Sign in to follow this  
Trev91284

Microsoft Flight

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and hope to be apart of it for a long time, because I love flight simulators and play Microsoft Flight. I wanted to know what everyone's perspective is on Microsoft Flight I have downloaded and bought the game and find it to be very satisfying as far as flying is concerned. I do hope they put out other planes in the game and other regions or I won't be playing the game long. Hawaii is fun and interesting and won't be done with Hawaii for awhile, but when I'm done with Hawaii it's going to become small after awhile. I hope Microsoft uses this new way of flight simulator to there advantage they could do a lot with this system there using. They should put at least 50 planes in the game. They should put 10 airliners, 10 classic planes, 10 personal planes, 10 helicopters, 10 WW2 planes, 5 WW1 planes, 10 business jets, 10 jet fighters. That's 75 planes already. They should add all the busiest areas for flight, like Alaska, LA, Oakland, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, O hare and Midway, Milwaukee and Oshkosh<<<, Miami, Dallas, New York there endless places and areas they should put in this game that would be well worth flying around. I'm also not happy that they don't have ground and tower communication for the air traffic that's not simulator like. I also don't like the fact that there's no life in the game. No people, no other computer planes flying to make it seem like there's life on the islands. I just hope that this very new game has stuff getting added like that to make it a flight simulator not Microsoft Flight Apocalypse. All in all Microsoft Flight is a neat game and will keep playing it until it gets boring and I hope they add stuff so it doesn't get boring. If so I'll get FSX then I know I won't be board. I was wondering what you though of Microsoft Flight and what you think they should put in the game and if you play the game add me as a friend and we'll fly together. My Microsoft Flight user name is SpeedDemonTrev. Have a good day or night and see you in the virtual sky.

They should add all the busiest areas for flight, like Alaska, LA, Oakland, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, O hare and Midway, Milwaukee and Oshkosh<<<, Miami, Dallas, New York
HelloAre you aware that there is a small bit of land outside the USA known as "the rest of the world" where aircraft are sometimes flown ?

I do know that Oshkosh gets a huge amount of airline traffic in January. (Not)

HelloAre you aware that there is a small bit of land outside the USA known as "the rest of the world" where aircraft are sometimes flown ?

To answer the OP:- No I will not be purchasing anything Flight related. This is not due to a bigoted stance against Microsoft or Flight, but the understanding that by buying into the Flight business model, I am telling Microsoft that I support it, which I do not.- If you are into the missions and challenges, why not try FSX Gold? For less than the cost of the Hawaii Adventure Pack and Maule in Flight you have not only the abundant amount of missions and aircraft that are provided with FSX and the included Acceleration expansion pack, but you can download any of the hundreds available here at Avsim's File Library, Flightsim.com or Simviation.com that were created by fellow simmers.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I agree with Phill, why wait on Microsoft to provide you planes and scenery? When you can buy FSX or X-Plane which gets you global scenery, missions, and the freedom to download nearly a decade's worth of freeware and payware add-ons.

HelloWhat exactly were you trying to say there ?

HelloWhat exactly were you trying to say there ?
Hi, Just some casual sarcasm - didn't mean to be rude or offensive. Although looks like some people don't have a funny bone :lol:Shall keep my internet memes between my RL friends from now on, it seems to not go down well.

Hi, Just some casual sarcasm - didn't mean to be rude or offensive. Although looks like some people don't have a funny bone :lol:Shall keep my internet memes between my RL friends from now on, it seems to not go down well.
Hello SamNo real offence taken, just curious what was meant

... and the freedom to download nearly a decade's worth of freeware and payware add-ons.
Wait a second now. It's only the freeware stuff that is free to download and very little of it is anywhere near the quality of what's been released for flight so far (P51 not counted). As for the payware add-ons, yes, some of them are very high quality but they also cost quite a bit more than the average Flight DLC.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

There are freeware programs out there for FS 2004 and FSX that rival any payware quality programs if you are willing to look.

For what it's worth, there is a dedicated forum down a few floors which is a better place for this discussion... :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There are freeware programs out there for FS 2004 and FSX that rival any payware quality programs if you are willing to look.
+1

Downloaded the free version the other day. Flew the first flight as that allows one to get into the other planes and areas. So far the issue I have is my CH Flight Sim yoke controler. Still trying to modify the default settings of what the game offers. Seems there should be a little more options as the throtle lever control only has one setting "Y axsis" for either idle or full throtle.

Hi folks i live in Cape Town South Africa, and i downloaded the free fligth, with the slow internet speed it took 12.5 hours. flew for a while than called my 12 year old grandson he did for 15 minute told me it was boring it is not his cup of tea or coffee.ha ha he went back to my FSX and loves flying the big A380 over the Himalayas and do a visual landing in Nepal i have global 10 so the graphics are excellent using a GLX 450 Nvidia.how anybody can compare this type of flying to that new toy flight is beyond me. maybe if you live in the first world countries and have top speed uncapped internet and fly with some friends it might be a bit of fun but it has nothing for an person like me who want to pretend he fly’s in a real plane with all the instruments, and following the vectors from ATC.and taxi to parking amongst dozens of planes who are also coming and going, I know it is not real but a hell of a lot closer to real than flying that toy over a bit of bush in Hawaii. So for me it is a nonstarter. Have a nice day folks. Joseph