Sign in to follow this  
Christopher A. Barbas

Available From 29th Feb

Way I see it is it is a fancy version of PilotWings that I still have on my Nintendo 64.Look at it like that, not a serious simming platform, and it looks pretty good to pass an hour every now and again,

I'm sorry to say this like everyone else is; but really are they joking? $26.40 AUD for the other half of Hawaii? Are you absolutely sh*tting me?What about Australia, or maybe even Europe or mainland America?

Edited by DamianSharpe

but really are they joking? $26.40 AUD for the other half of Hawaii? Are you absolutely sh*tting me?
well, you can also spend $4 AUD more for Orbx's canberra airport.

I'm sure we can expect more & more fun with Flight addons. Coming next fantasy scenaries; what a wonderfull experience to fly throughout middle earth waving Frodo fishing on the river, landing on a magic cloud to smoke a pipe with Gandalf. Obviously no atc, a choir of angels guide you towards your destination. I can't wait for it ...

Igor Bischi

Guest dreckman

Has anyone here used the released product? Do you work for MSFT and have inside knowledge of Flight?Have you seen the project plan for Flight? I don't believe MSFT ever claimed Flight was going to replace FSX?The free to play with paid DLC model is out there, many products already use it.Also reports have surfaced (not sure how true) that MSFT is doing away with points in the near future and going to a cash model.MSFT is allowed to develop software as they see fit, with or with out an SDK and third-party involvement.The sense of entitlement by some members of the flightsim community is astounding.Why the need to compare Flight to FSX? When it's released try it, it's free. Don't like it, uninstall it.Post a review based on a released product not heresay and conjecture.I will try Flight, if I like it I may purchase some DLC for it. Flight may pan out to be something more then it seems at this point.FSX with all my addons isn't going anywhere. There is room for both. My copy of AEROFLY FS is also on the way.I would love to see a full scale sim to replace FSX. If MSFT does not do it I hope some company comes along that will.But it is a niche market. If Flight is successful financially...who knows.Happy Flying!-ecg

Edited by dreckman

Some of you really need to take your blinders off.Apparently you missed the ILS Approach part and the accurate physics of the aircraft.
Hello Arwen.ILS approach but no ATC, and no chance of any third party ATC addons or Vatsim, very sad
The way the mouse is incorporated is quite clever actually.The mouse wheel for throttles and it feels as good if not better than most joysticks.Fred.
Hello FredStop it now, you are really cracking me up.

Some people have apparently just decided to be negative
Hel
Couldn't agree more! Currently having a great time exploring Orbx's fantastic New Zealand south island scenery in the G1000 equipped F1 T182T and flying the challenging approaches into Queenstown with the PMDG 737NGX. If Flight ever morphs into something that tops this then I would look at it again but the signs are not hopeful. While the experience of flight is important to me how to correctly operate an aircraft is more important and this is what the high end addons for FSX do so well. I can't see that addons of this type and the many niche scenery addons for out of the way places will ever be part of Flight. One thing I am looking forward to after the release of Flight is a full accounting by those beta testers whose opinions I respect as to what they do like about flight because some, apparently, do find it appealing.BruceBruce
HelloNo, people have seen what is included and will be available to buy (a mustang with no cockpit) and quite rightly they are disappointed.This is not a serious simulator at the moment and time will tell, but I very much doubt it will ever be of interest to most of Avsims membership.Still, I hope to be proved wrong.

Hello Arwen.ILS approach but no ATC, and no chance of any third party ATC addons or Vatsim, very sad
In my opinion, Flight does some things VERY well (much better than FSX or X-Plane), but really falls short in other areas (right now).But how can you be so sure there won't be any ATC in Flight ... or any third party addons?X-Plane 10's ATC was horrible in the demo, so bad that I didn't use it. ATC doesn't add anything to a flightsim, unless it is done right, And good things take time. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

ATC doesn't add anything to a flightsim
Hello ArwenMy opinion is formed in exactly the same way as yours, from using the Beta and reading the Beta Forum.I have seen nothing yet from both sources that indicate any intention from MS to include many of the features needed in a true simulator.In fact this has been a very strange Beta process in many ways with very little interaction and feedback from the developers.The fact that they publicly announced the official end date of the Beta before letting the testers know on the official forum tells me all I need to know about their attitude towards those who enlisted for this very short Beta process.

