Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight PMDG Driver Now Available

James,

I talked to Steve about this a week ago and he started that creating 1 switch to do multi tasks was a lot of work, he would have to write the code for that in Simmconnect (I believe). I know you can make all the switches work but if you like me I do not have enought buttons or switches.

Terry

Is there a method for assigning a T8 switch to control the full movement of the APU start switch yet?

ie:

Switch On = APU ON + Start in the NGX

Switch Off = APU OFF in the NGX

All the best, and thank you Steve for this awesome long awaited driver.

I was about to jump in and say just send a CUSTOM value down of 3 and that will sort it out. However, after checking, the custom value 3 does work, the switch moves, but the APU doesn't actually start up...which is odd. Another one for the PMDG SDK issues list.

On top off that, whilst testing I found the the CUSTOM_WITH_OFF event which is the one you would have needed, actually doesn't send OFF, which is issue number two. So lets face it; you didn't stand a chance of making it work. LOL.

So, I've added a new Action called MOUSELEFTX2_WITH_OFF which sorts out the APU switch and anything else like it. I'll upload a new version later, once I'm sure I haven't broken anything, fixing the CUSTOM_WITH_OFF issue.

Best wishes

Steve

I was wondering, and I apologize in advance if this is mentioned in the thread, I read the document but didn't find an option to assign multiple events to one switch

Its possibly in the pipeline if people really need it. I haven't done it because there is only one light state for each button so each goflight control can only logically represent one function. Most people want it for toggling all the lights and there is an event for that, so if enough people scream for it, (and you are only the second) I might do it.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve,

Thank you for confirming that, I wondered if I was going mad. Sitting here playing just now trying to perform a similar function for the 'Seatbelt' switch and noticed that CUSTOM_WITH_OFF doesn't appear to work for that either, which fits with what you've just said.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for confirming that, I wondered if I was going mad. Sitting here playing just now trying to perform a similar function for the 'Seatbelt' switch and noticed that CUSTOM_WITH_OFF doesn't appear to work for that either, which fits with what you've just said.

Ok, it looks alright now. If you want to test it for me, PM me your email address and I'll send it over.

Stephen Munn

if enough people scream for it

I'm hardly going to scream as noone would hear ;) plus I'm far too grateful that we even have this driver to play with!... but.... if there were a way to turn on all 'window heat' switches with one button/switch and maybe a way to interpret the light data for four lights (all = light ON (or whatever)) then that would certainly save four precious switches/lights on the P8/T8 panel...... the same thing could apply for 'fuel pumps' I suppose.

Just a thought :)

I'm hardly going to scream as noone would hear ;) plus I'm far too grateful that we even have this driver to play with!... but.... if there were a way to turn on all 'window heat' switches with one button/switch and maybe a way to interpret the light data for four lights (all = light ON (or whatever)) then that would certainly save four precious switches/lights on the P8/T8 panel...... the same thing could apply for 'fuel pumps' I suppose.

Just a thought :)

I could probably create some custom events and data for things that people would like grouped as a cluster. That would be fairly simple to implement. So everyone, suggestions on a postcard please!

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

I'll bite...

Switches:

Fuel Pumps Main x4

Fuel Pumps Centre x 2

Window Heat x4

Pitot Heat x2

Elec Hydraulic pumps x2

Eng Hydraulic pumps x2

L Pack & R Pack x2

Eng Air Bleed 1&2 x 2

Rotary:

All Panel Lighting as One

All Flood Lighting as One

Lights:

Fuel Pumps Main Low Press x4

Fuel Pumps Centre Low Press x 2

Window Heat ON x4

Pitot Heat warnings (8)

Elec Hydraulic pumps Low Press x2

Eng Hydraulic pumps Low Press x2

I may have missed some combinations but those are probably the most useful. And there is a question of 'logic' for the light clusters I suppose (AND,OR,NOR).

Thank you thank you thank you Steve,

Switches:

Fuel Pumps Main x4

Fuel Pumps Centre x 2

Window Heat x4

Pitot Heat x2

Elec Hydraulic pumps x2

Eng Hydraulic pumps x2

L Pack & R Pack x2

Eng Air Bleed 1&2 x 2

Rotary:

All Panel Lighting as One

All Flood Lighting as One

Lights:

Fuel Pumps Main Low Press x4

Fuel Pumps Centre Low Press x 2

Window Heat ON x4

Pitot Heat warnings (8)

Elec Hydraulic pumps Low Press x2

Eng Hydraulic pumps Low Press x2

Ok, thats all done. Just sent you a release so you can test it before I release on Avsim.

GF46 Users:

The bug in GFDevFSX.exe for GF46 users if you remove all your entries from GFConfig has been identified by GoFlight and they are working on it. A new GoFlight software release will solve the problem, however it is not resolved in yesterdays release.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

I was going to add the Align rotary x2 to James's list, but boy you are quick. I don't have a rotary left for it anyways.

I did have a qn. Which is the Engine 1/2 GND/CONT/FLT switch/event? May be it's staring me in my face, but I can't figure it out!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

I was going to add the Align rotary x2 to James's list, but boy you are quick. I don't have a rotary left for it anyways.

I did have a qn. Which is the Engine 1/2 GND/CONT/FLT switch/event? May be it's staring me in my face, but I can't figure it out!!

I have added the IRU MSU Align Dials for you as a cluster.

The Button Event is EVT_OH_LIGHTS_L_ENGINE_START and EVT_OH_LIGHTS_R_ENGINE_START. Its what PMDG called them.

The Light Data is DATA_BTMOH_ENG_SWITCH_ENG_START_LEFT (..._RIGHT)

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Cheers Steve...I told ya, that thing is staring in my face and I missed it. I skipped only the Light section and looked all around, should've known better. It is after all part of the lights 2D panel.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Hi will there be chance that the GF-MCP (old one) will be able to use this progrm as well? Thanks

UPS123.png

Hi will there be chance that the GF-MCP (old one) will be able to use this progrm as well? Thanks

It supports both the MCP PRO and the MCP.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve - with the latest version you just emailed out a couple of hours ago, the EFIS range selectors still don't match up with their settings - it's still forced to 5-320 miles and I cannot get it to be 10-640 as on the hardware.

Many Thanks for your great software!!!!

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It supports both the MCP PRO and the MCP.

Best wishes

Steve

Thanks Steve!

UPS123.png