Sign in to follow this  
out

Namaste! Kathmandu Tribhuvan, Nepal, released!

ThaiCreation replied via FB:

For fix about objects disappear after edit VNKT's AFCAD file. Please go to 4shared(.)com and search for VNKT_FIXED.rar Download and replace an old file in scenery folder. And then, you can edit AFCAD file without the losing object problem.

Kind Regards,

Peter

There is no other way that is why the scenery designer should know better than to put the autogen, flattens, objects etc etc into the Afcad......it should be a separate file.

The designer should know better? I disagree.

If anybody chooses to modify a product in an amateur manner and breaks it in the process it is not the designer's problem. It is not an insoluble issue, however. Just put your modifications in a new file at a higher level than the original.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

If anybody chooses to modify a product in an amateur manner and breaks it in the process it is not the designer's problem. It is not an insoluble issue, however. Just put your modifications in a new file at a higher level than the original.

John

We are not modifying in an amateur manner. I am in fact trying to help the developer to improve his product.

edit*.... and yes only the designer could solve the issue.

John

I am not talking about what I modifyed but the original file provided by the developer. And it seems as Thai Creation now realised that HE made a mistake. I will check out the new update as soon as posible

I will check out the new update as soon as posible

New update made zero difference to me..... trees/objects still disappear if Afcad is altered. (using ADE) :Nerd:

You have to rename the VNKT_ADE_OBJ.bgl (Can't remember the exact name now because I changed it - The 936kb one) to something else before you edit the ADE.

I removed the ADE reference totally, just VNKT_OBJECT_OBJ.bgl, then I have been able to edit the ADE to my hearts content.

New update made zero difference to me..... trees/objects still disappear if Afcad is altered. (using ADE) :Nerd:

But in the update the afcad is moved from the original file, so that there are no trees/objects attached to the afcad. The afcad that you can edit is now called VNKT_ADE9_ADE and the one with objects that you just leave is called VNKT_ADE9_ADE_OBJ

Are you sure oyu overwrote the original one ?

It works fine for me

You have to rename the VNKT_ADE_OBJ.bgl (Can't remember the exact name now because I changed it - The 936kb one) to something else before you edit the ADE.

I removed the ADE reference totally, just VNKT_OBJECT_OBJ.bgl, then I have been able to edit the ADE to my hearts content.

That did the trick! Thankyou very much.