Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Forum Runner

Its not working any more.Remote server sent out an unknown response.Any ideas?

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that someone from Avsim indicated that the maker of Forum Runner has to update the program in response to the latest update of the forum software. In any case, I hope that it's fixed soon. I bought Forum Runner only to access Avsim on my iPad, and although I can use TapaTalk, I much prefer Forum Runner.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Correct ^ TapaTalk should be working now but Forum Runner is still in need of a update by its developers.

-_-First Tapatalk wasn't working properly, then I saw post to use Forum Runner, so I bought it, now even that is not working...At least their support was fast in answering a question about Participated not being sorted, that they will put an option to sort by timestamp. That was more than a week ago though... they answer fast, but the update is nowhere near in sight.And now I can't even open the Full Version of the website in the Safari. It gives me mobile version only. And besides, that with the mobile version is really annoying. Can't I somehow choose NEVER to use the mobile version?I'm surfing so many forums on my iPhone, usually many of those hardware ones (Hardforum, Hardwareluxx, OCN...), and only AVSIM is giving me troubles :sad:

Sorry about the bad timing with those apps. I think they're both great and own both of them myself and can't wait for them to be restored.As for the mobile skin, I'm not too sure what happened with that. The good news though is we're looking into it and it's on the list of things to-do. Thank you for being patient with our upgrade!

I only purchased forum ruuner for Avsim as well!Hope it's fixed soon.

I'll try to take a look at it tonight and see what's going on.FYI for all ForumRunner users, no update as of right now when I checked. We're waiting on the Dev to make the update for IPB 3.30http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5270#post5270

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Any word on this? I am getting a Parse Error. This is the only site I use with Forum Runner ... or the only reason I picked up this app.

Benjamin Van Eps

A month or so ago we removed this program from our supported apps since they were taking way too long to make an update to support us.

I see - well, I have certainly wasted a lot more than 2.99 before so no worries on that.

Thanks for the update.

I will look for a better tool. TapTalk perhaps?

Benjamin Van Eps

I have just installed the latest update to ForumRunner. Can someone confirm that it is working?

I don't know about FR, but Tapatalk is working great currently. Also Participated tab is now working and sorting topics alright.

I don't know about FR, but Tapatalk is working great currently. Also Participated tab is now working and sorting topics alright.

Yeah, I updated TapaTalk a while back, so it should be good.

I have just installed the latest update to ForumRunner. Can someone confirm that it is working?

As far as I can tell, it's working perfectly. Thanks, Tom. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)