Sign in to follow this  
Darth Mop

10fps with FSX using "new" hardware?

nope, haven't removed anything, I took that shot 5 mins ago with all hardware parts, I've maxed out all settings except AI which is not enabled since I couldn't find the FSX version of the ai pack i use

Shadows and the like are probably killing your FPS, especially with a non-tweaked SLI config like you're running. Go back to the 580 only and see what the FPS is.

In addition, turn off all traffic until you have the system performing well... just

one more thing to confuse your situation.

Bert

hello,

at 515ghz your vcore will be way above the normal limit and this will sure fry your cpu fast. if its your first time, more time needs to be put in accounting all the other factors.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

I've maxed out all settings

you can't do that. it's a good time to try one setting at a time and see how each one effects performance, nobody runs FSX maxed out

Shadows and the like are probably killing your FPS, especially with a non-tweaked SLI config like you're running. Go back to the 580 only and see what the FPS is.

and what does need to be configured exactly? i've installed all additional applications that came with the MB on a dvd but it seems that none of them are useful?

and what does need to be configured exactly? i've installed all additional applications that came with the MB on a dvd but it seems that none of them are useful?

I mean you need to setup FSX per the guide in the sticky at the top of this forum. I just built an overclocked i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz + GTX 580 system for a customer and with add-ons like Orbx, REX, UT2, and a nice Carenado B200 FPS can get down to the ow 20's in worst case scenarios, and that's with a tweaked system. Before tweaks it was in the teens. You *need* to tweak to use high settings + add-ons.

Maxed FSX.... yikes!

Kill AI road traffic, VC self shadowing for sure. Most of the scenery sliders can be maxed. Run water @ 2x.high with bufferpools mod (see RED highlighted post at top of forum). You'll need nvidia inspector as well... all in the guide...

here's the link so you can't miss it now

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Darth,

Try reducing some FSX settings. My hardware is similar to yours, and I don't even have mine overclocked as much as yours. I run 65% traffic with MyTraffic (the latest one), and about 33% on cars, and boats. Also, nVidia inspector is awesome!!! Put settings just like Word Not Allowed suggests, I found that most of my FPS issues were due to not setting up inspector correctly. Now I have a good balance of performance and great visuals, no blurries, and great LOD distance.

There is some great info here:

http://forum.avsim.n...-guide-for-fsx/

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD