Sign in to follow this  

MS Flight vs FSX: it's simple, really

I think it's really simple.Besides flying on the pc I also race on the pc. One of the racing games I like is Dirt. Love it. Played it a lot. Great fun. Then the same company (!) who created Dirt released F1 2010. For those who don't know it: that's also a game that lets you drive in cars... Nice. However, there are some differences between the games... So what did I do?I went to the Codemasters forum and posted (time after time, in every possible topic) that F1 2011 was crap because it didn't offer me what Dirt offered me. It only had closed tracks. I want open stages!!! It has some 23 other cars on the track. Screw Codemasters! I want to drive on my own! One game lets me setup the car in detail and the other game doesn't. This game sucks!!! I am going back to Dirt!!! FS 2011 is crap!!!Did I do that? Of course not. I enjoyed both: they each offer something different and I appreciate them for what the offer me. If I wouldn't have liked F1, I obviously wouldn't have bothered with FS 2011 at all and I would have kept on playing Dirt.So... why don't people simply react in the same way when it comes to FSX and MS Flight...? MSF Flight is NOT FSX. Nor is it FS11. It's something else.So... stop comparing MS Flight with FSX and use them for what they offer you or don't use them. Simple as that. Peace to everyone in their own little virtual world, whatever that may be. Discussion closed. (Probably not, but well... it doesnt hurt to try... :wink: ).

I couldn't agree more Jeroen. Its like apples and oranges

deleted by author

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Please everyone, don't take this thread south.
Fair enough Stephen. ^_^

Bert

Fair enough Stephen. ^_^
Bert,I was not referring to what you posted. Whatever it was, can't remember, it was fine.I just don't want the thread title to be an open invitation for a platoon of FSXers to parachute in to wage a co-ordinated attack after a mass saturation bombing run, just to defend their honour. If that happens I will have to nuke it myself.So, if you pm me what you had written there, I will edit your post and stick it back in there for you. :smile:Kind regards

So... why don't people simply react in the same way when it comes to FSX and MS Flight...? MSF Flight is NOT FSX. Nor is it FS11. It's something else.
Agree and It was clearly stated in the press release back in 2010

Very good points Jeroen, I agree completely.I myself am very much enjoying both Flight and FSX, and will continue to do the same for quite some time.Each gives me something a little different, and really I kind of like that!

"Please everyone, don't take this thread south."I feel sorry for those people who live in the South. :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

"Please everyone, don't take this thread south."I feel sorry for those people who live in the South. :P
:Whistle: Y'all come! Y'all come! Y'all come for a visit now and then! :Whistle:

I think what got everyone so upset was the fact that Flight is not a full featured flight sim. FSX has been out for a few years now and I'm sure everyone would like to have a new version. There isn't much choice with flight sims today. Back in the old days there were several but everyone stopped producing them. I never bought FSX because about the time it was released I moved from PC to Mac. I have XP9 on my Mac and it works well for the way I play but I don't plan to move to XP10 because of the performance requirements. I have Flight installed using Boot Camp and I love it. It's very smooth and I think it's a great basic GA simulator. If you compare it to XP or FSX there are a lot of things missing but what it does it does very well. It's got me interested in Flight sims again and I find that I am even spending more time with XP.

Don't be, everyone can stay with me if they come down, LOLIt's down to human nature, most want an all in one deal with most things in life which is why it is usually one or the other. I agree, it shouldn't have to be that way.I really am enjoying Flight, but I am also really missing lots of things I have in FSX which I doubt will ever be included in Flight. Unfortunately I would love to have FSX with the MS Flight performance, the walk around option, the flight dynamics and the new shadowing, that would make it complete for me.

Best, Michael

KDFW

You know, back when MS disbanded the Aces team, many thought that would be the end of the MS Flight sim franchise. We thought FSX, would be the last in the genre offered by MS.Now we have flight, while a completely different product altogether aiming in a different direction, it is pretty darned good as evidenced by the posts on this forum, many by what I would consider hard core flight simmers.I myself am grateful that we have a new offering from MS, and gives hope for the future going forward, rather than the franchise ending with FSX. Who knows now, what may lie ahead of us - at least there is now a stepping stone to build from. That is a very good thing for us fanciers of flight simming!

I think it's really simple.Besides flying on the pc I also race on the pc. One of the racing games I like is Dirt. Love it. Played it a lot. Great fun. Then the same company (!) who created Dirt released F1 2010. For those who don't know it: that's also a game that lets you drive in cars... Nice. However, there are some differences between the games...So what did I do?I went to the Codemasters forum and posted (time after time, in every possible topic) that F1 2011 was crap because it didn't offer me what Dirt offered me. It only had closed tracks. I want open stages!!! It has some 23 other cars on the track. Screw Codemasters! I want to drive on my own! One game lets me setup the car in detail and the other game doesn't. This game sucks!!! I am going back to Dirt!!! FS 2011 is crap!!!Did I do that? Of course not. I enjoyed both: they each offer something different and I appreciate them for what the offer me. If I wouldn't have liked F1, I obviously wouldn't have bothered with FS 2011 at all and I would have kept on playing Dirt.So... why don't people simply react in the same way when it comes to FSX and MS Flight...? MSF Flight is NOT FSX. Nor is it FS11. It's something else.So... stop comparing MS Flight with FSX and use them for what they offer you or don't use them. Simple as that. Peace to everyone in their own little virtual world, whatever that may be. Discussion closed. (Probably not, but well... it doesnt hurt to try... :wink: ).
Since you're into racing, have you given rFactor a shot? There's some great mods such as cars and tracks to have a spin in....

Since you're into racing, have you given rFactor a shot? There's some great mods such as cars and tracks to have a spin in....
Thanks for the tip, but since some 5 years or so I am not into sim racing anymore. I never was good at sim racers: I did give them a try (like Grand Prix Legends and the old Simbin racers) but I always sucked at them (never managed to do a lap in GTL without crashing). So at one moment I decided to only race for fun anymore. Afaik rFactor is quite a sim, right? I rather play games like Codemasters creates. :wink: Good simple fun.