Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight PMDG Driver Now Available

Hi Everyone,Some of you may know that I committed to produce a driver for Goflight hardware and the PMDG NGX. This thread is to provide progress reports and support for the driver.The plans for the driver are as follows:1) Provide a very simple interface that allows all NGX functions to be accessable on Goflight hardware that users can configure;2) Allow data to be pushed to devices so that displays and lights function;3) Low cpu and memory usage with minimal lag;4) Completely stand alone requiring no 3rd party software such as FSUIPC;5) Very easy to use with no tweaking required;6) Directly links to the Goflight and PMDG Software Development Kits (SDK's).Update 1: 26/3/2012I promised an Alpha version of the driver for yesterday at the latest; unfortunately the "spit and polishing" took a little longer than expected, but an Alpha version is now available that supports the MCP PRO only.If you have an MCP PRO and you can spare some time over the next 12 hours and be willing to thoroughly test it out in attempt to break it and provide feedback, suggestions for improvement etc; please PM me at AVSIM with your operating system, CPU and CPU Speed and your email address to which I can send a zipped version of the program.Please take note that this is "fresh out of the oven" code, so it will probably have bugs and issues which may cause problems on your system. You are participating in the development process and accept the risks involved.Subject to no major issues I'll release a beta version on AVSIM this week, hopefully with EFIS support as well.Best wishes,Steve

Stephen Munn

Well, I found this thread late, but will have a look later tonight.BTW, FWIW, the hang on exit issue with your LUA script is probably fixed now, with the latest 4.8x FSUIPC.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

I too am a little late but will send you a PM anyways just in case.Thanks again for all your efforts.Adam

Just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the latest Alpha build.

Stephen Munn

Hey Steve - this is great news, and thanks for continuing your development! If you need someone to do testing, you'll recall I have the full GF airline setup w/dual EFIS. Just let me know. :(

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Steve,Would like to say thank you for producing drivers on behalf of all goflight MCP owners.Have not had the pleasure of testing out the driver as I to found this post late.Look forward to seeing it in action and future developments.

Thanks Steve!!!

I cant wait, my MCP=PRO/Efis is collecting alot dust. Great job!! thanks for your support.

David

Update 2: 3/4/2012

I'm currently waiting for feedback from the Alpha testers on a further release of the MCP PRO side of the driver. A number of issues were identified and have been resolved or work-arounds identified. With those issues and because of a recent family crisis, I'm running behind schedule, so I would expect something for Beta release next week.

Best wishes

Steve

Hey Steve - this is great news, and thanks for continuing your development! If you need someone to do testing, you'll recall I have the full GF airline setup w/dual EFIS. Just let me know. :smile:

I was going to ask you if you would try it once I had the code together; glad you'll help.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve, I had sent you a PM earlier, I will be more than happy to test it out, if you need.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Hey Steve - this is great news, and thanks for continuing your development! If you need someone to do testing, you'll recall I have the full GF airline setup w/dual EFIS. Just let me know.

I was going to ask you if you would try it once I had the code together; glad you'll help.

Best wishes

Steve

Yes, Steve, I'd be glad to try it out. I am also going thru a major family crisis (aftermath of my dad's death in March that will go for at least 6 mos), so my testing times will be limited.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your family crisis.

Don't push to hard mate Family comes first this is only flight sim it can wait.

When your back on top of things I have 6 hours a night of free time to test.

More than happy to help where possable

Hi Steve,

You're doing a fantastic job. Gr8. This driver gonna be a big step forward in controling the 737 NGX GF MCP PRO;

Can't hardly wait.

Update 3: 8/4/2012

Solved some major bugs in the code and getting some positive reports back from the testers. Only niggles remain on the MCP PRO front and the initial release of the EFIS code will be complete tomorrow, ready for feedback from the Alpha testers.

Some pictures to wet your appetite:

Capture.png

Capture-1.png

Stephen Munn

Looks absolutely promising!! I see you have taken care to map the other P8/T8's too, a thorough job indeed...cheers Steve!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead