all working now you were write of course

I followed step 6 but copied in wrong as in I had

[sDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1 fixed now thank you

I now have this and works all good

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

I think this whole topic needs to be made a sticky

cheers

Excellent. That very issue had me stumped for quite a while during the Alpha testing. :Just Kidding:

Stephen Munn

Could be a power problem. Have you tried it directly into your PC or via a powered hub?

i have connected the mcpro directly into the pc, i notice when the pc boots up all the displays on the mcpro display for a couple of seconds

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

i have connected the mcpro directly into the pc, i notice when the pc boots up all the displays on the mcpro display for a couple of seconds

Hi Jim,

If the device is still being unrecognised in Windows, I would try a different USB port. If it still shows unrecognised, I would go into Device Manager and attempt to install/reinstall the device driver on the unrecognised device. If that fails, I think a post at the GoFlight forum or ring their technical support may be the answer because it could be a hardware fault since you haven't used it in along time.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Steve,

the device worked absolutely fine until I started tuning the ADF on the GP-46, then the driver crashed. Then no amount of restart from the driver or exiting and restarting GFDevFSX, which usually resolves problems, helped...I just continued without any GF after that, which is usually not the case, as atleast radios work...I will see if it recurs later today, but just thot I will add what I saw. MCP PRo is directly connected to the computer, the rest are thru hubs.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Steve,

the device worked absolutely fine until I started tuning the ADF on the GP-46, then the driver crashed. Then no amount of restart from the driver or exiting and restarting GFDevFSX, which usually resolves problems, helped...I just continued without any GF after that, which is usually not the case, as atleast radios work...I will see if it recurs later today, but just thot I will add what I saw. MCP PRo is directly connected to the computer, the rest are thru hubs.

Hi,

I've just tried to recreate your problem and I can't. The ADF worked fine on my GP-46 with the interface. What error message did you get or what did you experience?

I have on occasion experienced problems if I unplug my whole batch of Goflight devices with FSX running. This seems to put FSX in a runaway situation and everything grinds to a halt with or without my driver running. I'm wondering if something like that occurred due to loose connections or underpowered hubs etc?

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

If the device is still being unrecognised in Windows, I would try a different USB port. If it still shows unrecognised, I would go into Device Manager and attempt to install/reinstall the device driver on the unrecognised device. If that fails, I think a post at the GoFlight forum or ring their technical support may be the answer because it could be a hardware fault since you haven't used it in along time

turns out the usb cable wasnt connected properly into the mcpro,works perfectly now, thanks for all your hard work producing the interface its good to be flying with the mcpro again.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi,

I've just tried to recreate your problem and I can't. The ADF worked fine on my GP-46 with the interface. What error message did you get or what did you experience?

I have on occasion experienced problems if I unplug my whole batch of Goflight devices with FSX running. This seems to put FSX in a runaway situation and everything grinds to a halt with or without my driver running. I'm wondering if something like that occurred due to loose connections or underpowered hubs etc?

Best wishes

Steve

No error messages, just the error that the driver stopped working. I am familiar with the unplugging and replugging bringing the sim to a grinding halt, that's why I didn't continue with it. But what was new that none of GF modules came back after the GFDevFSX module. I usually leave the MCP out as it is mostly the culprit. The hubs are all individually powered and 2.0, but the MCP is on the front port of the desktop (more than 6 yrs old), might be a 1.1, but anywhere else, it goes berserk. I will do some more testing.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

No error messages, just the error that the driver stopped working. I am familiar with the unplugging and replugging bringing the sim to a grinding halt, that's why I didn't continue with it. But what was new that none of GF modules came back after the GFDevFSX module. I usually leave the MCP out as it is mostly the culprit. The hubs are all individually powered and 2.0, but the MCP is on the front port of the desktop (more than 6 yrs old), might be a 1.1, but anywhere else, it goes berserk. I will do some more testing.

What crashed GFDevSDK.exe or GoFlight PMDG NGX Interface.exe? If its my driver, you should have the option to get more details, please do that if you can recreate the problem.

Lets see if anyone else reports similiar issues. If you can document how to recreate the problem, I'll try it.

Stephen Munn

What crashed GFDevSDK.exe or GoFlight PMDG NGX Interface.exe? If its my driver, you should have the option to get more details, please do that if you can recreate the problem.

Lets see if anyone else reports similiar issues. If you can document how to recreate the problem, I'll try it.

I clicked ok or cancel (can't recall which) after I got the error message...I will try to recreate the problem and will update here if it recurs. Where, other than the screen message, should I look for any log or messages?

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

I'm assuming by lagging, you mean the displays are behind whats in the VC?

Can you tell me if you have an affinitymask set in fsx.cfg e.g.:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask = 14

The reason I ask is that if all 4 cores are being used, it won't leave much cpu capacity for external addons. I always recommend only to use 3 cores for FSX.

It may also be that FSX was under pressure and couldn't send the data fast enough, Next time it happens, check your FPS and/or CPU usage and let me know whats happening.

The other thing you could do (and its something I'm thinking of adding to the interface) is increase the priority of the interface to High using task manager or another tool.

Hey Steve, yes the displays periodically lag behind the VC. But when the display lag happens, the MCP seems to work fine the other way, controlling the VC. I am using an Affinity of 14, yes. So I'll keep an eye on the procs when it happens again. I'm running a pretty beefy machine (i5 2500K OC to 4.8 GHz, plenty of memory, and SSD drives) but with lots of addons, it could be it, I'll also give the task scheduler priority thing a try. Will let you know.

Tony

Steve, did one more flight, this one pretty much conked out right away, it was the GF-P8 which has keys mapped to the GF-46 functions. Couldn't recover it after that. I am sending you the detail message from the event viewer in PM.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot

Steve, did one more flight, this one pretty much conked out right away, it was the GF-P8 which has keys mapped to the GF-46 functions. Couldn't recover it after that. I am sending you the detail message from the event viewer in PM.

OK, now I understand. I obviously did not fully disable P8 support in the BETA before publishing. P8 activity is being picked up but has no objects to process against. I'll work on full P8 support today and release a new version.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve,

Needed a "night off" last night, so I was very pleased to see your GF interface software posted on AVSIM. It worked great for me. Thanks for all of your hard effort!

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

OK, now I understand. I obviously did not fully disable P8 support in the BETA before publishing. P8 activity is being picked up but has no objects to process against. I'll work on full P8 support today and release a new version.

Thanks

Steve

Oops, my bad. I shud've remembered that as you mentioned it here clearly. I will keep my hands away from P8 and 46 too, just in case.

One thing to add, even though the modules fail to respond, any changes to the MCP from the sim reflect in the hardware, you just cant change them in the hardware itself.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot