Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Anyone interested in a precision manual? You're gonna get one with SP1c!

Guys, we are speaking about a game (we can call it simulation, yes, but it is still under the "games" category).There is no need to respect a date for customers as this date will not affect our business.It is an home product, there is no need to be clear to all the aspects, neither to give exact informations about fixes and dates.There are some other software house that will never inform before a patch release, neither will release 6-7 patches mostly reserved for simulation improvement.Istead of complaing about times needed to release something or about how they inform us about them, I think is better to try to understand how many work is behind this. Just an idea about it could change your point of view.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Just out of curiosity, you folk who claim that the FS2Crew is the only realistic way.... have you ever tried either a homecockpit sim or an advanced addon with MCC option (like the Leonardo Maddog)? Because I have done both, and I have tried FS2Crew (yes, the voice control edition) I can not see how they even come close. In my eyes, FS2Crew is wildly unrealistic then...Should we therefore all suspend our NGX flying, with or without FS2Crew, until MCC option is available?

Just out of curiosity, you folk who claim that the FS2Crew is the only realistic way.... have you ever tried either a homecockpit sim or an advanced addon with MCC option (like the Leonardo Maddog)? Because I have done both, and I have tried FS2Crew (yes, the voice control edition) I can not see how they even come close. In my eyes, FS2Crew is wildly unrealistic then...Should we therefore all suspend our NGX flying, with or without FS2Crew, until MCC option is available?
A) Not all people have the option of trying a homecockpit sim (money wise, it just isn't in the area, or they can't for whatever reason build one for themselves);B ) MCC is considered by PMDG by my latest information, so that's a no for now.Anything else? Edited by Lukas_Mathijsen

Clearly none of the OMGIMUSTHAVETHEFS2CREW!!!11!!11!! crowd have used things like the FSLabs Concorde, or the Dreamfleet 727...Even with the virtual FE in the Concorde, you still have to cover the job of two, and despite the "lack" of realism, it's still fun to me. The DF727 is the best 727 out there on the market, and that one doesn't give you any help at all, and you're navigating without the help of advanced nav. Realistic? Nope. A challenge? You bet it is. To be honest, being busy like that all the time in the sim puts me right at home in my real flying when I'm all by myself, managing all kinds of things. Granted, it's a plane that's meant for single pilot ops, but the more I feel rushed and busy in the sim, the easier things seem in real life.

Kyle Rodgers

Clearly none of the OMGIMUSTHAVETHEFS2CREW!!!11!!11!! crowd have used things like the FSLabs Concorde, or the Dreamfleet 727...Even with the virtual FE in the Concorde, you still have to cover the job of two, and despite the "lack" of realism, it's still fun to me. The DF727 is the best 727 out there on the market, and that one doesn't give you any help at all, and you're navigating without the help of advanced nav. Realistic? Nope. A challenge? You bet it is. To be honest, being busy like that all the time in the sim puts me right at home in my real flying when I'm all by myself, managing all kinds of things. Granted, it's a plane that's meant for single pilot ops, but the more I feel rushed and busy in the sim, the easier things seem in real life.
The concorde x you have to cover the job of 3 actually if you count the flight engineer as well which manages the fuel balancing etc, and is the hardest and most challenging aircraft to fly compared to the ngx which is a breeze to master. Lack of realism dont know what u mean by that since a few times i have taken off with one of my engines on fire.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Clearly none of the OMGIMUSTHAVETHEFS2CREW!!!11!!11!! crowd have used things like the FSLabs Concorde, or the Dreamfleet 727...
Kyle, I'm so tired of you slamming people for their personal preference. No one in this thread that said they prefer FS2Crew tried to shove it down peoples' throats, but clearly you have an issue with our "crowd" with your all caps OMG... brand you slapped on us.I wish you would give your arrogance a rest for at least one day. It's getting tiresome.

Kyle, I'm so tired of you slamming people for their personal preference. No one in this thread that said they prefer FS2Crew tried to shove it down peoples' throats, but clearly you have an issue with our "crowd" with your all caps OMG... brand you slapped on us.I wish you would give your arrogance a rest for at least one day. It's getting tiresome.
I would apologize, but arrogant people don't do that, right?Actually, no. As I know I've mentioned before, any arrogance is assumed, though I know my style of writing and my general demeanor don't make it easy for people not to assume I'm a [heartless, stuck up fool]. Nowhere in my post did I actually slam people for only wanting to fly with FS2Crew, though I do agree with you, I took a shot at them, and here's why:I have problem with is those who are dismissing the NGX as worthless (or nearly so) simply because FS2Crew isn't out for it yet. Because of that, I made a joking light of it because I feel that group takes themselves way too seriously. There are people seriously "hangaring" (refusing to fly - reference the "Where's your NGX thread") the NGX because they don't have an FO.I can nearly guarantee you that if FS2Crew were never an option, they'd be flying the NGX. Because it's been planned, but not out yet, they're taking passive-aggressive jabs at the developers (and the rest of us here), and making comments about the plane "not moving until [their] overdue FO gets here." It's childish, really. To be honest, I bet you that they're probably flying it anyway, but are posting here saying that just to make their point stronger.I'm not better than anyone here. I have some knowledge some people don't, but others have a lot of knowledge I don't. If you need proof that I'm not better than anyone, just look at how I responded to what I perceived as 'childish;' I responded with a little childishness myself, mixed with a little dramatic overstatement.

