Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

What To Choose

Hi guys, I have just had some really good news about a nice fat tax rebate ... Now i really want to upgrade to some nice joystick software. I currently have the Saitek X52 and i have being toying with the Thrustmaster or the Logitech G940 which has force feedback and pedals etc.. Please help me decide. I hope you guys don't mind me posting this it's just sometimes best to get feedback from forums where im sure some of you have the actuall products this is for use with my NGX of courseKind Regards Ste..

Edited by Steve Inwood

Well if you're dead set on a stick, I'd suggest the warthog & a nice set of pedals.

Just a question Steve: Why a stick and not a yoke?Regards,
Perfectly honest i'm not sure if i would be able to get on with a Yoke, Don't get me wrong they are the best of course but im so set in my ways and with some habits i have im alittle concerned that i may not get on with it.. I coud also just be being silly :)

Perfectly honest i'm not sure if i would be able to get on with a Yoke, Don't get me wrong they are the best of course but im so set in my ways and with some habits i have im alittle concerned that i may not get on with it.. I coud also just be being silly :)
I graduated (matter of opinion) from the X52 to a yoke about a year ago and couldn't go back now.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I graduated (matter of opinion) from the X52 to a yoke about a year ago and couldn't go back now.
Ah right then well i need to keep my options open me thinks than you guys. The reason i have asked is because i don't want to spend alot of dollar if its the wrong choice .

I'm kinda jealous. I have been looking for a good excuse to replace my X52 with the TM Warthog. Unfortunately, my X52 is still ticking and running really well.I have not read a single review or post from anyone that can say anything negative about the Warthog. If I was in your shoes and your ok with simming tubes with a stick, then go for the Warthog.Just my oppinion.JB

I'm kinda jealous. I have been looking for a good excuse to replace my X52 with the TM Warthog. Unfortunately, my X52 is still ticking and running really well.I have not read a single review or post from anyone that can say anything negative about the Warthog. If I was in your shoes and your ok with simming tubes with a stick, then go for the Warthog.Just my oppinion.JB
Thanks m8 i love the look of the Wartog. i just had this impression it was more on the jet fighter style than the airliner

Thanks m8 i love the look of the Wartog. i just had this impression it was more on the jet fighter style than the airliner
It definitely is! But man does it look and sound cool. What are you looking to spend, Steve?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

By all means it is specifically for simming a fighter, but you sure have alot of mappable stuff on the controller you could assign to the NGX.The biggest plus factor going for the hog, is the fact that it's using some really good quality HAL sensors. They are suposed to be glitch free, with the control resolution limited only to the software interpolation from the Sim or FSUIPC. I think this means having really precise control for the life of the hardware.JB

Hey Steve ,After about 9 months of questioning whether or not to get a TM Warthog I finally bit the bullet and bought one Saturday off Amazon. It's arriving tomorrow. I have a Saitek yoke but it takes up too much deskspace and always have to move it when other people want to use my PC. I also want to get right back into DCS A10.I'll let you know how I find it with the NGX.

Gavin Price

Hey Steve ,After about 9 months of questioning whether or not to get a TM Warthog I finally bit the bullet and bought one Saturday off Amazon. It's arriving tomorrow. I have a Saitek yoke but it takes up too much deskspace and always have to move it when other people want to use my PC. I also want to get right back into DCS A10.I'll let you know how I find it with the NGX.
Yeah please do as i have a few days while my cheque clears in the bank before i make my purchase Edited by Steve Inwood

Steve,Go for the "HOG"! You can fly a 737 with a stick - but you can't fly an A10 with a yoke.Remember though that you will need a set of pedals to go with the "HOG".-RegardsCarl MichaelSticking to the head line "what to choose", I here by dare to clutter to topic by asking the following:Not being quite erady to fly on line, I would like to hear recommendations for the best add on ATC?????RegardsCarl Michael

Edited by CMIBM

You can fly a 737 with a stick - but you can't fly an A10 with a yoke.Carl Michael
Pardon my ignorance, but why not?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg