Replay functionality restored. B)

FRAPS ate some of the frames. It was relatively smooth the first time around, but I desperately need to upgrade. At least they clapped!

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Hello

That VC looks a little rough compared to the PMDG NGX, very low res and blurry in places.

Is this really the best that XPX can offer ?

Hello

That VC looks a little rough compared to the PMDG NGX, very low res and blurry in places.

Graphically, no. There are plenty of other aircraft available that show sharper and crisper cockpit graphics. The 777's most notable feature is it's systems complexity. As of now, it's the most complex aircraft available for X-Plane. The payware addon market for X-Plane is really in its infancy, and a lot of people developing for it are not prior FSX addon developers. So right now, X-Plane is at around a FS2002 level in terms of what the addon developers are capable of. The foundation is there to make as complex and graphically detailed an airplane as any you'd see for FSX right now. As current developers mature in their skills, and other more experienced developers find their way to the X-Plane platform, you'll see even more detailed products become available. Already, there are scenery developers that rival anything Orbx has done in terms of airport detail (see the recent offerings from Drawbridge Designs and the work being done by Truscenery). It's really just a matter of time.

There's also a hardware barrier to overcome. X-Plane can be a real beast and needs pretty up to date hardware to run on before it can really shine.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Hello

I'd say it's on par with the PMDG 747 graphics-wise. As far as realism, it's almost as good as anything PMDG have done to date. Might even be better but need to put it through more tests to qualify my enthusiastic reply. Easy on frames to boot.

Hi,

I just bought my copy of this AMAZING aircraft! Not a bug precisely, more system related, here it goes: this product runs flawlessly in XP9 v9.70, so fluid but in XP10 v10.10r3 although I'm having very good fps, there are moments (like 5 to 10 seconds segments) that my fps drops horribly to 7 to 9 constantly, I have a core i5 @ 3.66 ghz, 8 gb ddr win 7 64 and GTX 460 1 gb, is the 1 gb of vram causing the bottleneck? in rendering options the video memory used is about 1200 - 1300, so is it a must to have a 2 gb vram card? I'll appreciate a good explanation of this.

Thank you very much!

Alexander Colka

Hi,

is the 1 gb of vram causing the bottleneck? in rendering options the video memory used is about 1200 - 1300, so is it a must to have a 2 gb vram card? I'll appreciate a good explanation of this.

Thank you very much!

When in rendering options, if it is showing that you are using 1200-1300MB of video memory, then you must adjust your rendering options to adjust the amount of vidoe memory used to below 1000MB. Your 5 to 10 second pauses are due to exhausting the video memory. I would target 900MB to be on the safe side with your indicated video card or of course you could purchase a new video card to better crank up the eye candy.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply, I guess I should get a new video card soon, I like the gtx 660 2 gb for it's performance and great price, tunning down some more the sliders? no way!

Cheers.

Alexander Colka

tunning down some more the sliders? no way!

lol, once you've had a taste of the candy, there's no going back! :lol:

Version 1.2 is available today ! B)

Changes in the 1.2 version

-enhanced 3d-cockpit in X-Plane 10, lots of button animations improved

-enhanced lighting of ground vehicles in X-Plane 10

-better ground handling

-roll and yaw stability adjusted

-tweaked fuel consumption in X-Plane 10 for more accuracy on long hauls

-full support for Aerosoft Navdata Pro with enhancements unique to NDP like Gate-Positions and RNP values

-improved navdisplay drawing procedures more accurately

-fixed several situations that caused broken lines or gaps on navdisplay

-fixed an error in estimated time display

-improved LNAV with correct turn restrictions, better handling of course-to-fix and course-to-along-track-distance legs

-improved behavior of altitude-dependent waypoints

-improved calculation and display of dependent intercepts

-improved interception of DME-Arcs

-X-Plane 10 autopilot improved, smoother turns at medium and high speeds and more accurate turn anticipation

-improved autopilot behavior when engaging VNAV SPD after takeoff

-fixed autopilot sometimes not tracking LNAV after go-around

-fixed a bug that could cause losing the active waypoint when changing an approach or transition

-fixed bug in holding at end of missed approaches

-improved fuel and time calculation after direct-to/shortcuts

-tweaked calculation of top-of-climb point

-tweaked POS REPORT and PROGRESS pages

-tweaked LEGS page behavior on cancelation

-improved speed restriction logic on descend

-improved VNAV descend and early descend profiles

-improved VNAV behavior with direct-to and shortcuts

-remote CDU styles tweaked for better readability

-remote CDU imposes touch-scroll restrictions only when actually running on an iPad

-fixed a bug that could lead to crashes on Linux

More about this here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=63033

This is great! Downloading update!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Better turn anticipation sounds good. My had a tendency of hunting back and forth before settling on course.

Now if I could just get female voices for the security briefing.... :-D

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12