Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

RealAir Lancair Legacy in P3D?

issgazer, many thanks for the workaround! Shame you have to faff around to get it to work fully in P3D, but at least it does! The workaround also works for the Duke soundpack!

I agree.

Just purchased the Migration tool and the Legacy and they seem to work perfectly. BTW the Marchetti, Duke, Spitfire and the Citabria etc also seem to work perfectly with the migration tool, excellent. :smile:

I agree.

Just purchased the Migration tool and the Legacy and they seem to work perfectly. BTW the Marchetti, Duke, Spitfire and the Citabria etc also seem to work perfectly with the migration tool, excellent. :smile:

Well, the airplanes are working perfectly, but in my case I have a heavy price to pay:

I am flying mostly GA and I am enjoying the changes in the landscape the most, but in legacy mode, the very slow scenery tile updating is becoming unbearable. There must be something wrong in my system setup...

BTW : "legacy mode starts "fsx.exe" in the prepar3d map. Is that a renamed copy from "prepar3d.exe" or a copy from "fsx.exe" out of the fsx map ?

Rgds,

Hugo

Well' date=' the airplanes are working perfectly, but in my case I have a heavy price to pay:

I am flying mostly GA and I am enjoying the changes in the landscape the most, but in legacy mode, the very slow scenery tile updating is becoming unbearable. There must be something wrong in my system setup...

BTW : "legacy mode starts "fsx.exe" in the prepar3d map. Is that a renamed copy from "prepar3d.exe" or a copy from "fsx.exe" out of the fsx map ?

Rgds,

Hugo[/quote']

That's an interesting observation Hugo, I did notice some scenery change problems myself but put it down to the Legacy aircraft needing more graphics power that my system can offer. I will try some tests next week using less graphics intensive aircraft.

Eric - I had the same problem with sounds in the Lancair Legacy until I ran Prepar3D by selecting "Prepar3D Legacy Mode" which only appears in the Start \ Programs \ Lockheed Martin folder when "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool" is active.

[...]

BTW are you the same Eric Bakker that I used to see in the ATP and PS1 forums?

Hi John,

Too bad I do not use the migration tool, and I do not plan to either. I want P3D to work properly by itself. <_< So I manually copy stuff over when needed, for example if there is no P3D installer with my add-on.

But I am very curious now what the option 'legacy mode' does! I mean technically.

As for who I am, you brought back memories of old! PS1 I have never touched (the only person known to me who used it is Steve Kelly), but you probably refer to the Compuserve Simpilot Forum, where I was a 'sysop' at the time. And Simon's pet simulator ATP was very present there. :wink2:

Nice to meet you again after so many years,

Hugo,

I too only fly GA, mainly in the UK, using Horizon's VFR Photographic Scenery Generation X, together with Earthsimulations Treescapes and their Shawbury Fields scenery product ( http://earthsimulations.com/shawbury_fields.html - I live in the area that covers)

This places quite a high demand on my system which FSX really struggled with. (Frequent OOM, CTD and massive spiking) Although the framerate now dips noticably in Prepar3D when overflying the Shrewsbury / Telford area, using the same hardware, I can now fly this area with impunity in the Lancair Legacy. In other areas of the world without photoscenery, I'm very happy with the scenery update rate, so based on that experience, I'd not be surprised if you did indeed have a problem peculiar to your setup.

Regards,

John

aka John Heaton

......... you brought back memories of old! PS1 I have never touched (the only person known to me who used it is Steve Kelly), but you probably refer to the Compuserve Simpilot Forum, where I was a 'sysop' at the time. And Simon's pet simulator ATP was very present there. :wink2:

Nice to meet you again after so many years,

Ah, my memory isn't as poor as my wife tells me then :lol: Yes, Section 7 of the old Compuserve Flightsim Forum was where I was thinking of. Subsequently Simpilots hosted by Simon when Compuserve decided to kick us out and then ........ :mellow:

I am still (infrequently) in touch with Steve although he has long since archived his flightsim interests. I'm keeping an eye on Hardy's PSX progress, but unlike Simon's AS3, I believe this will leave alpha, beta and come to market. Unfortunately at a price beyond my means though. It always had a professional feel to it. He can be found at http://www.aerowinx.com/forum/index.php also in Hangar 7 ! What is it with the number 7 and 'old flightsim' ???? Irrespective of it's progress, I still enjoy reading the discussion of the 744 systems between Hardy and pilots of the 744.

Back on topic, ....

I know what you mean about not wanting to introduce another layer of complexity simply to allow the Legacy to work 100%. I'm happy with the solution I discovered and trust that overtime I'll find another GA aircraft, developed specifically for Prepar3D, good enough to replace the Lancair Legacy. (Could be a long wait though :lol: ) Then I can remove the migration tool 'hack'. I suspect that will be true for most products currently benefiting from the migration tools legacy mode.

Regards,

John

aka John Heaton

[...] Unfortunately at a price beyond my means though. It always had a professional feel to it. He can be found at http://www.aerowinx....forum/index.php also in Hangar 7 ! What is it with the number 7 and 'old flightsim' ???? Irrespective of it's progress, I still enjoy reading the discussion of the 744 systems between Hardy and pilots of the 744.

[...]

and trust that overtime I'll find another GA aircraft, developed specifically for Prepar3D, good enough to replace the Lancair Legacy.

I have always been more of a GA type, I am not so much into the big irons. ;-)

As for the Legacy, I still hope that RealAir will decide to support P3D and fix the sound problem! Better than finding a replacement. ;-)

I'm very happy with the scenery update rate, so based on that experience, I'd not be surprised if you did indeed have a problem peculiar to your setup.

Indeed, the graphics settings of the card were totally off. After running NvidiaInspector while running Prepar3D in legacy mode and setting the parameters how they should be, my troubles are gone. No blurred textures anymore and sound on the Legacy. Thanks, but still wondering why that was happened.

Hugo

I think i found a partial solution, edit (and backup) SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Legacy\panel\Sound\RASLegacy_Sound.ini

Comment or remove line containing (line 5 in my file)  : GlobalCommands=SoundGlobals 

Load/Reload plane. You should now have all sound (except sideslips) on system default speaker (not p3d defined sound card).

I used EMT and Legacy works fine in P3D. Realair is about to release a P3D version soon.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

but it lacks the extra switch sounds, brake squeaks, etc.

Anyone figure out a way to make things work?

I managed to have the Legacy installed in P3D 2.4 and now in 2.5 with all the sounds by following this recipe:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449865-realair-legacy-and-duke-v2-in-p3d-v23-with-full-sound/#entry3060824

Edit: Sorry, did't realize this thread originates from 2012

I managed to have the Legacy installed in P3D 2.4 and now in 2.5 with all the sounds by following this recipe:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449865-realair-legacy-and-duke-v2-in-p3d-v23-with-full-sound/#entry3060824

Edit: Sorry, did't realize this thread originates from 2012

Glad you resurrected it actually. I was wondering if this could work. Although, it may be wise for me to simply wait on a P3D2.5 installer. interesting...

Yeah well I guess I am missing sounds after all. So I tried the Doug Dawsons fix from the link posted above and all seems to be working. Thanks for the info!

edit: One negative noticed so far, is when applying full flaps, the flap sound wont quit...lol

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Thanks Doug and Michael for the fix, they both seem to work fine in P3D2.4. However looking forward to having the GTN750 in the panel :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martin