Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phillip Gallagher

Can't climb past FL320 without plane shaking violently

After FL320 the plane begins to shake and gets progressively worse. Also the plane just goes into a complete dive and roll-over to one side quite unexpectedly!

As far as the shaking goes, it's not the weight, I adjusted for that. I could not find an answer to this although I researched before posting. :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Usually this is caused by FSINN weather. Were you flying online by chance?

Are you using ASE and FSUIPC? In the manual of ASE this is explain deeply. 747 is a sensible aircraft, like MD11 and this is the cause of S-TURN. Try to watch at the ASE manual, search for fsuipc.

Well. When I lower the altitude 2,000 it's back to normal and not shaking. Doesn't sink when shaking. Doesn't seem like a stall to me.

Phillip,

Ideally we need to see some clear screenies of your PFD, ND & Upper EICAS to help you.

Start a process of elimination, remove Accufeel for a test, after that use a weather theme instead of REX.

Are you doing something silly like using VS to control your climb? Try the tutorial flights and see if you encounter the same problems.

Remember that your aircraft's weight will gradually decline over the course of a flight as a result of fuel consumption. It takes more lift to climb when the aircraft is heavier. At high altitudes the lower air density significantly reduces the lift the aircraft can produce. With nearly full fuel tanks any aircraft will not be able to climb as high as it will be able to later in the flight when more of the fuel has been consumed.

When pilots plan a flight approaching the aircraft's maximum range they might need to cruise for a few hours at a lower altitude and wait until fuel consumption lightens the plane enough to climb higher. When the planned flight is significantly shorter than that model's maximum range the plane will leave the gate with less than a full fuel load, as fuel weight is also a factor affecting air speed, angle of attack (would effect the ability to see the runway during final approach) and length of the landing roll out (going off the end of the runway is seldom appreciated).

The thing is Accu-Feel mimics shuddering before a stall. In the Accu-Feel settings there is a slider to set the angle at which Accu-Feel starts shuddering on stall. Reduce the Accu-Feel stall shudder effect by increasing the angle. OR remove Accu-Feel for a test.

Doesn't seem like a stall to me.

Its a STALL. Stall speed at 200 is far less than FL320 due to density altitude. The AIR

I believe it was the Accufeel setting that makes the any aircraft frame start to shutter after passing a pre-chosen IAS.

I believe it was the Accufeel setting that makes the any aircraft frame start to shutter after passing a pre-chosen IAS.

That wouldn't be the stall speed by any chance? :P

Had the same problem, turned off AccuFeel during flight, shaking went away. Easy Fix! :-)

I am using AccuFeel usually just for GA anyway - its a great product, just feel it does not really fit to airliners.

Nico

Sane here Accufeel doesn't have to be turned off though i think you just have to adjust the setting in there where it controls how much stress the airframe under goes at higher IAS.

So that's resolved. Now, after flying the PMDg 747 for a while it starts to spin out of control and becomes unflyable, IAS drops really fast and the plane just dives over...strange this is.

So that's resolved. Now, after flying the PMDg 747 for a while it starts to spin out of control and becomes unflyable, IAS drops really fast and the plane just dives over...strange this is.

You stalled and the a/c entered into spin.

Sane here Accufeel doesn't have to be turned off though i think you just have to adjust the setting in there where it controls how much stress the airframe under goes at higher IAS.

Sorry Philip, but you are really giving the impression that you don't actually know how to fly this aircraft. I would very strongly recommend that you do the tutorial flights again and if you encounter something you don't understand, then you can ask specific questions about what you are seeing and what you are expecting. And please give us screen shots to show us what you are talking about.