Sign in to follow this  
roels21

Are you sure about that?

Ceri,

Before you re-install, I want you to do this:

Open this file with Notepad:

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini

Do you see this line at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

I'm wondering if that somehow got deleted.

Thanks Brian, i will have a look and get back to you. Ended up threatening my F/O and the ground crew with the sack after they messed my pushback back and then they started behaving. Didn't know they recognised so many swear words LOL.

Regards

Ceri

I have this problem as well sometimes and I think I've managed to locate the fix (for my case, at least). I'll start by describing my observation on the issue.

The first sign for me that something is off is if the fs2crew PA graphic button panel does not show up when you have your intercoms set up and click the far right 'PA' button in the VC. When this is the case, I know the FO is going to act drunk and/or dumb for the rest of the flight and I might as well restart. He will do his flows normally as far as I can see, but during the preflight checklist he will insist that window heat is off when it is indeed on and do the same for one or more items. During the before start cheklist he will insist that the CDU preflight is not done and the anti-col light is off, regardless of their state.

He will not start the engines because "we are not configured for that", so I start them myself. When both engines are started and stable I have to manually switch down to the next flow/checklist item ('TO flaps' in this case) and say "Flaps 5". He will then report "Takeoff flaps set" but he will not start his B.taxi flow so I have to switch generators, set the aircon, turn on pitot heat/anti-ice and turn off the APU myself. He will then move on normally to the B.taxi checklist and that one has worked fine for me so far. Fast forward to the takeoff roll with everything working fine in between, he calls both V1 and Vr way too early and the fs2crew panel switches to "initial climb" while I still might have 10-40kts to go for Vr with a heavy load.

His after takeoff and 10k climb/desc flows are all good, same with checklists. The only hitch while in the air is that I can't use him to set anything on the MCP as he will, by magic, start the value at 0 and go infinitely upwards. Which means that using him to increase altitude altitude from TL 7000ft to 21000ft during initial climb results in the plane snapping down to level off while vnav disconnects. His adjustments of flaps, radio freq. and gear up/down are all good.

What works for me:

After a lot of problem free flights recently, until today, I am pretty convinced that loading the fs2crew panel (which intializes voice recognition) BEFORE switching to the 3D cockpit prevents the problem I'm having. I read this in another thread here a while ago which I think is buried by now. Test it by seeing if the VC 'PA' button actually brings up the fs2crew PA panel. That's how it seemingly works for me anyway. I uninstalled the old fs2crew before reinstalling the SP1c for 8-900 and 6-700 before installing the new fs2crew SP1 the day it was released.

I hope this helps at least some other experiencing similar issues. I use exclusively the B738 out of the NGX models because of my virtual airline and the problem does not seem to be related with airport, time of day or any other factors, but I'll pay extra attention the next few flights to confirm what I've just written. I use EZdok (I load the flight with EZdok off and start EZdok after fs2crew is loaded to get into the VC) and GSX and a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.81. I can also confirm that "EnableDataBroadcast=1" is present in the .ini-file.

-Steffen M

I can reproduce this issue now.

On my system at least, I do not need to load the FS2Crew Panel before switching to the VC.

So my experience is different from Steffan's.

The only way I can reproduce this issue is by "Resetting" the flight via the FSX menu.

So, if I load the NGX normally directly from Free Flight, everything works.

But, after the NGX loads, if I click "Reset", then I get the 'are you sure about that" stuff.

Ceri,

Before you re-install, I want you to do this:

Open this file with Notepad:

Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\737NGX_Options.ini

Do you see this line at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

I'm wondering if that somehow got deleted.

Hi Brian,

That entry was still there before i reinstalled. I reinstalled last night and flew LOWI-EGKK offline with no issues whatsoever so thanks. Tried to fly EGKK-EGPH this morning on Vatsim and lost all my PMDG 737NGX sounds though squawkbox and FS2crew sounds were still there, i had no way of bringing the aircraft sounds back, i think i've had this before though and i think its a ngx issue. Is there a limit to how many programs can be using the sound channels at once? I have Fs2crew and Squawkbox going through my headset and all other sounds through my speakers. It worked after resetting the aircraft.

I have to say that fs2crew and vatsim together make an awesome experience on the NGX.

Thanks

Ceri

I reinstalled last night and flew LOWI-EGKK offline with no issues whatsoever so thanks

Great!

Is there a limit to how many programs can be using the sound channels at once?

Generally no... it may have been a one off thing.

A huge chunk of our users actively use Squawkbox, Ivao, etc.

I suppose if you're using a weak onboard sound card on a laptop, you could overload your on board sound card theoretically.

There appears to be an issue with the NGX stopping the sending of data via SimConnect when the flight is reloaded/restarted.

Read about this on FSUIPC forum. Apparently the issue has been reported to PMDG and maybe Pete Dowson can find an answer.

There appears to be an issue with the NGX stopping the sending of data via SimConnect when the flight is reloaded/restarted.

Read about this on FSUIPC forum. Apparently the issue has been reported to PMDG and maybe Pete Dowson can find an answer.

I'm aware of this issue, and I think I (sorta) found a way around it in Version 1.2.

my copilot says that to but thats ok he just want to make sure i have remembered all things :Just Kidding: after many days with this program i just love it.

Great!

Generally no... it may have been a one off thing.

A huge chunk of our users actively use Squawkbox, Ivao, etc.

I suppose if you're using a weak onboard sound card on a laptop, you could overload your on board sound card theoretically.

Hi Brian,

No its a creative x-fi gamer on my desktop but i guess it was just unlucky, flew today on vatsim with squawkbox etc running and no issues whatsoever

Thanks

Ceri