Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Many thanks. :smile:

I've got family with me over Christmas, but I'll try a test flight next week.

Latest MCE installed and test flight LFPG to EGKK in PMDG747 (FSX), but much the same:

(1) FO turns AP on after climb out when requested.

(2) In the cruise, FO asks for confirmation of AP dis-engage but takes no action

(3) After auto-land, FO just keeps repeating "Auto-pilot" when asked to dis-engage.

Hope this helps. :smile:

After a long Xmas interlude...I am back to MCE and the Q400. The black selector knobs on the overhead panel (e.g. windshield wiper, bleed air mode selector) don't seem to work, while the ones from the center console (e.g. ARCDU mode, MFD modes) do. Are they different for MCE?

edit: The engine start ignition knobs are the only ones working

After a long Xmas interlude...I am back to MCE and the Q400. The black selector knobs on the overhead panel (e.g. windshield wiper, bleed air mode selector) don't seem to work, while the ones from the center console (e.g. ARCDU mode, MFD modes) do. Are they different for MCE?

edit: The engine start ignition knobs are the only ones working

MCE uses different techniques for various switches and various aircraft.

Currently, FO cannot handle "Flat type" switches with Q400 under Prepar3D V3.2 or higher. He can handle everything under FSX.

Needless to say we're working on restoring that functionality

I am having issues running some checklist items for the Majestic Dash that ship with MCE. The affected checklist items are:

'Pitot....On' Copilot says he can't read the item. I tried using 'Pitot-Heat' as suggested in an earlier post but get the same copilot response. He spells it correctly and when I reply 'On' the copilot then replies'OK Pitot heat turned on' rather than just proceed to next item

'Static isolation valve ..... On' the copilot reads the item as 'Now set static isolation valve'. Why does copilot add 'Now set...' to the item? I reply 'On' and the copilot complains he has no idea where the switch is. 

'Landing Gear ..... Down three green' When I reply the copilot says 'Gear already selected down captain'

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the above issues and found ways to solve them. Maybe part of the solution is to use a TTS voice which I am looking into. 

Many thanks

MCE won't set A320 Standby comm radio:  MCE 2.6.9.8 and FSX FSLabs A320V 1.0.1.197:  MCE command "set standby comm1 (or 2) xxx.x" works well on other aircraft, but seems not to work on the FSL A-320.  Frequency is parsed and is read back correctly, but doesn't appear in the standby window.  If I then say "swap comm1" the frequencies in the window swap, but the frequency I previously tried to enter in standby doesn't appear on the left side.  However when I look at FSX radio frequencies using another utility (Plan-G v 3.1.2 navcomm radio panel) the standby frequency does get set by MCE.  So somehow the MCE command isn't getting passed to the custom FSLabs comm standby window.

12 hours ago, ChuckOman said:

MCE won't set A320 Standby comm radio:  MCE 2.6.9.8 and FSX FSLabs A320V 1.0.1.197:  MCE command "set standby comm1 (or 2) xxx.x" works well on other aircraft, but seems not to work on the FSL A-320.  Frequency is parsed and is read back correctly, but doesn't appear in the standby window.  If I then say "swap comm1" the frequencies in the window swap, but the frequency I previously tried to enter in standby doesn't appear on the left side.  However when I look at FSX radio frequencies using another utility (Plan-G v 3.1.2 navcomm radio panel) the standby frequency does get set by MCE.  So somehow the MCE command isn't getting passed to the custom FSLabs comm standby window.

Yes, we are aware.

MCE changes the built-in FSX variables. The FSL A320 only links to FSX COM1, not the Standby one.

We haven't managed reading the custom FSL STDBY freq.

Experimenting, I discover the FSL standby frequency slot and FSL frequency swap buttons work as a separate system, independent from the FSX  active and standby windows and swap function.   But you don't have to use them.  You can "set comm1 xxx.xx" and then "swap comm1" to put xxx .xx in the hidden but functional FSX standby slot.   Works fine as long as you remember what you put there - it won't appear in the FSL standby window, or get swapped if you push the FSL swap button.  You must use MCE's FSX radio swap command for that.  You can put frequencies into comm2 active and standby in a similar way, and then say "select comm2" to use them.  Only issue then is that you wind up listening to both radios.  You'll have to punch off the audio on comm1 manually.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:36 AM, FS++ said:

FO lost ability to click "flat type" (example "auto-feather" and APU) switches with Q400 in VC when running under P3D V3

We are trying to restore that capability (which still works under FSX). We're going through a learning curve on this one, trying to figure out what LM changed.

It could take some time before this is restored.

This P3D flat switch problem is present in other P3D aircraft, such as the P3D version of the FSLabs A-320X.  The A320 has many flat switches on the overhead systems panel. Hence all the MCE A320 voxscripts involving hydraulic, fuel, pneumatic and APU unfortunately are inop in P3D version, at least for now.

Much of the time when I try to contact ATC via the PTT button on my CH Products yoke, the Internet Explorer window will pop up instead (I'm using P3D and Windows 10). I would like to stop this from happening.

Also, even though I own and use the GF-P8 GoFlght component (and I have "Use=1" set in the "[GO-FLIGHT]" section of the mce.ini file), I have seen no evidence of MCE automatically "sifting through the ATC menu". Is there anything else that needs to be done to have this feature work?

8 hours ago, medianet said:

Much of the time when I try to contact ATC via the PTT button on my CH Products yoke, the Internet Explorer window will pop up instead (I'm using P3D and Windows 10). I would like to stop this from happening.

Also, even though I own and use the GF-P8 GoFlght component (and I have "Use=1" set in the "[GO-FLIGHT]" section of the mce.ini file), I have seen no evidence of MCE automatically "sifting through the ATC menu". Is there anything else that needs to be done to have this feature work?

No idea how a joystick button would open Internet explorer. Definitely not something programmed by us.

Have you by any chance emulated a specific keyboard combination via FSUIPC that is triggered by pressing th joystick button and just happens to be the shortcut for firing internet explorer?

As for the Go-Flight feature. It works with Native ATC only.

It is designed for VFR flight, without any flight plan loaded.

Not sure what MCE version you're on. Suggest you update to latest V2.7.0.6 anyway.

Download latest version here

Important: Once you're done with update, suggest you reset MCE to factory settings

In Windows 10 search box at the bottom, type restore factory settings

Windows 10 will find the tool (it has a red icon). Just run it, and make sure you ignore Restore Windows or things like that.

Next time you fire MCE, you'll have to go through the wizard again. No need for speech training though.

Restoring to factory settings will ensure you have a healthy config (mce.ini) file in case yours isn't in good shape, or have one that isn't in synch with current release. Because from time to time, new options are introduced to the config file and the latter is never overwritten following an update.

Just noticed a strange anomaly. When departing I usually set my Nav1/2 setting on the Q400 to the ILS of the departing runway as part of the procedure for HUD on the Q400. Then on take off the FO announces the following:

"minimums"

"1000 ft"

I don't think he should make such announcements when taking off and climbing!  

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

1 hour ago, STUART_H said:

Just noticed a strange anomaly. When departing I usually set my Nav1/2 setting on the Q400 to the ILS of the departing runway as part of the procedure for HUD on the Q400. Then on take off the FO announces the following:

"minimums"

"1000 ft"

I don't think he should make such announcements when taking off and climbing!  

It does look like FO isn't seeing you're taking off.

If using hardware throttles, are they calibrated properly?

Or are they not advanced forward enough for FO to see them in takeoff position. He likely thinks you're on approach or something.

Just a reminder, when Windows UAC is enabled, to guarantee MCE is reading all FS data, ensure.

1 - MCE is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - fsx.exe and/or Prepar3D.exe are set to run as admin.

Gerald, 

The Q400 does not use full throttle on takeoff else engine N1 creeps into the red. I hadn't noticed it before latest upgrade, but perhaps I hadn't previously set nav1 to the departure ILS. 

I have my UAC down to min, as I got fed up with Windows10 prompting on every application. My MCE is installed on a separate drive to Windows. FSX is set to run as administrator, although not sure whether I reset MCE after the upgrade. 

Cheers

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not. In a support ticket with Ben he asked if I could see my V speeds change in the MCE UI when set in the aircraft (Q400 pro), which they do not alter. So perhaps MCE isn't seeing all the simulator info? 

This is on my fsx-se sim, admin rights set on exe and latest version of MCE. 

I don't set my Nav 1/2 for takeoff so haven't experienced the same as you Stuart. I can test it on my next flight however,

Rob