Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight PMDG Driver Now Available

Not yet, but things are going prettty well. I think everyone will be delighted with this application.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

I wonder why this topic is "Now" available, when it should be "soon available", and changed to Now when ready. Steve should just do like microsoft and release it, and have more people "testing" :)

/Baudie

I wonder why this topic is "Now" available, when it should be "soon available", and changed to Now when ready. Steve should just do like microsoft and release it, and have more people "testing" :)

/Baudie

Because I'm doing this in my spare time on my own. Any more than a handful of testers would result in me being swamped with reports, support requests and duplicate information leaving me minimal time time to actually develop the program.

It will be going public Beta shortly, but only when myself and the testing group feel that its operating correctly.

As for title. I did at the point believe it wasn't far off being released, however the tenacity of the testing team proved me wrong.

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve

Sorry if my joke about microsoft came out wrong. I really appreciate your work and knows you just want it to work properly. I don't think the microsoft way is any good and thought it would be obvious.

Looking so much forward to trying this and a huge thank your way for doing this when GoFlight and PMDG can't make the ends meet.

/Baudie

Hi Stevo and testing team,

Any updates on progress for this driver?

Getting more and more excited knowing that I will be able to use my mcp and efis with the PMDG

Cheers

Hi,

I have just uploaded the BETA release onto the AVSIM file library. Its called "GoFlight PMDG NGX Interface".

Please read the installation instructions carefully and if you have any problems please post them here and I'll do my best to help you out.

I hoped to ship it with GFP8 support as well, but some last minute problems caused me to disable that part of the interface - so you will see it disabled and showing P8's as zero but that is nothing to worry about.

Have fun!

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

that's fantastic news

looking forward to trying it tonight

A big thank you to you stevo

Steve, gotta thank you for your hard work. Really nice job! Installation was smooth and everything looks like it's working wonderfully. I'm running the older version of the MCP/EFIS so I had to up the MCP command time a bit. Still get a little lag every now and then, but it catches up again which is fine by me. Just thankful to have all the buttons and switches working!

Tony

Works like a charm...both the EFIS and MCPPRO...a mighty mighty thanks!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

tried the driver and interace out for the first time

Not sure if this write or what stage the interface is upto.

finding that the displays in pmdg are reacting to my imputs but the display on the actual golfight mcp are not reacting at all.

Has anyone elde come up agaist this

I have a25 firmware for the mcp.

your help would be greatly appreicated

Your problem is detailed in known issues in the userguide. You have to restart Fsx and the interface.

Stephen Munn

not used the mcppro since fs9, connected the mcpro to my pc got message usb not recognised, started up gfconfig2.3 but no goflight modules connected any help please.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

tried to restart interface and fsx no joy there

Sounds like you have not enabled the SDK option in PMDG options. (Step 6 in the userguide).

not used the mcppro since fs9, connected the mcpro to my pc got message usb not recognised, started up gfconfig2.3 but no goflight modules connected any help please.

Could be a power problem. Have you tried it directly into your PC or via a powered hub?

Steve, gotta thank you for your hard work. Really nice job! Installation was smooth and everything looks like it's working wonderfully. I'm running the older version of the MCP/EFIS so I had to up the MCP command time a bit. Still get a little lag every now and then, but it catches up again which is fine by me. Just thankful to have all the buttons and switches working!

Tony,

I'm assuming by lagging, you mean the displays are behind whats in the VC?

Can you tell me if you have an affinitymask set in fsx.cfg e.g.:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask = 14

The reason I ask is that if all 4 cores are being used, it won't leave much cpu capacity for external addons. I always recommend only to use 3 cores for FSX.

It may also be that FSX was under pressure and couldn't send the data fast enough, Next time it happens, check your FPS and/or CPU usage and let me know whats happening.

The other thing you could do (and its something I'm thinking of adding to the interface) is increase the priority of the interface to High using task manager or another tool.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn