Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

What's with forum members logged in continuously?

The same could be said about the debate and attitudes surrounding Microsoft Flight...
I happen to completely agree, I have never been one for the FS9 V FSX or Flight debates. I have my own opinions on Flight especially being associated with a payware Beta program but I do not begrudge anyone else their own opinions. To each their own, just don't try and force your opinion on me :( :(

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

HelloJim was always going to win anyway

I happen to completely agree, I have never been one for the FS9 V FSX or Flight debates. I have my own opinions on Flight especially being associated with a payware Beta program but I do not begrudge anyone else their own opinions. To each their own, just don't try and force your opinion on me :( :(
It wouldn't have entered my mind; just thought it a very apropos comment. :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I thought people were just staying logged on to make sure no-one was saying anything bad about them behind their back :)

www.antsairplanes.com

I thought people were just staying logged on to make sure no-one was saying anything bad about them behind their back :)
Now, why would anyone say anything bad about me?

It wouldn't have entered my mind; just thought it a very apropos comment. :(
Sorry Viper, that comment wasn't directed at you, just in general :)
Now, why would anyone say anything bad about me?
Jim, more importantly, why would they want to say it behind your back when they can say it to your "face" :(

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This really got me wondering, so I checked the forum periodically to see if I am listed as being online. Dang, everytime I checked, I was listed as online. I have the same problem with the refrigerator light always being on.(I just posted this stupidity to see how much logged on time is displayed on my post)
Yeah, it's beyond me how that refrigerator light can stay on like that and not run up my electric bill.

We have three Ipads and 5 computers and God knows what else here. I often have 12 browser screens or more open, and one of them is often avsim. So while I might be logged in, in fact I might not actually be "here" at all. (more likely I am surfing or playing a game or out somewhere)Conversely at night, I may be gone, But one Ipad or another I may have used to glance at the site might be still here, maybe for days, if it is plugged in and nobody gets back to it!I suspect to a lot of sites I might appear to be on 24/7 because the computers are rarely off. :(

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5