Kyle Rodgers

I have problem with is those who are dismissing the NGX as worthless (or nearly so) simply because FS2Crew isn't out for it yet. Because of that, I made a joking light of it because I feel that group takes themselves way too seriously. There are people seriously "hangaring" (refusing to fly - reference the "Where's your NGX thread") the NGX because they don't have an FO.
No one has said the NGX is worthless just because FS2Crew isn't out for it. Don't put words in people's mouths.How is having a personal preference automatically mean "taking one's self too seriously?" I prefer FS2Crew because it makes it easier to fly a plane that's meant for a crew of 2. That's it. Nothing more.And yes, I am one of those who is holding off flying any more NGX flights because I'm waiting for FS2Crew. So what? Why do you have a such a problem with my personal preference?All I see is you have a problem with people that don't think like you, and don't fly FSX or the NGX for the same reasons you do. Instead of co-exist with these people, you bash them with posts that drip with sarcasm and more.When confronted with this, you always justify why it's "ok" to bash these pilots....'they take themselves too seriously.' Give me a break.
I can nearly guarantee you that if FS2Crew were never an option, they'd be flying the NGX. Because it's been planned, but not out yet, they're taking passive-aggressive jabs at the developers (and the rest of us here), and making comments about the plane "not moving until [their] overdue FO gets here." It's childish, really. To be honest, I bet you that they're probably flying it anyway, but are posting here saying that just to make their point stronger.
If FS2Crew didn't exist, I would fly the NGX. What's your point? If cars didn't exist, we would walk everywhere. But cars do exist, so we use them because it's easier.I can't speak for everyone else, but for myself yes I'm not flying the NGX. Again...why do you care so much.The only thing childish I see is typing in all caps and labeling groups as you're doing.It's not cute, it's not funny, and it's just annoying.

Listen to who's talking !! :(

Listen to who's talking !! :(
show me where I did then.I also agree with you, listen to who's talking (you) when you wrote this:
Nice to see that the airline pilot wannabees are still talking a load of garbage !When you have completed the six RV-6 challenges properly in Flight then we might have Something to talk about.Till then, carry on playing Pilot.Fred.
Edited by trip7cap

No one has said the NGX is worthless just because FS2Crew isn't out for it.[...]And yes, I am one of those who is holding off flying any more NGX flights because I'm waiting for FS2Crew. So what? Why do you have a such a problem with my personal preference?
So, I'm wrong for telling you that people consider the NGX worthless, yet in the same paragraph, you're saying you're not flying it because it doesn't have FS2Crew. If you won't fly it because it doesn't have FS2Crew, clearly you don't value the aircraft alone. So, how am I putting words in your mouth. Your quote above is what you said. The only thing I did was underline it.If you won't fly it without FS2Crew, clearly it's of no value to you.
All I see is you have a problem with people that don't think like you, and don't fly FSX or the NGX for the same reasons you do. Instead of co-exist with these people, you bash them with posts that drip with sarcasm and more.When confronted with this, you always justify why it's "ok" to bash these pilots....'they take themselves too seriously.' Give me a break.
I don't have a problem with people who aren't like me. I will, however, drag out flaws in your thought process if I believe your logic is flawed. I have my own quirks as well, and people will point them out, but my opinions are my own and if you don't like them then that's fine. Similarly, my opinion that those who refuse to fly a pretty expensive, very detailed simulation of a 737 simply because they don't have a virtual FO in Flight Sim is childish. If you don't like that opinion, let it go. When people don't like my opinions, two things happen: I reflect on what they told me and adjust, or look at it for what it's worth and just continue doing what I do (and I may justify it in the process, to explain to you why and that I'm not just ignoring you).Summary: I'm opinionated. If you don't like it, ignore it and carry on. Nowhere in here did I single you out, until you addressed me directly.
If FS2Crew didn't exist, I would fly the NGX. What's your point? If cars didn't exist, we would walk everywhere. But cars do exist, so we use them because it's easier.I can't speak for everyone else, but for myself yes I'm not flying the NGX. Again...why do you care so much.
See? My point is proven here. If FS2Crew wasn't going to happen, the same people who are moaning that it's not out yet, and are therefore 'boycotting' using it, would use it anyway and wouldn't be hangaring the bird because they don't have an FO. So the issue isn't that it's a realism-I-need-an-FO thing. It's a let-me-make-a-public-statement-because-I'm-impatient thing.
The only thing childish I see is typing in all caps and labeling groups as you're doing.It's not cute, it's not funny, and it's just annoying.
I'm sorry you find it annoying. I really am.Why do you let it affect you? If you're really hell bent on not flying an aircraft because that's honestly what you believe, what difference does it make what I think? Let me think it's dumb. After all, we're supposed to be co-existing despite the difference of opinion, right? Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

I couldn't be happier with PMDG, though communication could be better at times.But those of us sticking up for PMDG ought to be careful. We don't want to degenerate into the blind automaton mob that has become of the Flight supporters on the Flight forum. Before you know it, we'll have admins patrolling our threads in gestapo-like fashion on our behalf and censoring everyone who says something negative. I digress...