Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Milviz B55 might be available really soon

Here's the Paint Kit (should that be caps?)...

www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/B55_paintkit.zip

Note that you will NEED photoshop or gimp to use these... and they are not simplistic.

Sorry!

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

One question I haven't seen in this thread- or on the MilViz forum- the instrument back lighting, I see where the control is (beneath the elevator trim), but I can't see much happen when I turn it (I'm unsure how many "clicks" take it from full on to full off). Any advice regarding this? It may be just me doing something wrong :)

Thanks, Bruce.

It's not overly bright but functional, is it dark enough to be needed?

Watch the GPS and radios when you flick it.

I use a joystick switch so I can't advise on the position though..

One question I haven't seen in this thread- or on the MilViz forum- the instrument back lighting, I see where the control is (beneath the elevator trim), but I can't see much happen when I turn it (I'm unsure how many "clicks" take it from full on to full off). Any advice regarding this? It may be just me doing something wrong :)

Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce, that knob does not respond (at this time!) to "clicks" at all. Grab the knob with a left-click and DRAG your mouse to the right to increase brightness, or left to decrease brightness...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Bruce.

It's not overly bright but functional, is it dark enough to be needed?

Indeed - during daylight hours you can barely tell it's on, but after dark it actually lights things up quite nicely, other than a couple of needles as has been previously mentioned.

Scott

Actually, we tested for the needles and they all seem to work fine... not sure whats going in yours...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

PaintKit question.

I tried to open the first two files in this folder but got a "not a Photoshop" document.

I later noticed leading "." in filename.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

PaintKit question.

I tried to open the first two files in this folder but got a "not a Photoshop" document.

I later noticed leading "." in filename.

That's the MacOS X 'preview/thumbnail' meta directory, you want to go back to the root of the paintkit and go into the regular 'B55 PaintKit'.

You can delete the _MACOSX folder, it's useless to windows users.

Actually, we tested for the needles and they all seem to work fine... not sure whats going in yours...

Interesting. I'll grab a screenshot later today and get it up on the B55 support forum. Guess that means I'll have to get registered there as well! :-)

Scott

After the Service Pack is released will the newly purchased B55 already have all it fixes and updates installed automatically?

Best Regards,

Yes. We will propagate all the fixes to all portals and to all clients whose emails we have access to

I'm having trouble trying to install the low res textures. Could I please get some step by step instructions? Thanks

Matt Wilson

We don't support them here...

If you wish support, please get a username and password and we will assist you there. To get a username and password, please send a proof of purchase to roadburner at milviz dot com.

thanks,

Any estimate of when the service pack will be out?

Best Regards,