Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Anyone interested in a precision manual? You're gonna get one with SP1c!

:Just Kidding:You better get used to it ! It was said once by a staffmember maybe it was RSR who said it first - since then, some parrots around here have repeatet it over and over again every time they´ve had a chance :( you know what ?? I guess its here to stay :(
Well, do you reckon it will be ready in time for my next birthday, March 7th? :Party:Ken

Well, do you reckon it will be ready in time for my next birthday, March 7th? :Party:Ken
You hinting for a pressie ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I imagine that PMDG just wants to get it right when they release the next SP and the SDK. Remember, they're in the driver's seat, and who can blame them for taking the time and trouble to "get it right" before moving farther along with the 737NGX product? Captain Randazzo has said that things they are developing for the NGX will be cross-platform for their new birds as they roll out, which ultimately will shorten the development time, and result in ever more robust and amazing aircraft, yes?All you can say about PMDG is their stuff is WORTH waiting for, be it a new a/c or a refinement such as the upcoming new Ryan Maziarz NGX Tutorial2. Sure, we're all like spoiled children, clamoring for the new toy... and the waiting IS painful. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!I can share with you when iFly rushed their NG onto the market, it had some serious ISSUES, and the resolution was far from smooth. The very first iterations of the iFly had issues from the installer to the airplane, and updates were frequent and awkward. PMDG has a sterling reputation to protect, and a level of quality and detail that I have found on no competitor's aircraft thus far. If I were PMDG management, I too would 'go slow' and make sure that the SP, SDK and Tutorial2 release was smooth and painless, to further build brand loyalty and enhance product reputation. Better to delay and get it right than to rush it and beg forgiveness.If we were honest, our expectations of PMDG are sky-high compared to what we hope for or expect from their competition. Kind of like comparing Ferrari with KIA. They're both cars. No one expects perfection from a KIA. A Ferrari? A much different set of expectations.
It was very refreshing to read this. I got so tired of reading these immature posts from people, usually along the lines of "This plane sucks. I've waited 3 weeks for an update to fix this crappy plane.. This is the last time I'l be buying a PMDG plane....etc, etc, etc,,,,blahblahblah". The funny thing is, the aircraft is 99.999% correct anyway. Why would anyone conmplain about that .0001%? Just fly the damn plane and be happy when the "MAJOR" fix becomes available. As for the tutorial, yes, we've all been waiting, but only a small number have been obnoxiously vocal about it. I happen to be in that silent majority. It'll come when it comes.
I'm not sure what some of you are complaining about - I thought I'd give you an idea of what to expect with the tutorial as well as tell you it's finished. I seriously cannot win here - if I don't say anything I get tickets complaining that there's no tutorial #2 yet, if I tell you, you complain that I shouldn't have said anything. I don't know what ulterior motive you think I have here - it's not like SP1c or the tutorial cost extra money.
Ryan, you aren't married, are you? Because if you were, you'd know the answer to your question. :(

Robert mentioned some efficiency improvements [fps/performance increase?]Are they still there, are they noticeable?Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Well, a jet propelled wheelchair would be nice :Kiss:Ken
Top gear (UK) did a program on 4x4 powered wheel chairs last week, should take a look and see if they meet your requirements, however think some are in development, so it probably "soon" before you can buy them.Regards to the comment about someone saying keeping people informed - well yes they did that, they told us soon, and how stopped up all night etc, how SDK was finished in Novemeber, how software upgrade was to be done weeks ago, etc...all very good information that kept us in the picture at the time, put the picture they created was that by now "Soon" would have come. Its obvious it be ready when its ready, that be like baking a cake, it be ready when its ready, and generally Id know it takes 20mins, but say some unfortunate thing happened, such as my electric had gone off, so hence it going to take a little longer, then id update you on that, saying well it is ready, all the ingredients are there, its been mixed etc, but due to no oven working till now, its going to be 20mins from now, not when i originally indicated.I think thats the issue why people get wound up, the information that comes out, often indicates something, but then that doesnt occur, but its not then followed up with something to say why its changed.If people had a better understanding of what delays/issues etc were preventing any releases from being available, then they more likely to have a better tolerence to waiting for it, dissapointed yes, but at least informed.Rememeber this SP isnt just desired for the fixes/improvements it may bring, its the SDK and tutorial that people want - those two items bring a major change to the NGX in terms of addons that will be available for the sim, Hardware intergration and of course the excellent tutorial which will give people the chance to learn to fly this thing properly. It may be SP1C but in fact its actually a major release.

