Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Me and my...

Please, at least be sincere. Your words are very clear:

"There is no freedom of speech here, as some people think. This forum should be a fun place for FSX lovers and imho that fun should be protected and if that means that lots of negative posts will be removed without notice: AVSIM has my approval."

"There is no freedom of speech here, as some people think. This forum should be a fun place for X-Plane lovers and imho that fun should be protected and if that means that lots of negative posts will be removed without notice: AVSIM has my approval."

"There is no freedom of speech here, as some people think. This forum should be a fun place for FS9 lovers and imho that fun should be protected and if that means that lots of negative posts will be removed without notice: AVSIM has my approval."

I agree with your original words and the revised versions above. Does that mean there's something wrong with me?

Comon. Tell me where it's located (the hangar). I promise not to fly through it inverted...

Well, I found it.

I actually asked Luis to move his Mustang because I need to do some FBO maintenance on my Stearman.

When Luis discloses the location, please invite me. I must see the inverted fly-by.

I make music on my PC and I use Cakewalk's Sonar Producer 8.5.

Hey I use Sonar, too. I have X1, but still find myself going back to 8.5 for its relative ease of use. I also still use Project 5, version 2.5, which I like a lot. I've been using Cakewalk products since Cakewalk Pro Audio version 8 (late 90's).

Sorry to be off topic (not talking about Flight, but I've done a lot of that, so..)

Debate is a zero sum game. In order for someone to win, someone else has to lose. And there have to be winners and losers unless it's to be a draw, in which case there are no winners at all.

Discussion is not a zero sum game. In discussion it's possible for everyone to win.

Discussion does not mean everyone agrees. A lack of agreement does not turn a discussion into a debate. This idea is the sort of rhetorical trick used by debaters to win at all costs. Truth doesn't matter in a debate, only winning.

Personally, I prefer to avoid zero sum games.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I am not willing to do that, so I have asked to be removed as a moderator.

Just wanted to say that I am very sorry to hear that Arwen, as your views are very balanced and reasonable. It is a real loss for this community.

I can't say that I blame you tho. This forum is so much more enjoyable when you have the option to ignore threads. And lets be honest, 75% of what is posted is a rehash of the same dead horse that has been beaten for months now.

Have a good break, hope to see you back as a "civilian" soon.

Actually, in the break between major releases, most forums revert to "chat rooms" where screenshots and videos are exchanged, inconsequential matters are discussed, old issues are rehashed, and generally the place becomes a stereotypical village square.

I hope things will rev back to normal when Alaska is released, leaving less "idle hands"

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sorry about the confusion here, Honestly, I am also a bit confused about what has happened over the past few days . . . and why it happened.

This is my (limited, and likely bias) understanding:

I posting that I agreed completely with what a member posted in another thread, about the direction that Flight (and this forum) were apparently heading. And the post was not very flattering to either. I also stated that if Flight did not begin expanding on its simulation aspects (as opposed to just the gaming aspects), that I would not be staying with Flight, but would move on (this would happen sometime in the distant future, if I ever felt that Flight would never be anything more than a simplified flightsim/game).

Then I was criticized by some of Flight's biggest fans for posting such anti-Flight thoughts, and was told that a moderator was held to "higher standards." I was accused of "no longer liking Flight," and my position as a moderator was questioned. And it went downhill from there.

The last sentence of the "Rules and Conditions" of the Flight forum is "Your post can only be a request for support, a hint or help for others, or a resource for other FLIGHT enthusiasts to use." This has NEVER been strictly enforced here, yet I am now told that I must strictly adhere to it. Yet when I tried to apply those exact same rules and conditions to this new thread (because the original post did not meet the above rules), my post was removed/hidden.

So I have now concluded that the Flight forum "Rules and Conditions" do not apply to post that praise/promote Flight, but only to the posts that criticize Flight. I am a firm believer in treating people as equals, and respecting the opinions of others . . . even ones that I personally disagree with. So I have always tried to be fair and unbiased as a moderator, but now I feel like I am being asked to allow Flight fans to post just about anything, while pretty much restricting any post that criticizes anything about Flight. This doesn't mean that I approve of (or have allowed) posts that just flame Flight.

I am not willing to do that, so I have asked to be removed as a moderator.

I am sorry for you leaving Flight as a moderator..but very principled move. Bravo for your courage.

I make music on my PC and I use Cakewalk's Sonar Producer 8.5. I could have used Cubase too, but I like Sonar more. Now guess which forum I visit: the Sonar forum or the Cubase forum...?

Cakewalk released a new version called Sonar X1. I don't like it and I don't need it. Cakewalk has seperate forums for Sonar Producer and Sonar X1. Now guess which forum I visit: the Sonar Producer forum or the Sonar X1 forum...?

Now let's bring it a bit closer. I love Flight and it's my main GA sim right now. I don't fly in FSX at all anymore (although I still have it installed for the PMDG 737NGX). Now guess which forum I visit: the MS Flight forum or the FSX forum...?

How many people who don't like Flight post about their dislikes on the Flight forum and how many people who DO like Flight post about that on the FSX forum?

This is how I see it. You like something and you want to talk about it. Share experiences, tips, hints, fun things to do, but also problems you have with it, be it technical or whatever. So you go to a forum to find people who also like what you like and you have a great time talking about it. Sometimes discussion may get heated because, as always, opinions may be different. But that's not a problem because you are all LIKE the subject of the forum.

If you visit a forum because you do NOT like the subject of it, you are there for the wrong reasons... SImple as that.

I see that Arwen posted something in the meantime. If you read the "Rules and conditions' well you see exactly what I am talking about above: this forum is for other FLIGHT enthusiasts. That says it all crystal clear. This forum just like any other forum, is created for people who LIKE the subject. Not for those who do not play it or don't like it or whatever.

It's quite simple, really... It is so simple that I even understand and don't mind that posts from fans are allowed and posts from haters are moderated earlier. It's logical. There is no harm in being enthusiastic about something, but there is harm is not liking the subject of the forum. There is no harm in simply posting 'I love those shadows' but there is harm in simply posting 'The shadows suck'. Again, the forum is meant for enthusiasts. There is no freedom of speech here, as some people think. This forum should be a fun place for Flight lovers and imho that fun should be protected and if that means that lots of negative posts will be removed without notice: AVSIM has my approval.

I don't come here everyday to read CRAP but to talk about my beloved hobby.

Oh come on JVE, this sounds exactly like something JV would say.......I thought you were better than that?

It's not hard to understand that ms have royally screwed a longstanding franchise and people are annoyed.

Your Cakewalk analogy makes no sense. Flight has potential but if everyone sits around being a happy clapper with no criticism or feature requests then how will anyone ever be able to progress beyond FSX? Everyone is supposed to be happy that it's the dead end for a real simulator. We should just be happy with the dumbed down version that is being spoon fed to the masses? A future with zero 3rd party addons?

I'm not a Flight hater, I just don't care for where it is right now or where it appears to be going. As a Flight Simulator in general fan, I should be allowed to post my concerns wherever I choose as long as I am not rude or insulting.

The amount of complaining over the years in the FS2000/20002/2004/FSX forums makes this look like childs play but nobody ever suggested banning people or restricting usage.

Arwen,

I have been a full supporter of your views. "I got your back"!

Stan