Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Scenery Mesh released!

There are already a few comparison shots in the Alaska Gallery :wink:https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10AlaskaHD

This is very interesting. Question. When the "experimental" tag is dropped from this project, do you plan to release HD mesh for other parts of the world? This bit I'm interested in is Scotland & Norway.

No, I have no plans on making this big around the world (nor does it make sense for all regions). I will maybe(!) add some regions as I have time (and motivation) .... thats all. Its a free thing which I do in my spare time. And you already got quite large parts of the planet to fly over for now :( ...And "experimental" ... well, thats only there to distract users who don't know what they are doing :( ! Everybody else should/can try it ... (and when I look at the access counters on the download site, there were almost 4000 downloads until now, and many people reporting that it works very well for them).

I can't download from those links at anything above 100k/s. That's going to take a looooong time

Alexis Mefano

Yes they are nice - but keep in mind that 32-bit memory address limit. High res, means more memory addresses and you might just run out.

I can't download from those links at anything above 100k/s. That's going to take a looooong time
Well, its a free service, so I think there not much more we can expect ... but still, it seems, a lot of people have already successfully downloaded it. So, be patient :((and I had 100 K/s for my upload too - took me almost 48 hours!).
Yes they are nice - but keep in mind that 32-bit memory address limit. High res, means more memory addresses and you might just run out.
Whom do you tell that? If you read my download site, then you will exactly this being mentioned ... And indeed, it will only be perfect, when we get 64bit X-Plane (which is being worked on by Laminar!),

Just for fun, I have added a HD Mesh Canary Islands (Ultra HD that is, with even higher mesh resolution - which really only works on islands, as they don't have much land mass to contribute to the filesize wink.png ). You can't miss it at the bottom of the download page:http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh/

The Canary Islands Mesh looks really good!! Is it possible to make a Rio de Janeiro - Brazil version of a High Res Mesh? The current one looks really bad like I already commented on this forum, maybe your high resolution version can improve that!

Alexis Mefano

Andras,This is really fantastic,Thank You very much for your hard work and Generosity with sharing it with the X-Plane Community.I'm really enjoying The Dense Forrest Replacement,It really adds a ton to the terrain.Cheers

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Well, I can't and won't promise anything ... I have some other projects ongoing, which I would like to concentrate in the future. But maybe, I will do - here and there - some additions to the HD Mesh (I will announce it then).