Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Whodathunk it could be this bad?

Whodathunk the Flight bashing would be this bad? Like anything it needs time to mature.

And that response sums up perfectly the intolerant attitude of some of the Flight! supporters in this forum.

No I was seriously wondering why anyone that disliked the program that much wanted to participate in a forum for it, I don't quite get that.

I personally have no desire to participate in forums for simulations/games that I do not care for.

Hello

And that response sums up perfectly the intolerant attitude of some of the Flight! supporters in this forum.

Over protected in the beginning by the moderators, some of you now feel entitled to behave in any way you want.

And THIS sums up the attitude I just don't understand.

I don't use PMDG, REX, GEX, A2A, or any of the other add-ons...

I haven't used FSX in months, FS9 in years, or FS2004 in going on a decade...

YET... I have NO desire, or inclination, to go to THOSE forums and berate their products, demean their users, or express my wishes for what they SHOULD be doing...

And THIS sums up the attitude I just don't understand.

I don't use PMDG, REX, GEX, A2A, or any of the other add-ons...

I haven't used FSX in months, FS9 in years, or FS2004 in going on a decade...

YET... I have NO desire, or inclination, to go to THOSE forums and berate their products, demean their users, or express my wishes for what they SHOULD be doing...

Eh...........

Its apparently what some people feel they need to do.

In other news, dogs chase cars. (not sure what happens if they ever catch one)

They have their reasons too, I suppose.

To all the rest of us, its just one of those odd things.

Whatever.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think it's very bad.

Not the game (still in its infancy after all) but the really bizarre spectacle of 'Flight bashing' - for want of better words - from a small minority of posters who seem intent on killing it off...

There are many well reasoned arguments from those who want more (far more) of Flight; as well as from those still upset that Flight is not FS11; but hearing the same negativity from one or two persons day after day is getting tiresome. Yes, I know, I could just block their comments, but I'm more of an inclusive person at heart and think of that as a desperate measure indeed.

But the really weird aspect is that those of us who try and carefully articulate reasons for positive thinking - there's a list somewhere of around 20 things that Flight does very well - have been roundly derided as gamers or fans, or being religious about the game...

There's a great constructive thread in this forum on VOR navigation... This demonstrates the appetite for knowledge from 'gamers' keen to progress to the more cerebral aspects of flight. It would be great if the more experienced, the self-styled 'hard-core' simmers, could participate in threads like this, not with derisory comments about missing cockpits (we have noticed) but with helpful tips based on their greater experiences of either flying for real, or of playing other flying games.

I might be completely wrong but I sense that such dialogues would be far more appreciated than increasingly polarised exchanges that get us... nowhere. So on that basis, I will no longer take sides in arguments and try instead to focus on aspects of Flight that are interesting and/or fun - or (in the spirit of impartiality), plain wrong or missing :)

And here, I thought the first post was quite apropos, and wasn't a "bash" at all.

I happen to agree with his opinion. I kinda like Flight (wish I could get it to work (I can't connet to Live)), but the last thing I'm gonna do is buy a plane without a cockpit.

But, in the meantime, I've still got FSX.

It would be nice to be able to upgrade to something better, but, guess I'll have to keep waiting.

This is not a bash. I'm here because I keep hoping that I'll learn something about how Flight is going to get closer to what I'm looking for, and I keep hoping I'll find a solution to my problem so I can at least get the Stearman.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg