Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

Wilco Pub CRJ NextGen Deluxe released!

Hello All:

Well, I purchased it. I'm not the biggest Wilco fan, but I do find their ERJ's OK, and back when they released the original CRJ, it wasn't that bad of a plane. I also wanted another RJ as I prefer shorter trips - I gave up waiting for Aerosoft.

I've only done one flight last evening, and am about to start another. My impressions? Not bad at all.

Is it perfect? I don't really spend much time outside looking at the plane, but my brief walk around impressions - as mentioned above the nose seems a bit off. (So did their original 737 - but it was a nice plane to fly). The rest of the plane looked like a CRJ is suppossed to as far as I could tell'

I'm strictly a 3D cockpit person, so I can't comment on the 2D panel, but I was actually impressed with the CRJ's virtual cockpit. The feel of 3D I thought was better than the ERJV2, And waaay better than the CRJ V1. There are issues, the click spots for the knobs ( course, heading, alt) on the AP are hard to find. The display panel, which you have to reach through the yoke to get at, did not seem to work from the VC, but the 2D pop up worked OK. Other than that, I didn't notice any glaring oddities . (The instruction manual leaves a bit to be desired).

The systems ( Hydraulics, Air, Electrics Anti Ice, etc) seem to be modeled OK and worked as I expected, very similar to the CRJ V1, but a bit more refined.

How did it fly? Just like I expected. Similar to the CRJ V1, rotation has to be monitored closely, it likes to jump into the air when it finally lifts off. The Autopilot - CDU worked well, climb to cruise in speed mode went as it should. Level off and cruise - no auto throttle in these - were fine and I didn't notice any porpoising. Descent in V/S mode worked great, and just like the real CRJ (as I've heard), was a little difficult to land nicely.

Yes, I own and fly the PMDG NGX regularly, and there is no comparison.

I purchased the deluxe version of the CRJ NG, and for me, (again this is an early post as I haven't flown it but the once) It seems OK. If you liked the ERJ's from Wilco, flew thw CRJ V1 or just want an RJ for those short hauls - like me, you'll probably like this one.

Not a perfect re-creation, but certainly very far from bad. For the asking price of the deluxe version, which was $41.00 and change Canadian, It's not a bad deal at all. I'm actually quite glad I bought it.

Anyway, away I go test flight #2 CYOW-CYYZ is awaiting its pilot.

- Roger

What about the night lighting in the VC? Does it have gauge back lighting without the flood light?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Jeff:

No, it's like the ERJ v2, all in one switch, but it does seem to be not quite so garrish as the ERJ.

- Roger

1. AFS Design: Wrong information on product page and general horrible quality.

These guys are real real bad. I made the BIG mistake of purchasing something from them and i almost slapped myself just after. They lied about the product features and their models and panels are h-i-d-e-o-u-s.

As far as this Wilco is concerned, i'll skip it for sure. It looks of very poor quality and nothing even close to their -135 -145 and -170 -190 models. Meh for Wilco.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Does Flight1 offer refunds for UT2?

Off-topic for this thread, but the Flight1 purchasing system allows for refunds within 30 days if the customer does not like the product and the product is removed.

Jeff:

No, it's like the ERJ v2, all in one switch, but it does seem to be not quite so garrish as the ERJ.

- Roger

Shame. That's what has kept me away from the ERJ's. I'm not a stickler for systems but bad night lighting in a VC really turns me off. I guess I'll have to wait for Aerosoft.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

These guys are real real bad. I made the BIG mistake of purchasing something from them and i almost slapped myself just after. They lied about the product features and their models and panels are h-i-d-e-o-u-s.

Yeah. Also from one Youtube video I read that one of AFS Design fighter jet models is one meter shorter than in real life.

Thankfully I at least got that money I wasted on their product back then with my own small scale FS business, but its really a shame that Simmarket allows them to directly lie on their product pages.

I really have nothing against selling that bad quality addons, its a free market. However lying/misinformation on product page is completely another thing.

As far as this Wilco is concerned, i'll skip it for sure. It looks of very poor quality and nothing even close to their -135 -145 and -170 -190 models. Meh for Wilco.

Remember that the ERJs are NOT Wilco products! These are Feelthere products all the way. The Wilco CRJ, however, is an initiative of Wilco Publishing and I think that the panel was made by Feelthere, but all modeling by other parties.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yep and there will be JUST enough people that buy this thing to make Wilco go "We did it again! Now whats the next piece of junk software we can fool these guys with".

Gentlemen, get it in your head. Companies like this will keep screwing you over until you give them a reason otherwise. To keep buying their crap software is NOT that reason. JEEZ!!!!!

I want my money back ! Shame on YOU Wilco !

too much, too soon....

Purchased and installed the Standard version. I haven't taken the CRJ NextGen on a flight, but did do a couple of circuits with it.

First impression is it is not a PMDG aircraft, but compared to the old CRJ Regional Jet v1, it is much much better.

I saw a couple of minor bugs, but nothing that won't be fixed with an service pack, I am sure.

Certainly beats freeware.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Have you programmed any routes in the FMC?

I want my money back ! Shame on YOU Wilco !

If you used Paypal, file a claim with them. i did and shook Wilcanot all up!

Purchased and installed the Standard version. I haven't taken the CRJ NextGen on a flight, but did do a couple of circuits with it.

First impression is it is not a PMDG aircraft, but compared to the old CRJ Regional Jet v1, it is much much better.

I saw a couple of minor bugs, but nothing that won't be fixed with an service pack, I am sure.

Certainly beats freeware.

Try entering a route with procedues in the FMC then try changing waypoint speed and crossing altitudes according to the published charts? Then try finding the RWY procedures! :)

feelThere has nothing, zero, nada, to do with the CRJ nextgen. zero code writing, zero modeling, zero connection.

--

I think that feelthere shold completely disassociate from Wilco (yes I do know feelthere has zero connection for the CRJ as said above). Pure Bad reputation. Better off having Aerosoft as a publisher for future products. . But its my opinion.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png