Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

What aircraft do you want to see in Flight; Alaska?

I want the deHavilland Dash 7. After flying around in Milton Shupe’s Dash 7, I’ve wanted an updated one. :Party:

I second that! Milton's Dash 7 is a hoot.. And the passenger/cargo variant would be nice! ^_^ But a DHC-5 Buffalo would do too B)

In the helicopter catagory the Bell UH-1 or Hughes OH-6 Cayuse (The last one is not the typical bush chopper I guess? But would be handy for some hot-dogging in Hawaii)

Take care!

Getting off-topic, but...

GPS is a wonderful tool, a true paradigm shift in navigation, but neither it nor the lesser-used alternative satellite systems should become the only external source of navigation information.

I think ground-based radio navaids should remain in place not out of nostalgia,  but simply as a backup.   GPS, for all it's virtues, has potential vulnerabilities to availability and accuracy that the individual ground navaids do not share.

I am very leery of putting all my eggs in one basket, then letting a stranger carry the basket for me.

Nations other than the US should be even more wary, because they are not in control of the GPS system.

I sure do want it in my plane, though.

177856.jpg

and not really a Bush/STOL but was used/is used by oil companies in Alaska and Alaska Airlines and still some in service today.

fbf_120224_7.jpg

And if those 2 aren't acceptable, then I'll second the Baron and the Goose.

NOT this one! My knees would never fit under that yoke cross-member...

post-219507-0-75961300-1341470984.jpg

AW609

aw609.jpg

You couldn't pay me enough money to fly in that thing.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Me either. I have V-22s flying overhead daily, and the urge to run for cover never goes away.

Me either. I have V-22s flying overhead daily, and the urge to run for cover never goes away.

There is an aircraft that you can't dead stick or auto rotate.. Something goes wrong and kiss your butt goodbye.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Your right, I woulden't pay you, lol

I guess you would't go up in a helicopter likewise?

I have this for FSX and really like flying it, and per the title of this thread

"What aircraft do you went to see in Flight; Alaska?"

I believe this would be the perfict one for that location.

Your right, I woulden't pay you, lol

I have this for FSX and really like flying it, and per the title of this thread

"What aircraft do you went to see in Flight; Alaska?"

I believe this would be the perfict one for that location.

Got about 10 hours in a R-22. They auto-rotate very well. You cannot autorotate the Osprey, or dead stick it like I said. A parachute is a good alternative, if the rotors don't slice you into little pieces..

Got about 10 hours in a R-22. They auto-rotate very well. You cannot autorotate the Osprey, or dead stick it like I said. A parachute is a good alternative, if the rotors don't slice you into little pieces..

Maybe you might find this interesting.

http://www.helicopterpage.com/html/tiltrotor.html

Helicopters, like fixed-wing planes, have highly survivable options in the event of total loss of engine power. Tiltrotors? Not as much. Like he said, you can't autorotate very well and you can't glide much, either.

Tiltrotors offer the performance advantages of both types of aircraft, but they also limit the safety options of both.

I'll fly a tiltrotor in a sim, sure. But I will keep my distance in the real world.

I knew people who made different choices.