Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Maule vrs RV-6

I have the RV-6 but not the Maule, although i'll probably cave and get it. Just wondering which is everyones favorite and why?

The RV6 is by far the plane I fly the most but that's just because I like the low-altitude high-speed lunacy that it works so well for. It's a plane I could very well see myself owning one day although I'd better not fly it like I do in the sim. :wink:

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I love the RV-6 !I have the Maule but only use it for the Maule landing challenges.The RV-6 for everything else.Fred.

I love the RV-6 !I have the Maule but only use it for the Maule landing challenges.The RV-6 for everything else.Fred.
Same here!

Hmm so is the Maule not really worth getting? For some reason i want to have all of them.

Hmm so is the Maule not really worth getting? For some reason i want to have all of them.
You'll need the Maule to do a LOT of the cargo missions...

Yes, it is well worth getting.Lots of cargo missions and the landing challenges are good too.Fred.

I have a feeling the Maule will be quite useful in Alaska. I went ahead and got it and am glad I did.

I have both, RV6A for cruising, Maule for trying to land in small places. I did a power-off takeoff with it the other day, just let it roll down a hill dodging a few trees till I got up to speed. Was a blast.

The Maule allows you to a few extra missions on the job board. These can be cargo, live cargo, medical flights, passenger flights and clandestine cargo. That last one is worth a lot of experience points. The Maule is worth it just to be able to do those missions.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Definitely get the Maule. It has actually become my favorite plane in Flight. The sound set it comes with is truly awesome. And the handling characteristics are superb. Overall a beautiful plane. The RV-6A is very nice, but somehow the Maule has grown on me and is starting to push the RV into second place for me. :Nerd:

Brandon Filer

Definitely get the Maule. It has actually become my favorite plane in Flight. The sound set it comes with is truly awesome. And the handling characteristics are superb. Overall a beautiful plane. The RV-6A is very nice, but somehow the Maule has grown on me and is starting to push the RV into second place for me. :Nerd:
Really? Perhaps I need to fly the Maule some more, I know there are some missions for it I probably need to get on - but I really like that fast little RV6, I find it a blast to fly around in.

RV6 for sure...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Oddly enough, I like the Maule precisely because I can drop the hangar doors, throttle/pitch back, and loaf along casually for better sightseeing... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator