Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

would you recommend using EZDok camera effect with the ngx?

I tried EZDok once and found it cumbersome. I just wanted to have a free-walk camera like DBS Walk&Follow offers since I use TrackIR for moving around in the VC, but I wasn't able to make EZDok work the way I wanted.But that's just my experience. Others seem to be happy with it.

Dave P. Woycek

I had my Track IR 2 years and hardly used it. I heard about Ezdok here in this forum and gave it a go because so many were on about it. Now I use both Ezdok and Track IR all the time and hate to fly without them. Track IR lets me zoom in, look around. Ezdok gets me to the right place and locks my view into that position. EG the overhead, I don`t need to force Track IR to stay in that position because Ezdok gets me there and keeps me there. I now also have extra views I can set up with Ezdok, so I set one on the overhead, the throttle, the gauges to get a close up view, all the windows, behind me, outside, the door where the jetway joins, the front to see the pilot view in flight.Using Ezdok with my EH101 Helicopter to see the view from the two sliding doors inside, the rear ramp when open, the winch controls. You name it theirs extra cam views to set up and enjoy. Its the best £16 I ever spent and useful with all my aircraft, no more limited camera views here.....Steve

Would i recommend it.............? BIG time!

Chris Howard

I have a TrackIR and I use it all the time for DCS A-10C and Blackshark because in military sims your head is essentially on a swivel by necessity, but though I started NGX with it, I quickly transitioned over to using mouse controlled free-look in the V/C because for me, it seemed to lend itself better to the much more methodical, and less random environment of the 737 (not that that environment doesn't sometimes get very hectic :) )I've never heard of this EZDok program but now I'm very excited to give it a try!Thank you for the heads up!

Edited by dho112

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

I couldn't fly the NGX with out it! Once you get it, you'll never go back, and you will always wonder, "How did I possibly fly with out this!?"

YES! It's the closest thing I've come to "the old days" when I was a die hard 2D cockpit user. Of course, once I jumped to FSX and bought TrackIR, I abandoned 2D panels. The NGX VC is so crisp, you can define a EZCA camera for the main panel IFR, one for VFR/HUD, one that's rear overhead, one that's forward overhead, one for throttles, one for CDU, and one for the radios. It's a real treat, IMO. I have a final keypress assigned that jumps to an IFR-like camera position but TrackIR is enabled in that view.If you do take the plunge, do let me know and I'd be happy to share my profile for all four NG's. It takes a little bit to get set up, but just importing the profile takes seconds.