Hello ArwenMy opinion is formed in exactly the same way as yours, from using the Beta and reading the Beta Forum.I have seen nothing yet from both sources that indicate any intention from MS to include many of the features needed in a true simulator.In fact this has been a very strange Beta process in many ways with very little interaction and feedback from the developers.The fact that they publicly announced the official end date of the Beta before letting the testers know on the official forum tells me all I need to know about their attitude towards those who enlisted for this very short Beta process.
I understand that. And you know exactly how I feel (if you read any of my recent posts there).But we haven't exactly been "testing" the latest version either, so there's still a LOT that we don't know (happens when you're kept mostly in the dark).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Nice cant wait to fly it and see what dlc they have ready for us!

Kimo

But we haven't exactly been "testing" the latest version either, so there's still a LOT that we don't know (happens when you're kept mostly in the dark).
Hello Arwen.Good points, but I feel that we have been testing the infrastructure behind Flight! more than testing the code.For Flight! to be of interest to most here there would need to be a much more advanced version in house that we have not seen.What we have seen so far is a basic flying game, discounting the arcade elements pretty much all you can do is take off, fly around for a while and land.Where is the Flight Planning, Realtime weather, ATC, Ai, any signs of life around the islands.If any of those where coming as DLC in the initial window of interest that Flight! may generate at release, they would need to be close to being ready now, So you would think they would have shown up in the Beta in some form.There is probably enough to keep someone amused for a few weeks but after that initial period, if folks cannot escape from Hawaii then the interest will be lost.Lets just hope that there is more to come after it is released.

I want more of a dynamic economy, like second life. You could work in-game for Flight-oleons, which can then be used to pay for flying time!People with money could buy the airports (like they buy islands in second life), and you could work for them - loading baggage, driving the catering truck.Maybe the more attractive avsimmers could get work pushing a trolley down the aisles (not sure if that strange car/plane thing has an aisle, whatevs).Imagine: 'if i can just clean 3 more planes I can pay for my second hour of flying the flight school's barely airworthy C152. Hurrah!'Microsoft/Steve, I know you read these forums. This idea is gold - call me.
Yeah, definitely EA and Microsoft should start common project and merge The sims and MS Flight.

February 6, 2012 – Microsoft Flight Launches February 29, 2012...Our executive producer, Joshua Howard, had this to say: “There was an overwhelming demand for access to the ‘Microsoft Flight’ beta and the number of requests was far more than what we initially planned for. We received amazing feedback from the beta participants and it’s great to see this level of excitement from fans as we move toward the release ofMicrosoft Flight.”We hope you’ll come fly with us on February 29th!— The Microsoft Flight Team
AMAZING feedback -- and 5 weeks after Beta release, product is being released.This must be a RECORD.In such a short time either(1) Product was already near perfect and needed no changes or(2) Beta input was was ignoredor more likelyBeta Input was worthless, apart from praise from a bunch of FLIGHT Fan Boys.ONE GOOD THINGAfter Feb 29, all will be revealed, and then everyone will know for sure what "MS FLIGHT" really is, and all the stupid speculation can stop in this forum. (That will be the day)

After Feb 29, all will be revealed, and then everyone will know for sure what "MS FLIGHT" really is, and all the stupid speculation can stop in this forum. (That will be the day)
Not to be argumentative, but the revelation of the Flight product will begin on Feb 29th and continue throughout the years. Feb 29th is just the beginning. . .

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.