Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

It would be nice to have the aircraft unloaded as default and let the user choose the load. I use her for cargo in AirHauler alot and the unloading passengers is a kinda pain. Ive messed with it to get to that point but havn't had much luck. dll or something keeps reloading it on default.

If you change to the Basler from another aircraft, FSX is setting the weights specified in the AIRCRAFT.CFG. So you could edit there to get your custom payload. But the easier way is to save a flight situation with your desired fuel and payload settings. Then just reload the flight and you should have your load restored.

hi

I installed V2 and got the panel the way I want it...so far. But now this happens...does anyone know why, do I have to change a setting to use the new HD gauges?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/2gxqx

thanks lee

Guest KOXR

FSX cannot find the BT67_HD.CAB file.

You have the copy extract the BT67_HD.CAB file from the zip file and copy it to: \SimObjects\Airplanes\Basler_BT67\panel. On a default installation (windows 7 64-bit) the directory would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Basler_BT67\panel

also has anyone got a nice looking panel with just the GNS430 and no default 530? also no rxp weather radar...mines ok just looking for ideas

that did it thanks

FSX cannot find the BT67_HD.CAB file.

You have the copy extract the BT67_HD.CAB file from the zip file and copy it to: \SimObjects\Airplanes\Basler_BT67\panel. On a default installation (windows 7 64-bit) the directory would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Basler_BT67\panel

The checklist is also added to our VC model, just click the clipboard on the left side to show up

The original Kenn Borek Air Checklist

checklistxkzbm.jpg

and something I call the BT-67 'FMC'

fmcwilmg.jpg

Next Texture set is uploaded USFS, still needs to be activated ...

Going back to work!

Very nice. It's already in the VC? :o I've obviously missed that. :blush:

Hello guys,

after spending quite a few hours in the virtual skies, I must admit that Version 2.0 of the Basler, together with Version 3.0 of the HD gauges makes a really good aircraft for FSX!! :)

I guess most of you (like myself) have been waiting almost forever for a completely new, good and native FSX freeware aircraft. There are so many great payware a/c out there, but also quite many who are really not worth the money! And some payware developers really don't care about customer support...

This BT-67 is such an aircraft that we waited for for such a long time!

Thank you Daniel, Manfred and all others involved here for giving us this new toy! B)

Best regards,

Markus

Hello there, reporting back from hols ...

Great to see so many helpful tips and improvements in the gauges department from KOXR.

Here are some belated comments on some of the questions raised.

#318 N60JBravo: Is there, or will there be, a paint kit ?

Daniel has the paint kit. I suppose he will release once he is done with his lot.

#271 DanW sitting in the right seat I can't see any right engine or wing.

Yes, as pointed out, there is no right wing. Sorry about that.

Lifeguard911 Question for the developers- Yesterday, I was doing a night flight with the BT-67. I had the cockpit lighting on and when looking at the aircraft in spot view, I noticed a little bit of light leaking through the side of the fuselage by one of the hinges for the small access door behind the pilots seat in the cockpit. It looked like the light was coming through a seam. I tried getting a screenshot of it, but the light wasn't very clear in the shot.

Was this door ever considered to be modeled as an animation so the door would open up?

It's not currently modeled to be opened up. As for the light spill or chink, I'll check.

#260 desbean (no cockpit sounds): checked for all of the sound files and re-extracted them to be sure. Also deleted the permission for Basler.dll in the FSX.cfg and then re-allowed it, still no luck. A stubborn problem.

"Re-extracted" may be the clue - it's the integral Basler sound folder that needs to be there.

Otherwise, work on the "Spectrem" variant has just started.

Cheers,

Manfred

As I and others have said many times before on this topic, thanks to all who have put so much time and thought into this project. Also, thanks for keeping us "in on" all the development as it has progressed. It is things like this that should renew interest in the Flight Simulation hobby and keep it alive. I had about given up on anything to renew my dedication to simming, but with the advent (and subsequent quick failure) of Flight, this has brought me back to FSX in a big way. I even bought a copy of X-Plane 10 and it is still much like I remembered from 8 and 9. "Flight" (during its short lifespan) instilled a desire to master VOR and I have now figured out, for the most part, that monster. That served to make FSX a new experience and, with this aircraft, I am able to travel long distances rather quickly and utilize navaids and ATC in doing so. Thanks again, loyal flightsimmers.

John Wingold

:drinks: Very positive post, Old_As_Dirt. That's the spirit! I join in on the thanks for the friendly folks around. It's fun flying with you. :smile:

US Forest Service and Kenn Borek Air Fleet is on their way.

I had some problems with flightsim.com uploading the liveries last week ...

There's also the OK for uploading the Paintkit, 7 liveries to follow:

Basler Turbo Conversions "Factory"

Basler Turbo Conversions "Bare Metal"

Basler Airlines

Bell Geospace

El Salvador Air Force

Mali Air Force

Maurtitania Air Force

We have to keep the spirit of flightsim and freeware alive!

Guest MartyB

Just Started flying the Basler Because N142Z is Based out of Ogden Utah and i see it all the Time while taking my Lunch at Ogden Hinkley, I

must admit it's a very well Done Aircraft and quite Enjoyable to fly, The Price can't be beat !!!!

As a Non Painter would anyone Fancy a Re-paint of N142Z it sure would be Appreaciated !!!!!!!