Sign in to follow this  
Christopher A. Barbas

Available From 29th Feb

Not to be argumentative, but the revelation of the Flight product will begin on Feb 29th and continue throughout the years. Feb 29th is just the beginning. . .
You can make that same "arguement" about the Transistor, Radio, TV, the Computer and Cell Phones.Where will flight be in 5 years -- ? Lets check back in here on Feb 29th, 2017 :(

Not to be argumentative, but the revelation of the Flight product will begin on Feb 29th and continue throughout the years. Feb 29th is just the beginning. . .
I agree but I would like to see a strategy from MS. I know I repeat myself in various posts now but I will neither buy the Live credits worth 75 USD nor buy e.g. a Munich DLC unless MS shows what they plan; otherwise I am left with Hawaii, Munich and nothing in between if MS decides not to provide other content like EHAM, EGLL or whatsoever. I will not buy the cat in the bag, sitting on 10,000 credits and then MS either decides to cancel flight or just provide aircraft without cockpits. If they want to attract me right from the beginning they need to let the cat out of the bag soon after final release. Otherwise I will surely buy the Hawaii DLC and have some fun flying for some time in nice landscape and visit the places of my 2009 vacation on Maui but nothing else. So again, if they want me to sponsor their little start up they need to show me the business case. Without that now money - unless they come up with new content and a strategy.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

AMAZING feedback -- and 5 weeks after Beta release, product is being released.This must be a RECORD.In such a short time either(1) Product was already near perfect and needed no changes or(2) Beta input was was ignoredor more likelyBeta Input was worthless, apart from praise from a bunch of FLIGHT Fan Boys.ONE GOOD THINGAfter Feb 29, all will be revealed, and then everyone will know for sure what "MS FLIGHT" really is, and all the stupid speculation can stop in this forum. (That will be the day)
Hint: Pick a number between 1 and 3.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

My two cents:I've seen the Beta... I will passI've read the reviews... I will passAll this time I have been hoping that the former ACES programmers over at Cascade Game Foundry would announce something to make us smile, but I haven't heard anything from those folks.

Yeah, definitely EA and Microsoft should start common project and merge The sims and MS Flight.
Don't forget adding social networking from the cockpit! Tweet, Mayday, tweet.And advertising! Earn points by successfully navigating through all the McDonald arches between Honolulu and Dillingham airfield. Win points or free fries.Hopefully, there will be no pop-ups (if not, make them semi-transparent, to simulate low visibility). :(

Tweet, Mayday, tweet
LOL

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi all,I cant imagine your waiting for my 2-cents, but here they are.I started flight simming with 95, and consider myself an avarge (on the low side) flight simmer.Once in a while I start FSX up, board a 172 and fly around my own country (the Netherlands) or start from somewhere in the Alps and fly around for an hour)What I (personaly) expect is something I can relate to. So no 747 or space shuttle but a 172 or Cub and no Hawai or Vladiwostok because I have no interest in those planes or parts of the word.I'm not the kind of flight simmer that wants to make an hyper realistict flight from Amsterdam to New York.So what my point? MS can give me Hawai, Vadiwostok or whatever the feel I need, they can give me a flying car because they made some deal with the factory. I'm NOT interested. I will download it ofcourse, I'm not gonna spend the rest of the year checking if I can download the parts I want.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

I still do not know if the retail version will have ILS or not. I am sure it won't have an ATC instead.I am quite disappointed that the most important aspects have been denied to betatesters anyway one way or another the baby has born and only time will say if it will die soon or live fine for a while.I really can't predict now because MS can sink it or let it grow, it all depends on MS......

Edited by Mark II

I still do not know if the retail version will have ILS or not.
If you watched -and paid attention- to the latest video clip released, you'd have your answer to the question of navaids, ILS, etc.Yes!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I see two types of posts in these Flight forums: Long time simmers who are disheartened by this new game, and the other side....people doing P.R. for it.Before you call me jaded or tell me to take my blinders off, please understand that we waited for years for this release and are extremely disappointed in the course our hobby has taken. Take that into consideration before attaching labels to us and telling us to get over it.

Chris Hicks

'people doing P.R.' isn't attaching labels? Are you suggesting those people aren't long time simmers, therefore have no opinion? The hobby hasn't changed course. One company has. It is in fact a company that people had written off from the hobby altogether when ACES went. So it's not like anything more has been lost. Kick them for the marketing if you like. Can't say I blame you. But suggesting that Microsoft has that much influence on 'the hobby' gives them more credit than they perhaps deserve. The hobby is made up of the dozens of (clearly passionate) people that frequent places like this, and the hundreds and hundreds that don't.Mike D

Don't forget adding social networking from the cockpit! Tweet, Mayday, tweet.And advertising! Earn points by successfully navigating through all the McDonald arches between Honolulu and Dillingham airfield. Win points or free fries.Hopefully, there will be no pop-ups (if not, make them semi-transparent, to simulate low visibility).
Oh, man. Soooo funny. Thanks for the laugh. -- Dana

If you watched -and paid attention- to the latest video clip released, you'd have your answer to the question of navaids, ILS, etc.Yes!
Thnx n4gix. I also therefore assume the A/P is present and working correct ?Then I also know you are over there, in the beta forum. What's is your idea about buying the first DLC ? Personally I would wait few reviews from forumers and then I'll decide.The price is quite high IMO above all thinking about future larger earth portions.

The price is quite high IMO above all thinking about future larger earth portions.
Well if you read n4gix's comment about DLC, you will see that you are only playing $5 for the scenery + missions and $15 for the Van.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.