Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Anyone interested in a precision manual? You're gonna get one with SP1c!

I owned a Palm Pre phone for two years, so I know a little something about defective products, broken promises, and unfulfilled expectations. lol Even then, message boards filled with people's litany of complaints was tiresome. One, because there is plenty of information out there about the things we buy. If you refuse to do your research, purchase a product with negative reviews, or are, as in my case, an early adopter who buys something in hopes it will fulfill your expectations, and are disappointed, well that's on you. Second, I always thought, " Lord, it's a phone, not your wife; you don't have to divorce it, just throw it in the trash and get another, either now or at the end of the contract, but for God's sake, stop complaining." This is worse. Unlike my battery-sucking call-dropping tiny app catalog having Pre, the NGX is widely regarded as setting the bar. The incredible attention to detail, massive documentation provided, performance, and stability of the product speak volumes not only to the quality of the product but to the developers' passion. So, when these same developers, who have consistently shown a willingness to interact with and assist their users are chided and criticized, not because of usability issues, but because enhancements that only elevate an already superior product are not released within the time frame some feel they should be, people are going to rise to their defense because the catterwalling smacks of ingratitude, and those complaints are rightly characterized as petty, especially when they relate to simulated voices on a simulated aircraft generated by manipulating pixels on a 21 inch monitor.And I'm not denigrating flight simming - I first "took off" from Meigs on my Commodore64 more than 25 years ago, and have been living my pilot fantasy on computers ever since.

Edited by IUBrian

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I couldn't be happier with PMDG, though communication could be better at times.But those of us sticking up for PMDG ought to be careful. We don't want to degenerate into the blind automaton mob that has become of the Flight supporters on the Flight forum. Before you know it, we'll have admins patrolling our threads in gestapo-like fashion on our behalf and censoring everyone who says something negative.I digress...
If you want to get banned in a heartbeat, go to the Orbx forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

A post complaining about people complaining.
And you are complaing about people complainig about people complainging. This could get complicated.

All the people complaining will be the 1st ones upon the release to say i love you pmdg your the best pmdg thanks for the update pmdg and so on!

Wow - have a chill pill, have a look in the mirror and go fly that product that we're supposed to be all here about...

Matt Webb

Whatever happened to the days when we debated over how to fly a plane, or this and that config setting.THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Whatever happened to the days when we debated over how to fly a plane, or this and that config setting.THOSE WERE THE DAYS.
"THOSE WERE THE DAYS" reminds me of the Bunkers on All in the Family.Seriously those days ended on August 3, 2011.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg