Sign in to follow this  
Big_Duke

Delta Down One -700

That's nothing... Ya'll should have seen the look on the face of the guy whose hanger is across from mine when on his 182 he: 1) failed to set the parking brake... 2) put about an inch of throttle in... and 3) proceeded to prop start his plane with nobody at the controls....After diving out of the way, he got to watch his beloved, unmanned C182 careen across our runway and groundloop into a bar ditch...

HA...this takes the term "testing the engines" to a whole new level.I think they proved the engines work.But it looks like it failed the anticollision test horribly!

Ouch...and that's N309DE. One of Delta's newest 73G's. It won't be written off, but it sure won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Yes, it will be interesting to find out the root cause analysis of this mishap when the investigation has finished. At least the sheeties will be getting overtime, replacing skins etc.

Regards

Darren Harband

Checklists, checklists, checklists!I actually have another maintenance mishap on my old phone. Colgan maintenance put a SAAB 340 in a ditch at IAD for similar issues.
They probably skipped checklists,when entered cold and dark cockpit,selected in fmc load ready for taxi panel state witch not include a parking brake-job done :( :(

On the upside, I guess the engines were working just fine.
Emphasis on "WERE" (ie: past tense)

picking up adrelanin they forgot about everything even to set the parking brake
Actually they did set the parking brake.http://forum.avsim.n...7-700-incident/It's funny how everyone, including the media, jumps to conclusions about the reasons before actually getting the facts.

It's funny how everyone, including the media, jumps to conclusions about the reasons before actually getting the facts.
Funny, but definitely not surprising. The media is the worst when it comes to the fact about aviation, unfortunately.

Kyle Rodgers

Actually they did set the parking brake.http://forum.avsim.n...7-700-incident/It's funny how everyone, including the media, jumps to conclusions about the reasons before actually getting the facts.
I wasn't serious about that parking brake,as you can see beginning and the rest of my comment is just a joke like many more comments in here,that was the media conclusion about the parking brake,cos they have to make their money with a hot stories,(they could even make a story that the 737 was equipped with boeing 777 engines and that why its roll like a rocket :()they made this conclusion just hours after accident of course that was just a guess without facts,every one know's here that the real cause of this accident may uncover only FAA,and that's what we been waiting for!