Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight PMDG Driver Now Available

PM me your email address and I'll send you the latest build.

Best wishes

Steve

Just sent to you both.

Best wishes

Steve

Thanks Steve, Got it and will test tonight.

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

Hi Steve - latest build keeps resetting my EFIS controls to blank/disabled....I have to re-enable them each time I run the app. Going back to previous build (dated 4/27 BETA2). At this time, I don't bother using the two RF48s or P8, and I use the GConfig software to configure my two T8 modules.

Thanks for your hard work and keeping me in the loop w/each release!

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Steve - latest build keeps resetting my EFIS controls to blank/disabled....I have to re-enable them each time I run the app. Going back to previous build (dated 4/27 BETA2). At this time, I don't bother using the two RF48s or P8, and I use the GConfig software to configure my two T8 modules.

Jim

Hi Jim

I acknowledge that you now have to pick a device on the EFIS tab for the tab to become enabled, but are your devices actually disabled? Just because the tab is greyed out doesn't mean they are disabled.

Let me know.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve - no, I just have to pick both of them each time, which is a bit of a nuisance...preferred them to stay "active" once set that way from the initial setup.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Steve, Got it and will test tonight.

All good now thanks Steve.

Any chance we will revert to "set & forget" or is picking them each time just a fact of life?

Jim

Jim,

Using this for the T8's is way better than GF software for me.

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

Hi Steve - no, I just have to pick both of them each time, which is a bit of a nuisance...preferred them to stay "active" once set that way from the initial setup.

Thanks,

Jim

Ok, Jim I think I know whats happened. The EFIS code has been rewritten so it now uses the same generic classes and routines as the T8's, P8's etc in preperation for making the interface support the 777 and 747. The EFIS Config property is not updating the underpinning device state, which is easily fixed. I'll issue a new version this evening.

Best wishes

Steve

Any chance we will revert to "set & forget" or is picking them each time just a fact of life?

If you mean the saved configuation settings, it is set and forget. The problem is because its beta code and the underpinning stuff is changing a fair bit in readiness to support the 777 and 747 and this keeps making your old settings file invalid.

Stephen Munn

Ok, Jim I think I know whats happened. The EFIS code has been rewritten so it now uses the same generic classes and routines as the T8's, P8's etc in preperation for making the interface support the 777 and 747. The EFIS Config property is not updating the underpinning device state, which is easily fixed. I'll issue a new version this evening.

Best wishes

Steve

If you mean the saved configuation settings, it is set and forget. The problem is because its beta code and the underpinning stuff is changing a fair bit in readiness to support the 777 and 747 and this keeps making your old settings file invalid.

Ah that all makes sense Steve,no biggie anyway.. just super happy the goflight can be used now :biggrin:

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

Hi Steve,

Just noticed on the last build you sent me, on the MCP the left hand F/D & A/T Arm lights are reversed, that is the light comes on when the switches are in the "off" position.

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

Hi Steve,

Just noticed on the last build you sent me, on the MCP the left hand F/D & A/T Arm lights are reversed, that is the light comes on when the switches are in the "off" position.

Hi Graham,

Its already fixed. The FD lights were not correct in any previous build. I hadn't noticed that both FD lights are never on in the NGX. I now read the actual NGX FD light and not the switch state, so all is good and correct now. I'll be issuing a new version shortly, hopefully with MCP support as well.

Best wishes

Steve

Steve:

Any hopes the mcp (not the pro) will be supported?

Thanks

Chemanuel

Hi Chemanuel,

I have an Alpha release of code that now supports the MCP. Do you care to try it out and help me debug the code?

Thx

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve, YES! it will be a pleasure, just let me know how can I get it.

thanks,

Chemanuel

Hi,

Does anyone own a WP6 and fancy alpha testing my interface on it?

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Munn

Update 5: 5/5/2010

Beta 3 has just been uploaded to the Avsim file library. Key improvements:

- Core code has been rewritten with generic classes in readiness for integrating with the 777 and 747

- MESM support

- EFIS data available for lighting events;

- Parking Brake light available for lighting events;

- MOUSE action events are ignored when switches are synced on T8's so that NGX switch state is maintained;

- Fixed deadlock situation if GoFlight Worker Thread fails;

- Fixed array out of bound error for MCP owners;

- Fixed MCP activity detection;

- Log tab goes bold when new logging events occur;

- WP6 support added (not tested)

- Error reporting added for model view;

- Fixed RP48 not responding issue;

- Fixed settings not being restored after restart;

- Aircraft loaded displayed on front screen;

- Optimised the GoFlight lighting routine. Note that you now need to save your settings and click restart before the lighting works correctly

- Numerous other fixes and optimisations.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Hello Steve

Attempts to copy the user.config settings from Beta 2 were unsuccessful. Guess this is part of the "joy" of Betas.

Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Hello Steve

Attempts to copy the user.config settings from Beta 2 were unsuccessful. Guess this is part of the "joy" of Betas.

Claude

Future versions will be fine though. Its because the data types changed whilst I recoded things ready for the 747 and 777.

Stephen Munn