Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Clandestine job with Cubby

Anyone else flown a clandrstine jobs with the Cub? I have only used the Carbon Cub for these jobs since it has been avaliable. I have never yet been intercepted by the police. I flew a job last night of about 67 miles. Just to check things out I was trying to be intercepted. I Flew 90 degrees off course for about ten minutes, then turned directly toward the distination marker. I climed to 10,000 feet much to the dismay of the no name co-pilot. I stayed well above 1,000 feet for the entire trip. No problems at all, landed and unloaded the cargo. 16, 689 Xp, that put me over 1,500,000 xp. I flew in clear weather at dawn with all the lights blazing. So I was just wondering if maybe the Carbon Cub was never really programed for Clandestine type missions and is not reconized by the authorities.

Beautiful images!!!! Will give that a try :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I flew a couple from Atka in the Cub and spotted the law once. My copilot mentioned that he wasn't sure about that airplane and just as quickly it disappeared. I was at approx. 300 ft. over the water at the time. The rest that I've flown in the cub, I haven't encountered them.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hi Folks

<snip>...

I have never yet been intercepted by the police.

I flew a job last night of about 67 miles.

Just to check things out

I was trying to be intercepted.

I Flew 90 degrees off course for about ten minutes,

then turned directly toward the distination marker.

<snip>...

So I was just wondering if maybe

the Carbon Cub was never really programed for Clandestine type missions

and is not reconized by the authorities.

Air1 -

Inappropriate, as derived from contradictory green & red statements. :smile:

Nice screenies, must treat myself to CC.

HTH

ATB

Paul

Nice screenies, must treat myself to CC.

HTH

ATB

Paul

basys, inappropriate. Don`t know what the heck you mean! :lol:

Well, flying 90 degrees off course for 10 minutes pretty much keeps you from being spotted. Although turning directly toward the destination afterward might have gotten a bit of attention.

It's good to know what works and what doesn't, so thanks for the post.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The police plane is always directly between the airports. If you fly off-course, you will never encounter them.

You can fly as high as you want, with all the lights turned on, ignoring all the ballast's (I mean, copilot's) complaints, so long as you stay off the direct course track.

Well I`ve just done a 64mile job with the CC to try this out and sure enough - no cops.

I never flew directly to the destination until the Checkpoint near the end, which is how I do missions with the Maule as well. Yet the other day I flew this way with the Maule and got caught the first time and saw them again on the second attempt.Although this time I evaded them and completed the mission. But in the CC they never even showed their face. So there might just be something in what Air1 says.

It might be that the cub is so slow it doesn't trip their "gotcha" radar. I guess their thought is "Who in their right mind would try to smuggle anything at 80 kts.? :lol:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hide in plane sight! Ha ha.

It is possible to met the cops (and evade !) with the CC too

("Forces de l'ordre" is the nice word for Cops in french...)

The mission was really intense, I was off course but still met the police RV-6 quite far from destination (it was a very short trip). As I was clearly over the ocean, no other options that going VERY low : I did some waterski @30kts and the RV-6 started eventually to aim elsewhere. After I could see it in front of me I resumed my flight more normally (means in the air). The police RV-6 was hovering above my destination, but I had no problem landing and getting the points B)

I had the cops overfly the runway during take off. The other plane remained on the map the entire mission, flying in a straight line toward the destination runway. It then circled at the end of that runway until I landed on it. Thought I was going to be picked up on landing, but no.

Well, I just did a flight from Port Larsen down to Akhiok - don't ask me where they are! :lol: Looked up the Job Board at Akhiok and, wouldn't you know it?, a Clandestine Job! Flying who knows what up to Kodiak.

Now, this raises an interesting question. I can guess what the cargo is in Hawai'i, and I know for an absolute fact what they carry here in the Caribbean (although just about all of that is destined for you guys up North :rolleyes: ), but what could the cargo be in Alaska? Russian Vodka? I would like to think so, but even that has been outsourced nowadays and is made in Latvia. :P

Anyway, I set up a flight plan, chose my Weather Theme and took off, flying real low! Down the valleys and up the rivers.

Unfortunately, the cat decided this was the best time to jump onto my lap, making me lose control of the airplane. And, since I was so low, there was not enough altitude to recover. In the drink I went.

All you can see is the gear. I sank very fast which is surprising for such a light airplane. No XP for me. Next time, I'll fly higher.

Best regards.

Luis

Darn cat!!! :lol:

Nice pics anyhow Luis. Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor