes available. It is significantly quicker than the D. However, there is a freeware competitor to the P51-H and that is the Do-335. It is just as fast but does not have quite the same range. You might want to save some money and try this plane out. I don't have a download link handy but I think it is on simviation.

About the Mustang... There are currently two versions available for the same price at A2A. The one Eamonn linked to in the other thread which seems to be for FS9 only, and a WoP2 one which is for both FS9 and FSX but doesn't seem to have the H version. Is it a big deal to lose the H version given it's expected limited use in the race?
Go for the one in Eamonns link . It runs perfectly in FSX :) And has both D and H versions . Welcome to the team .

Tought choice. I want the best possible model, which should be the WoP2, and for anything but the race I couldn't care less about the H version. Still don't wanna let the team down by showing up in an underpowered plane. Also, there's an accusim upgrade in the works. Does anyone know if that's for the WoP2 or if there's a WoP3 on the way as well?Oh and sorry for bugging you all about this :(

The accusim update will be for a completely new WoP3 version of the P-51D. Don't worry about not having the H, not all of us have it (like me), and since we can't fly it all the time anyway it doesn't really matter.The P-51D, F7F, P-38L and Epic LT have about the same speed, though they have different optimal cruise altitudes. The WoP2 P-51D is a nice plane, but of course the new one with accusim will be even nicer, but maybe not as fast, with the engine blowing up and all ;)The Avanti is a bit faster, and can (must?) cruise way higher than the others.Edit: edited to have the sentences say what I was thinking.

Oh and sorry for bugging you all about this
Can't be bugging "us" if you're talking about aircraft. :wink:The FS9 D/H model I bought specifically for the race years ago. It holds a specially place with me because of so many great flights with it my first race. Not everything works (some inconsequential switches) and you can see a bit of land around each screw in the VC panel... but that is something that I really pay no mind to. I "love" its looks, sounds, handling characteristics.... just a fabulous plane. Only "problem" with it is you can use WEP continously, and for that reason it might not be allowed this year (tho that has been talked about for some years now).I also have the FSX P-51D Snooks... great plane and glad I have it.All that said... I reckon if I wanted just one P-51, I'd wait for the Accusim "D"... if I didn't care about spending $20 / $40, I'd buy one or both.