Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reason

your choice - 757s

Guest Reason

they are QW757, CS757 and PSS757. The CS has the modest price, Amazon still has the DVD edition since I prefer DVD to download. I know it ain't wise taking people's words just like that especially in cyberworld but just I accidentally found this thread when trying to compare to other 757s

http://forum.avsim.n...757-do-not-buy/

this is like that "gangster" one but I guess this OP wasn't making things up.. is that true?

I decided not to buy any add ons but when reading the review and knowing the friendly price, CS should be good, yes? and i'm a bit confused with "block" and does the fs9 version come up with 300 and Freighters?

Regards

Get the QW and the PSS 757 and leave the CS one alone.

That one looks pretty but can't even fly a VOR approach.

Guest Reason

Get the QW and the PSS 757 and leave the CS one alone.

That one looks pretty but can't even fly a VOR approach.

hey thanks for replying, so they haven't fixed much? And do you also experienced the bug yourself? The reason why I posted here in the forum is to rely on users' experience

I think you should find a more recent thread about the CS757, that one is close to 2 years old, CS has made a some 757 updates since then.

Regards.

Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

If you have the boxed version from just flight, no support is given by CS!!!!!

Also you have then to download the updates from JF site. CS didn't gave their latest update to JF due to an argument between the 2 companies.

John

John Cramer

CS has made a some 757 updates since then.

But only on the FSX version. Unfortunately they stopped supporting FS9 a long time ago.

Which, by the way, is one of the logical reasons not to recommend buying it.

I've got all three, and taken as a whole, the QW is my favorite. It's deep enough system-wise to be interesting, has the best external model by far, and is still supported by the developer.

John G.

Guest Reason

Thank you guys. Now I get it, the update is meant for fsx and as Rafal said they only supported fsx only..too bad, I was so excited about CS.

QW is often mentioned but the "complexity..simplified" philosophy halts me to look deeper. Isn't PSS 757 the last product they released before they quit? Maybe they saved the "best" for last?

Thank you guys. Now I get it, the update is meant for fsx and as Rafal said they only supported fsx only..too bad, I was so excited about CS.

QW is often mentioned but the "complexity..simplified" philosophy halts me to look deeper. Isn't PSS 757 the last product they released before they quit? Maybe they saved the "best" for last?

I like the PSS 757 - the systems are well done and it flys very well. Graphics are primative in the VC compared to more modern models, but I don't use the VC much and it doesn't bother me. The QW model is stunning, but the systems implementation is really not quite what you'll find in the real plane, although it is fun and very flyable. I've got both of them and find that I fly the PSS version more than the QW...

DJ

Hi

Although I personally have had no experience with the PSS 757, I have had the CS versionn for some years and bought the QW version last year after reading various reviews. Since then I have hardly flown the CS 757 as the QW version is so good in comparison. CS, although potentially having a great product in their 757, have let themselves down by not paying as much attention as they should have to the systems on this simulation and even more so by their somewhat arrogant lack of support which has been a seriously negative feature of this company throughout it's existence!

Bill

Agree with Scott, I have PSS and CS (bought the latter in their sale just to see what it offered ) . CS is great for eye candy and the visuals but systems etc do not seem compare with PSS - particularly when you consider how long ago the PSS v1.3 was produced.

Now I wonder if BBX will get the 757 out in FSX before LDS (the old PSS beta still works fine in FSX ......... Hint)??

John R

I'll throw my vote in for the PSS (Although merged with the POSKY external), Stay as far away from the CS offering as you can.

I've often thought PSS should've just produced panels as they are works of art. :Thinking:

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I use the QW model with the PSS panel and PSS flight dynamics which I have corrected.

Leave the CS 757 for fs9 alone.

Trevor

Thought I would ask, has anyone who purchased the original FS9 PSS757 download, been able to get it installed under a W7 computer. My installers won't work from my purcahse since company went deep 6..

Thought I would ask, has anyone who purchased the original FS9 PSS757 download, been able to get it installed under a W7 computer. My installers won't work from my purcahse since company went deep 6..

You can get an updated installer by going here: http://www.blackboxs.../knowledgebase/ and reading the FAQ, then submit a support ticket or email and make your request for the installer. I have no idea what details they will want...

DJ