Sign in to follow this  
miami747

FS Crash on arrivals

Does your throttle quadrant have fuel cutoff switches?

What can happen is the hardware sends a signal saying the fuel switch is in a certain position that doesn't necessary match up with the actual position of the fuel switch in the aircraft.

Thanks Bryan. No, my throttle quad doesnt have fuel cuttoff switches. Is there a way I can tell if my hardware is sending a signal saying the fuel start levers are in a certain position?

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hi Julian,

Perhaps that's it.

I have a fully activated GSX and it works fine for me. I can't reproduce this crash.

Hi Bryan,

I have not experienced this issue at all. Something external to FS2Crew seems to be the issue. I always run the stand alone manager at the end of any install or update due to couati being so sensitive to change.

For those who are still having problems, try checking the DLL.XML with notepad + to check for

syntax errors. Instructions on how do do this is available at the PMDG main support page in the knowledge base section. Somethings have to be ruled out when trouble shooting, this is one of them. Deleting the fsuipc.ini is another and making sure it is up to date.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Bryan and all those having CTD problems at engine shutdown.

I now don't believe it has anything to do with GSX, as others who don't use GSX also has this problem.

I belive it has do do where you place the FS2Crew main panel.

Mine was placed in the bottom left hand corner over the red and white FSX parking brakes message.

After a lot of thinking and many hours spent trying to eliminate this problem, I believe I may have solved the issue.

I have conducted six flights over the past 48 hours and have not had one CTD at shutdown.

Here is the fix that worked for me, and I hope it works for you.

Go to the fsx.cfg file...on the line "Info Brakes Enable= change True to False

on the line "InfoParkingBrakesEnable=change True to False.

With this action you will remove the red and white line referring to parkling brakes in FSX in the left hand corner.

You will also remove brakes messages if you have rudder peddles.

I've also stopped using the keyboard full stop to apply and release parking brakes, and instead I'm using the mouse to apply parking brakes on the NGX lower panel.

However I will try the full stop on the keyboard and let you know what happens

That's it, it worked for me.

Cheers Paul Dubois

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the report. Glad you appear to have it nailed.

I've never seen that kind of issue, but let's hope it works.

We'll see what the others say.

I know it's not GSX because some people who don't have have GSX installed reported this.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan, thank you for your reply.

Just an update, flew five consecutive sectors today and FS2Crew performed faultlessly, as did GSX.

I used the keyboard full stop to operate parking brakes and all worked fine.

Kind regards Paul Dubois

I have had a few flights in a row with the crash happening right around engine shut down. I am going to try the parking brake fix and see what happens. But I also had a few flights in a row with no crash. It is odd. If I keep getting crashes after the fix I will let you know and maybe sometime we can try a remote connect to see whats going on. Problem is I can't get it to happen every time at least not yet.

Just and update folks.

After my last post, I thought I had the problem nailed, but alas it came back...how frustrating.

I still believe the CTD has to be a clash with the parking brake.

I have not been using the parking brake of late, and when I shut down the engines, I followed another suggestion in the forum where I went straight to the FMC/CDU, add the wheel chocks and continue on with disarm slides, open doors, shutdown procedure etc.

So far...no more CTD's.

It's worth a try.

Cheers Paul Dubois

Hi guys,

I've been having this problem too and I seem to have solved it.

I was crashing at shutdown also. I had fsuipc set up to save my flights every 15mins in case of ctd's

so after a ctd I went load the last instance that fsuipc had saved to see if it would crash again when I landed.

I noticed that the last time that fsuipc saved in that flight was the exact time that I ctd. I looked at my fsuipc setup

and saw that I had 'Save on ground' checked, I unchecked this and have had multiple flights since without any problems.

This worked for me, I hope it helps someone else.

Jim Tierney

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the sharing this.

Reported "solutions" for this issue are all over the place. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

But if that worked for you, that's all that counts. Maybe it'll help someone else, too.

Cheers,

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the sharing this.

Reported "solutions" for this issue are all over the place. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

But if that worked for you, that's all that counts. Maybe it'll help someone else, too.

Cheers,

Sure is odd how there seems to be different solutions. I am not going to get too excited yet but I did the FSX.cfg parking brake=False "fix" and have had five good flights in a row with no crashes.

Hello All

I too have had the odd CTD straight after engine shutdown. However, I believe the problem has nothing directly to do with FS2Crew per se, but rather a sign of an impending OOM crash, with FS2Crew being the "straw that's breaking the camel's back".

If you have a licensed copy of FSUIPC, this may be of interest - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71348-oom-warning-given-by-fsuipc/

On my recent flight from EGSS to LEAL, I started getting the audible low memory warning discussed in the above link just after activating AES at the arrival gate. What seems to work for me is to instigate an immediate scenery refresh which defrags and frees up enough process memory to stop the audible low warning. After that, FS2Crew works without a hitch.

After each flight, I review the log that FSUIPC has created and after a 2-3 hour flight, my process memory has dropped from 1.3Gb to ~300Mb - quite scary really...

Hope some find this useful.

Regards

Gary

my process memory has dropped from 1.3Gb to ~300Mb - quite scary really...

That's probably bad 3rd party scenery, which is the most common culprit of FS problems from my experience. Or maybe some bad AI traffic.

I'm well aware of FS2Crew memory footprint, and it's negligible.

Well I have had four flights in a row with the crash occuring about 5 seconds after shutting down the engines. In all types of airports and time of day. If I get another flight or two with the crash again it seems like I may have a consistent problem now, which is annoying but maybe we can figure out whats going on now. I will let you know.

my process memory has dropped from 1.3Gb to ~300Mb - quite scary really...

That's probably bad 3rd party scenery, which is the most common culprit of FS problems from my experience. Or maybe some bad AI traffic.

Hello Bryan

From the research I have performed on the reasons for OOM errors, these figures seem relatively normal given our propensity for complex addons and / or scenery.

Regards

Gary

OK. I have tried all of the fixes mentioned above, but I am still having crashes shortly after the engines are shutdown. Anybody been able to solve this one yet?

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR