Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

Future Scenery Edition and Aircraft Requests

I know many will want to focus on Hawaii right now, but here is a good question in case there are some folks that want to look ahead to what may be available beyond Hawaii. Perhaps Microsoft may read your comments.Based on what we know about Flight, what future scenery editions and/or supporting aircraft would you like to see Microsoft or a third party developer(s) produce this year?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Based on what we know about Flight, what future scenery editions and/or supporting aircraft would you like to see Microsoft or a third party developer(s) produce this year?
Well since ORBX is gone.... The future seems bleak for large regions......Without large regions, we have no airports to model for. (FlyTampa, Imaginesim, Aerosoft, ETC)

It's probably a brave day to be starting this thread because most will be complaining about what they can't have... West coast US, looping around into the north of Japan - big airports, grass strips, mountains, fjords. A 'vintage' turbo-prop. A big old radial airliner. A basic trainer and something to learn M/E and IFR on. That's what I think they should do, not necessarily what I'd want.Mike D

The same programmer, Adam Szofran (of FSX fame) is the lead scenery/terrain dev in Flight.I have looked at lots of areas in top down view and compared them to Google Earth.They are almost identical.If they have done that with the rest of the planet then they really are on a winner.Fred.

I know many will want to focus on Hawaii right now, but here is a good question in case there are some folks that want to look ahead to what may be available beyond Hawaii.Perhaps Microsoft may read your comments.Based on what we know about Flight, what future scenery editions and/or supporting aircraft would you like to see Microsoft or a third party developer(s) produce this year?
The power of positive thinking - good for you!I would like to see some sort of earlier twin (radials preferably!), another classic like the Cub, and a simple helicopter. Scenery? Europe, Alaska, Central/South America...I would also like to see - if not somewhat reduced pricing - some "package deals"Good topic - thanks!

I want the PNW with a good selection of bush and amphib aircraft! Thats all I fly in FSX anyways.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Hmm..lets not ask for small areas.. North America
You can. 50 states at a time :)edit: 491/2 Edited by Barnstormer1

Hmm..lets not ask for small areas.. North America
In detail...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would guess mainland america is next. Either pnw or a part of california would make sense.From what we know, flight is photoscenery with hand-placed objects, is that correct? If so, it's what orbx do for their airport/town releases.What we haven't seen yet is a landclass-based solution, like fsx and orbx regions, if the fsx lead dev is driving the scenery obviously they know how to do this if they choose.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I would guess mainland america is next. Either pnw or a part of california would make sense.
Why not the whole country?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

They couldn't cover all of the us in the detail shown in Hawaii. As a design choice they seem to be going for small area/high detail/GA friendly. If I was betting I'd guess california next as there seems to be both varied terrain and good source data. And i doubt you'd be getting a whole state.Just an impression though, there's no reason they couldn't use fsx-style mesh+landclass+autogen to cover the whole US, and release it as a (very large) download.In fact, until they do cover the whole CONUS area Flight will definitely be my 2nd (or 3rd) line flightsim.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'd love to see a low res, low quality world coverage DLC in one package, even if it is just FSX retrofitted into Flight.

I would guess mainland america is next. Either pnw or a part of california would make sense.From what we know, flight is photoscenery with hand-placed objects, is that correct? If so, it's what orbx do for their airport/town releases.What we haven't seen yet is a landclass-based solution, like fsx and orbx regions, if the fsx lead dev is driving the scenery obviously they know how to do this if they choose.
HelloFlight is Landclass based, not photoscenery.

I was not sure from the comments - ryr said it looked the same as google earth, I think. But others said they saw repeating tiles. I'm not a beta tester, so I'm just gathering the publically available data. Is it all tile based? Or landclass tiles with areas of photoreal? Or neither?

Oz

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.