Sign in to follow this  

MS Flight vs FSX: it's simple, really

Here we go again! Some people will always continue to insist that FXS is a Flight simulator and not a game, and that is ok. Just not true, sorry.

Steve

I still very much enjoy Flight though l've mostly migrated back to FSX with all ORBX scenery and am thoroughly enjoying VFR flying with renewed vigor.

I had "bought in" to the Flight concept and felt betrayed when MS dropped it the way they did. I had no problem with purchasing new add on content that I was interested in (can you say scenery and perhaps a new deluxe plane now and then that caught my interest?). I can wish all I want but it won't change anything, but I do wish that if MS was going to abandon Flight the way they did that they would have released an SDK that would have allowed anyone interested to create scenery addons and new planes and continue to use, enjoy, maintain and expand Flight.

That is my main disappointment with MS and the Flight franchise. They simply didn't do its fans justice with the way they handled it's demise.

Fortunately Stonelance is trying to keep the flame burning and the potential is there someday to be able to expand Flight; but it's very slow moving and frustrating to think about what could have been. I applaud his efforts and anyone else who is attempting to do the same.

Only time will tell if Flight will be able to reach it's true potential. Here's hoping it does.

Ken

Only time will tell if Flight will be able to reach it's true potential. Here's hoping it does.
Me too, there was so much potential there and MS handled it so poorly.

Steve 

I thought we were done with that subject long ago? It's simple. Microsoft Flight has the superior engine and flight dynamics, but it is locked down and shallow on content. If Microsoft Flight had the chance to reach its true potential, it would make FSX look like a toy, but unfortunately it didn't.

"When the twilight breaks, the dawn will fade. No one knows what the future will hold."

"Time waits for no one."

It is what it is.