Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

Has anyone ever had this problem with the Flight 1 182?

hi

I just bought the F1 182 and am running into a problem..

I am on the 182 support forum: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/just-bought-looks-great-but-weird-g1000-problem_topic42736.html

But we thought that some here would have more ideas.

This is what my G1000 looks like

We have tried so many things but I just dont know why nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really dont want to return it but im getting quite frustrated now

thanks

Lee

We need more information - what are your PC specs? (mainly graphics card and driver version)

What mods are you running with FSX, i.e. fsx.cfg tweaks, Bojote Shader Mod 3, etc?

Restart your PC, then install it via right click "run as administrator" (when running the red wrapper don't just let it extract then auto run.... tell the program you want to install it later, then proceed with the run as admin)

In the past I've had installation issues when FSX was previously run without a system reboot... Also with admin settings. Even if UAC is disable, make sure you run as admin.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My specs are in my profile.. GTX560SE latest NVIDIA drivers my cfg is Word Not Allowed tweaked.

Ryan Ive run as an admin before and restarted...but ill try again.

thanks

lee

I'm out of ideas... it does scream corrupt install though... Is your AV program running while installing?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Leel, open that again in DXTBMP and click on the double arrow up and down button. that will turn it upside down. Worth a try. If that doesn't do it, try the <-> button, after turning it back the way it was. You get the idea...

I'm assuming that is the only anomaly. The rest of the aircraft is OK?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, I don't think that's the issue. Texture files are always upside down and reversed upon display as far as I can remember.

The issue is that somehow a texture file is displaying where the actually G1000 gauge is not showing.

Lee I have been looking for ideas on and off, you seem to be doing everything correctly. Have you got anyother addon aircraft that run the G1000 gauge? Have you got any other Flight1 aircraft that run the G1000 guage. It would appear that this particular gauge is somehow not functioning. Especially since you have been following the installation properly, your computer has all appropriate installs to keep it current.

If you have other aircraft with this gauge or other installs of other addon aircraft perhaps they are somehow interfering with the particular plane and functioning of this gauge.

If you do not have any other planes as I mention, try uninstall, then go to your aircraft folder and be sure that it is deleted from you FSX and also head over to your gauges file and ensure and manually delete any remnant G1000 guage and those Flight one AUX folders. Then to a clean reinstall. If you want you can just back those file/folders up instead of deleted outright.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks guys

AV is turned off.

I will uninstall and make sure all relevant folders are deleted. Hadn't thought of that.

If that doesn't work I'll give your flipping idea a try Ron.

Thanks again

Sent using Tapatalk

On reflection, you're probably right. It's hard to imagine them releasing a product with such a fundamental mistake eh?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

all relevant folders are deleted when uninstalled

any other ideas?

Yes, ensure every other windows program is shut down, everything. And I notice EZCA was running on your FSX.

I am wondering if that program is interfering with your install somehow. Is there a way to shut that off as well? At least temporarily?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I didn't run the EZCA config after installation! I will try that

Sent using Tapatalk

no that didnt work.

EZCA wouldve been shut down when FSX was shut down so thats not it either.

lee