“We cannot learn real patience and tolerance from a guru or a friend. They can be practiced only when we come in contact with someone who creates unpleasant experiences. According to Shantideva, enemies are really good for us as we can learn a lot from them and build our inner strength."Dalai Lama
big hitter the Lama....long.

Ryan wrotes: "...very soon..."What does this mean? If i say to my kids: "you will become your gift very soon"...at least if they become ist not within 2 days they will be totally frustrade. "But Dad, you said very soon...very soon is over now".It is now the seventh day....and "very soon" has passed. now...many will kill me here: "Be patient!"No, i´m not patient. i have be patient since Aug 8th NGX was published without SDK. If ryan would have said: "in the next weeks"...that will be ok....but "very soon" means in the next days...and not weeks.For me the answer is clear: i won´t buy no further products of pmfg like 600/700 or other stuff....PMDG will not get money from me since the SDK (SP1c) is published.Frank Jones

Ryan wrotes: "...very soon..."What does this mean? If i say to my kids: "you will become your gift very soon"...at least if they become ist not within 2 days they will be totally frustrade. "But Dad, you said very soon...very soon is over now".It is now the seventh day....and "very soon" has passed. now...many will kill me here: "Be patient!"No, i´m not patient. i have be patient since Aug 8th NGX was published without SDK. If ryan would have said: "in the next weeks"...that will be ok....but "very soon" means in the next days...and not weeks.For me the answer is clear: i won´t buy no further products of pmfg like 600/700 or other stuff....PMDG will not get money from me since the SDK (SP1c) is published.Frank Jones
The difference, I suppose, is that many of us are adults. We should do what we tell our kids to do--be patient. Like many, I keep hitting the refresh button hoping sp1c and tutorial 2 will appear. But, I also know that any delay is for a reason. You just can't rush perfection. Hey, if you really want to be frustrated and have your patience tested, sign up for the AoA training.

big hitter the Lama....long.
LMAO!"There'll be no tip, but when you die, you will recieve Total Conciousness... so I got THAT goin' for me!""Cinderalla Story... from out of nowhere...""That's a peach, hon!""My name is Fred! I'm just a man!""Where'd it go?" "In the lumberyard Danny""Be the ball""It's a little harsh""Buddies for life!""God wouldn't let it rain during the greatest round of my life..." "Rat --uck!""How about a Fresca?" Edited by rsm

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Ryan wrotes: "...very soon..."What does this mean? If i say to my kids: "you will become your gift very soon"...at least if they become ist not within 2 days they will be totally frustrade. "But Dad, you said very soon...very soon is over now".Frank Jones
Yes, Ryan has certainly used the wrong description there. You are correct to complain, but don't you find that exageration is now rife with everything now? Ryan has attempted to create a 'must have it' situation here and all this does is to wind up the people that are longing for the results.What he doesen't seem to realise is that it also develops frustration because the recievers, are mislead by the use of the wrong grammer, and as adults, he should have more respect for us than that.
Hey, if you really want to be frustrated and have your patience tested, sign up for the AoA training.
There is nothing wrong with AoA training actually. It is first class.Within any industry though if you lose one cog in the works, the others malfunction. Chris is working hard to overcome this problem and is responding to enquiries both here and on his forum. You can't wish for better than that. Flight sim is fantasy, life is reality. Edited by G7USL

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well, I am patient and I don't really care if this is going to take some more time (I got lots of fun with the 737NGX already and tomorrow is going to be a great day in flight simmers land... :( ), but I do wonder why the 2nd tutorial simply isn't released right now. Saying 'It's finished, but... we won't give it to you right now' is (apparently) a good recepy for getting some people annoyed. :( I suppose the tutorial is referring to things that are in SP1c, otherwise I can't see a reason to not release it yet. After all, putting a pdf online isn't a big deal. Still, it's PMDG's decision and all we can do is respect that. :(

Edited by J van E

Why putting a pdf online freely downloadable when, to have it, you must have the ngx?I see here that some people are asking for the moon.Ryan told already.For some people what PMDG does is always wrong, if he say "sp1c" all wants it in 2 days or less, if he says about a tutorial, most want it immediately. I remember another topic made around a week after he asked help for the tutorial, people already asking for the release of the tutorial.Folks, if you are not happy with the NGX, and pmdg announcements, simply buy another 737. You can use the ifly or the wilco evo, if you think that are better than the NGX.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Why putting a pdf online freely downloadable when, to have it, you must have the ngx?I see here that some people are asking for the moon.
Er... you lost me there... :( SP1c will be 'online freely downloadable' so er... I didn't see 'asking for the moon' coming. :(