Sign in to follow this  
miami747

FS Crash on arrivals

Well, reading this thread from the beginning, the "solutions" people have have been all over the place.

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

In your case, if turning down your sliders a bit works, then go for it.

As mentioned, I've tried 100 times to reproduce this and I can't.

Hi Bryan,

I'm glad to say that the problem has gone away for me. I have done three flights now with the NGX voice version and GSX and have not had a crash at shutdown. Not sure what finally cured it, but this is what I've done in the last week.

1) Downloaded the new stand alone addon manager from FSDreamteam

2) Installed 2 GSX updates

3) Downloaded and installed the Vista uiautomationcore.dll and put it in my FSX root folder

Christopher

Hi all...just an update.

Since the 25th of June I have not had one CTD at shutdown.

When I arrive at the gate I NEVER set the parking brakes, I just shut down both engines, and apply the wheel chocks, the proceed with the Shutdown Checklist.

I use GSX, AivlaSoft EFB, Radar Contact, Topcat, Active Sky Evolution, and VRInsight MCP II Combo.

Cheers Paul Dubois

When I arrive at the gate I NEVER set the parking brakes, I just shut down both engines, and apply the wheel chocks, the proceed with the Shutdown Checklist.

If I am not wrong, If you don't set the parking brakes, you don't trigger the FO to clear you to shut engines, to tell the FAs to disarm slides and to put the APU generator on bar.

On my side, I am not experiencing crashes if I set the chocks myself before shutting engines down. In that case, the FO doesn't touch the CDU and no crash occurs. Thus I guess the crash is caused by the FO's "intention" to set the wheel chocks (since at times the crash occurs even a moment before he goes to the CDU).

James Goggi

I want to give this very mysterious CTD another crack.

If you can "consistently" reproduce it every time, please email me asap at: admin ** at *** fs2crew.com

At any rate, I really need to find someone who can "reproduce" this crash every time.

Cheers,

I have, first time, the same CTD, when ground crew set the wheel chocks, ntdll.dll in event viewer :

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3

Faulting process id: 0x1274

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce24a9b77f1b18

Faulting application path: K:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: c8bf2632-90ae-11e2-b16b-90e6bab70715

if this can help you Byork...

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