Sign in to follow this  
SwedForce

Change the NGX "clock-time"

Hi everyone! :)I just have a quick question about the NGX! How do you change the time for the clock? My clock is a small amount of minutes too soon and its on zulu time, I would like my normal time for Sweden (GMT+1h).Thanks for all support and answers!Regards/Emil Nilsson :(

Just click on the upper right button on the clock frame and you can set the clock to current local setting.

Hi everyone! :)I just have a quick question about the NGX! How do you change the time for the clock? My clock is a small amount of minutes too soon and its on zulu time, I would like my normal time for Sweden (GMT+1h).Thanks for all support and answers!Regards/Emil Nilsson :(
The clock corresponds directly to the FSX clock. FSX has a known bug that makes the clock slower than real time. Personally, I use a registered version of FSUIPC to keep time synched.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

UTC is the default time used in aviation, everything is based on that time, so I don't see why you would want to change it anyways, considering Sweden is just a simple +1h. blum.gifIf you want your time to be synced with your system time, you can use FSUIPC (there might be other software as well) to sync it with your system, so you always fly real time. The FCOMv2 describes the different clocks in the NG and how to use them.

I wouldn't use FSUIPC to keep time synched,or you will get constant FSX reloads.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I use a program called FS Real Time. It syncs your computer clock with the FS clock. Plus, you can offset the time if you wish. It's not free, but the website lets you name your own price.

Edited by RPRIEVER

What I do, is that say I'm flying in KJFK, but I'm actually in Houston, Central Time. I will press the "Reset" button on the Time & Date box then add 1 hour, and keep doing that then quickly press OK then Fly Now.When the NGX loads, I go back to the Time & Date, do a quick "Reset", then add 1 hour and quickly press OK. Now I'm about 0.5~1.0 seconds behind.

I use FS RealTime for years now.Free updates.Works with FS9.1 and FSX.Takes care of crossing time zones.And more!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I use a program called FS Real Time. It syncs your computer clock with the FS clock. Plus, you can offset the time if you wish. It's not free, but the website lets you name your own price.
What happens when i adjusts the clock. Is there any re-load like when I adjust time in the FSX menu. Just wonder if it works in the background not making any "noise", just silently fixing the time.Straight%20Face.gifIf it causes some reloads now and then it is nothing for me.

Per W Sweden

What happens when i adjusts the clock. Is there any re-load like when I adjust time in the FSX menu. Just wonder if it works in the background not making any "noise", just silently fixing the time.Straight%20Face.gifIf it causes some reloads now and then it is nothing for me.
You do not set or change the time in MSFS or PMDG.FS Real time ... read all about it here:http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/default.aspYou can enable or disable "auto updates" of time and control how often auto updates happen .. like every 5, 10 min etc.The program is priced right ... $10 US (or more, your choices).With free updates and free tech support !

Best Regards,

You do not set or change the time in MSFS or PMDG.FS Real time ... read all about it here:http://www.3dsoftwor...ime/default.aspYou can enable or disable "auto updates" of time and control how often auto updates happen .. like every 5, 10 min etc.The program is priced right ... $10 US (or more, your choices).With free updates and free tech support !
Yes I have read about it but I was asking if anything happend on the screen except that the clock is adjusted. Any visual things going on except the clock.

Per W Sweden

Same as when you change the time in MSFS .... as expected.

Best Regards,

Same as when you change the time in MSFS .... as expected.
OK ! $10 is nothing so I will buy it and give it a try, see how it works. I have seen strange things soemtimes on longer flights when it suddenly is night or day with FSX internal clock. When it should still have been night or day.I'll get back later. Planning a 3-4 hour flight across USA East to West, some timezones between.

Per W Sweden

The clock corresponds directly to the FSX clock. FSX has a known bug that makes the clock slower than real time. Personally, I use a registered version of FSUIPC to keep time synched.
Huh, I didn't know this. You learn something every day. So, do PMDG's products with FMS and ETA calculations run off the FSX clock or real clock? I'm thinking the former since they seem to be pretty accurate.