Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Megascenery Hawaii - better than flight?

No Hawaii, but the same spirit ;)Sorry, couldn't resist :)Cheers, Andreas
A classic FSX video Andreas! Cheers!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Excellent! Nice to see some humour round here. ;)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Love it! Absolutely love it! :Applause:Kind regards,

Soooooo funny. Thanks! -- Dana

I disagree.
I disagree with your disagreement......but at least I'm not disagreeable! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jahman
No Hawaii, but the same spirit ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist :)Cheers, Andreas
A reminder of how good FSX can look...Cheers,- jahman.

I think you just violated the NDA :Thinking:Personally I like FSX with Megascenery better at higher altitude, but Flight Better low and slow. The airports in Flight are not impressive, but then again there really not supposed to be.Rob

Looks like that Italian captian Francesco Schettino got himself a new job! That was quick!
You are very, very good sir

It would appear from the "Flight" photos that it's almost impossible to fly straight and level!!!!As for the "Flight" scenery colourless and monotonous compared to the other!vololiberista

Hm, somehow those beta pictures don't impress me too much: I mainly miss the LIGHT in them. The sun ain't really shining as I hoped it would. And it seems as if there is still autogen popping up? I mean, you can see in the distance there isn't much autogen and it really sticks out. I wonder what settings were used.

FLIGHT scenery, as can be seen in the official screenshots as well, looks better than FSX. The improvements are on par with FSX improvements over FS2004. However, as many others have pointed out, there is something missing.The colours are kind of drab, lacks punch and bloom in areas. It has a "graphical look" instead of a photoreal look, which at least I prefer. It becomes very obvious when you compare the scenery with the water and sky which looks more real to life than the land in between. This is a minor nit overall though.What really concerns me is the blurry ground textures. Looks like the entire ground is liquified. And still, no micromesh and vegetation on the ground like Outerra for instance.

Edited by simmerhead

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The need to fix the lighting something serious. Looks so washed out, last time I checked the sun wasn't a difuse light source.

2009-11-5_16-52-14-630.jpgLooks like that Italian captian Francesco Schettino got himself a new job! That was quick!
-------------------------------------------Lawd...that was FUNNY! Sad...but funny all the less.....

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.