Sign in to follow this  
quadraspleen

Curvature of the Earth

well? Which of the DLC planes will get you up there? Is there a weather baloon hidden somewhere? Or an SR-71 even?!

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

The ones who know won't tell, all other ones, including me of course don´t know.I don't think the dev team just put an aerocache at 85,000 ft to tease us, or to have us wait for DLC number X to accomplish it.I have walked all around Hickam AFB looking for an SR-71, no luck so far.

I don't think the dev team just put an aerocache at 85,000 ft to tease us
My thoughts exactly..must be some some serious metal around somewhere...or a balloon....

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

What other planes can reach that alttitude? 85'000 ft... aint that almost space?
Virgin Galactic's "space plane"?, space shuttle?....something we haven't seen yet? This achievement is a frustrating one.

I'm hoping for either a Blackbird, X-43 or X-52.If it ends up being a balloon, I'll be disappointed.

I won't. I'll hit E and do some freefall..

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I got within 2nm before I could climb any further which isn't saying much as that was only around 38k feet altitude. Double that is required to reach the location of that aerocache.

I was wondering the same thing for this. I think its a joke on us right now to mess with us but a maybe its a hint that they plan to release a sr-71 sometime. They better. Im looking forward to some big powerful planes. I might even feel like spending money on them as long as its not 15.99 a plane. Still think thats crazy for one plane.

I was wondering the same thing for this. I think its a joke on us right now to mess with us but a maybe its a hint that they plan to release a sr-71 sometime. They better. Im looking forward to some big powerful planes. I might even feel like spending money on them as long as its not 15.99 a plane. Still think thats crazy for one plane.
You can get a Carenado for 10 more bucks for the same amount of visual quality.

Brandon Filer

Still find comments like this funny when FSX aircraft are $25-$35. As long as the quality remains high (as in the RV-6 and Maule) 16$ for an aircraft is a great deal VS FSX.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I'm betting that if the SR-71 is offered as DLC, it won't have a cockpit. :DI paid $35 for a Carenado plane and ended up tweaking it as much as I did the stock Goose before I was happy with it. What's with developers who don't put adverse yaw in their planes, anyway? It's two freakin' numbers in the air file! Hint: those two number shouldn't be zero. Good news is I was able to figure out how to do it from that plane, and put adverse yaw in the Goose. That would have been worth $35 to me even if I didn't otherwise like the plane, and I did like it.On the other hand, $55 for a Dodosim 206 Jetranger was money well spent, with no tweaking necessary (or possible, I suspect).Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Still find comments like this funny when FSX aircraft are $25-$35. As long as the quality remains high (as in the RV-6 and Maule) 16$ for an aircraft is a great deal VS FSX.
Of course FSX planes are more expensive. On the other hand planes for RoF are $7.62 for single seaters with beautiful cockpits.Flight is different game than FSX, I don't think that FSX pricing rules apply here. At least for me.

Michał Puto

A2A Simulations | Blockhouse-C | Twitter

Couldn't agree more with you... Most forget completely how much they really spent on add-on aircraft for MSFS9,X, etc...The default aircraft in FLIGHT look as detailled and accurate as the top add-ons I ever had for FS9/FSX, including those from RealAir and A2A!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...