Sign in to follow this  
Rolfspan

Vancouver Airport

Hi all,One Airport that I am missing that fits in with the Orbx scenery is Vancouver. I would like to get one and I seem to have read somewhere that Holger had a hand in creating a terrific version. I thought that I would post the request for assistance in locating that airport here, just in case the non-comp clause rears it ugly head in the Orbx forum. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi all,One Airport that I am missing that fits in with the Orbx scenery is Vancouver. I would like to get one and I seem to have read somewhere that Holger had a hand in creating a terrific version. I thought that I would post the request for assistance in locating that airport here, just in case the non-comp clause rears it ugly head in the Orbx forum. Any guidance would be appreciated.
FS Dreamteam is coming out with one this Summer and will work with ORBX

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

One Airport that I am missing that fits in with the Orbx scenery is Vancouver. I would like to get one and I seem to have read somewhere that Holger had a hand in creating a terrific version. I thought that I would post the request for assistance in locating that airport here, just in case the non-comp clause rears it ugly head in the Orbx forum. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Hey, Rolf: Coupla guys that make most excellent sceneries for the area... the first is Don Grovestine, who makes CYYJ(2010) (Avsim Library file # cyyj_505_1.zip) , and actually makes a goodly number of airports arond the NRM area, so search on his name - you will be pleasantly surprised.The second names, are yes - Holger Sandeman and Jon Patch, who together built Vancouver+ - the entire area surround CYYJ - but not the airport. This is well worth the money, and fits right in to the PNW system. (http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=2476)Lastly comes Nigel Grant, who makes CYVR - Vancouver Intl. - a freeware airport, very nicely done, and fills in the poor default airport so that it too, fits into the OrbX/Vancouver+ sceneries. Avsim Library - cyvr5v+.zip

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

One question and I get a treasure trove of options.Paul and Josh, thank you very much. I'll have a look at this when I get home.Rolf

One question and I get a treasure trove of options.Paul and Josh, thank you very much. I'll have a look at this when I get home.Rolf
Hi Rolf,You are in the right place, this is the cream of the crop! :dirol:Kind regards,

Well "cheesy" may be closer.... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Rolf, as Stephen said you are in the right place here.Peoples here are answering questions or asking them nicely......Stephen is a prime example....... :(

I started out with Vancouver + and I am impressed. I till have to read the Manual :( but wow what scenery so far.Thank you for that recommendation.

Did I read that right? Vancouver+ vers3 is the city scenery MINUS the airport? Does it use the ORBX version then?

Just wanted to clarify that point? I note the links to the freeware improvements anyway and as it looks a good add-on anyway how is it as a frame rate hog?

I love detail but it's frustrating when the detail slows the sim. Once you start moving sliders back you begin to wonder why you paid for the extra detail?

Geoff

Edit due to brain faster than two fingers ;-)

Geoff Brown